This thread is for healing priests, both Disc and Holy, to come and ask moderately detailed questions about healing in Ulduar and the new 3.2 Coliseum. If you're still struggling through Naxx and other 3.0 content, so long as you ask politely, I'm sure people will also be willing to help you out, although our focus is clearly going to be on the new content.
Things to possibly include when you post:
- WWS or similar report if possible
- Information on total number of healers being used
- A note about what spec you were using (remember that Armory shows both specs, do NOT link a random spec if it's also your Dual Spec; just mention it's Dual, and on Armory
- What problem you're encountering, or what facet of the job you're curious about
- A specific fight or group of fights you're currently interested in
- Your role on the fight(s) in question
- If relevant, the healer composition. For example, saying you're raid healing Ignis and struggling has a lot more context if you say you're running 3 druids, 2 paladins, 1 priest, 1 shaman.
If it's truly a http://elitistjerks....simple_answers/, then place it in the proper thread. This is for detailed discussion of WWS reports and raiding issues in Ulduar. Theorycraft does not belong in this thread, nor, to the most extent, does spec advice. Obviously if you're struggling with a fight, someone might suggest picking up an alternative talent, but if this thread starts to devolve into spec discussions and argument,s I'll just start removing posts to the other thread and slapping infractions on the people responsible. Keep it focused, keep it helpful, and keep it accurate.
We have some amazing theorycrafters and incredibly experienced priest healers on these forums. Pick their brains -- in the appropriate threads.
To kick it off, I'm quite curious what sort of healing style everyone has used on Razorscale. It's a nice, easy fight, and there's a million different ways to heal it, but I chose to go Discipline and use lots of Flash Heal. In the down time, I switched to PW:S and spammed it across the raid to absorb incoming damage. I found it worked quite well, although it showed up very badly in the meters (since PW:S still isn't really 'supported', aside from certain versions of Recount). So -- what did everyone do? Did anyone notice any neat things about the fight that you can use to predict incoming fireball damage?