Nyykademuz guide to soloing the elusive Elite Chick
There are a few main factors that a soloer must take into consideration when attempting to solo an Elite Chick.
- Know what level mob you as a player can undertake alone. Do not overshoot your skill, because you will find yourself in a bad situation and you will receive no experience. And lets face it when you try to solo an Elite Chick, experience is what you are after.
- Know your hunting ground. Prepare a map if possible of the location you wish to solo. Also know what days and time are best for your hunt. Because you want to have as many Elite Chicks available to you in case you fail on your first or second attempts.
- Be prepared! Bring the proper gear for this solo mission. Personally I think one should stock pile on certain item listed below:
A) Potion of Smellgood. This is not in your inventory but is used on your skin prior to leaving for the hunt. Make sure you use enough on yourself so that when the mob gets into your range it causes her to be drawn to you.
B ) Powder of the Infant. Use after a shower in conjunction with Under Arm Deo. This will enhance the Potion of Smellgood. You DO NOT want to fear the Elite Chick with your odor.
C) Flame of the Smoker. Have with you a miniature torch so in case the mob needs to light something, you have it ready to go. I prefer the purple item: Zippo.
D) Spell: Protect Sword. This is essential because if you are successful in your initial pull, you will need this spell later on in the hunt. I suggest to bring more than one of these scrolls with you, in case it is needed. These scrolls cannot be used twice.
The initial pull is vital to the hunt, because Elite Chicks will lose interest if you do not pull correctly, and maintain agro.
There are two preferred methods to begin the hunt for an Elite Chick.
1) Set up a camp, usually at the bar itself. When you get to the bar, stay standing next to a stool, but place your foot on the stool as to allow others to know this is your camp. You do not want to sit because if an Elite Chick walks over to the spot you can then offer her the stool, in one smooth and casual motion. The bar method also serves another purpose; it allows you to see which Elite chicks are buying their own potions.
2) The wandering method also works well for some. Stalk the battlefield using the skill known as Peripheral Glancing. This is good to use because it allows you to see many mobs at once. And can give you the opportunity to strike at the bar, the dance floor (this is an advanced skill which we will not talk about in this write up. Some say this Dance Skill is a racial ability, and is extremely difficult to master), or at a table.
Once you have located your target you must move in closer and make contact. There are a few methods we will talk about here.
1) Players Mark: You casually move near the target and use your Hypnotizing Glance spell. Allow her to see you are trying to initiate a look. This works well for the lower level hunter. You can tell the mob is interested because she will then use her spell, Come to Me Glance. You can usually tell she is using this skill by a brush of the hair, followed by a slight look from the corner of her eyes. There are other signs that you have drawn agro from her but each Elite Chick has her own variation of it and only a high end player can read these signs.
2) Aggressive Charge: Move directly into the target, and engage in conversation. This works well for the high end player, but can be a huge downfall for a lower end player. If your skill in conversation is below 300 DO NOT attempt this as your initial attack, I suggest you refer to part 1) Player Mark.
The hardest part is over. You pulled an Elite Chick and are ready to engage in battle. Even though this sounds easy it really is not, you have a lot of factors you will have to deal with. Agro is very important; you do not want to lose agro. Here are some tips to keep agro high.
1) Make sure you gain her name, and remember it! You DO NOT want to call her by a different name, for this will almost automatically drop you from her agro list. If you did not catch her name because of ambience volume is too high, do not be afraid to ask her again.
2) Eye contact, this can be very difficult for a lower level player, but maintain your eyes above the Elite Chicks neck. DO NOT by any means possible glance at her loot, this will quickly drop you on her agro list. You do not want to hear her /yell: My eyes are up here! A high end player can use his Distract Skill and casually glance at the loot, but this takes practice, and is not recommended.
3) Use the skill â€œQuestionsâ€ DO NOT talk about yourself, friends, your loot, or how much gold you have in the bank, you will lose agro! Ask the Elite Chick about her, and here is a very difficult talent, LISTEN, this too can be difficult, but essential because you can later use your reflect skill to throw some things she mentioned back at her, this usually impresses her. You can later use your memory wipe to forget these things.
4) Purchase a Drink: If you are smart you will pay attention to the drink she is having and will ask the bartender to get her another <insert her drink here>. If you skill in alcohol is low, you can always ask her what she is drinking and offer to buy her another one. This is an important skill because you want to lower her AC (Armor Class). The lower her armor the higher your chances on a successful solo attempt and the chance are double in your favor to use your Spell: Protect Sword later.
5) Successful Dance skill. Only to be attempted by a high level player. Do not attempt if you are not comfortable with the dance. Because it will surely make you lose some agro. However if you are successful with this finishing move, it can lead her to believe you are good at other finishing moves!
Things to be careful of: Gankers and Kill Stealers
A) The Ganker will attempt to have a conversation with you while you are attempting to solo the Elite Chick. Usually an old guild mate or someone you leveled with early on. Get ride of him, you do not want to group, remember this is a solo attempt, not a raid or group effort.
B ) The Kill Stealer will move in on your mob, even though she is clearly Player Marked. Hopefully you have been using all of your skills to maintain agro. If not you might lose the xp to the Kill Stealer, and might have to find another mob to solo. Do not attempt to engage in a fight with the KSer for this will not impress the Elite Chick and she will walk away (one can always find the KSer later and backstab him).
If all works well you have successfully soloed an Elite Chick. You will gain some experience and some possible loot. I will list some of her loot here:
- She will ask you for your number (gray item)
- She will give you her number, (grey item)
- She will suggest you exchange numbers (green item)
- She will suggest you exchange numbers, and asks you to call her (green item)
- Any of the above mentioned and a kiss on the cheek (blue item)
- Any of the above mentioned, and a kiss on the lips (blue item)
-She suggest you: drive her home, take her home, go into the back alley, go to the bathroom with her, wants to see the backseat of your car. (Purple Item)
-She suggests any of the Purple Items, but recommends her friend comes with her because she was so impressed by your playing skills (Legendary Item)
Remember to have your Spell: Protect Sword, handy. If you have any questions about this write up please feel free to contact me in game, or via the message boards. I hope this helps and I hope you have many successful pulls and many purple or legendary items!
Nyykademuz guide to pulling Elite Chicks
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users