Aldriana's Combat and Mutilate Sheet Companion
Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:09 AM
I still miss some of the functionality which was built into earlier versions of the many spreadsheets which have appeared on this site. I had helped write some macros that copied all upgrade gear to a new "upgrades" sheet. It also included information on the boss who dropped each piece, and let you filter to only show pieces which meet certain criteria (a given slot, or a give boss' drops which are still upgrades, e.g.).
Anyway, I reworked some of that functionality into a standalone sheet that connects up to the combat sheet. The benefits of the standalone sheet is that I don't have to keep re-applying all my changes every time a new version of the combat sheet comes out.
When you click on the upgrade buttons, it will cycle through the various gear choices, and copy any that are an upgrade onto a filterable sheet.
The latest version of the Companion sheet can be found here: Download Ald Combat and Mutilate Companion_3.3.3.xls
Aldriana's combat and mutilate sheets can be found here: http://elitistjerks...._updated_3_3_a/
Usage notes (as of initial release):
* As this sheet uses VBA, it is only compatible with Excel, not with OpenOffice. It may also be incompatible with some Mac versions of excel.
* This version is compatible with version 1.1 of the original combat sheet.
* Put this companion sheet in the same directory as the combat sheet. If you rename it, you can adjust the name on the options tab.
* You can also set an option for how much of a DPS upgrade an item needs to be in order to get copied over.
* The third sheet is just a look-up table which contains all the source location, plus some additional notes.
Hopefully someone else finds this useful. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to propose them, though I don't make any promises.
Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:32 AM
* As this sheet uses VBA, it is only compatible with Excel, not with OpenOffice. Given that the combat sheet also has this restriction, I doubt this will be an issue.
This is untrue, Aldriana's sheet works just fine in Open Office.
Edit: That said, this tool is not only incompatible with Open Office, it is also, as are other sheets dependent on VBA macros, incompatible with recent versions of Microsoft Office for Mac OS X as well. Just a heads up for those that might not be aware.
Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:46 AM
Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:04 AM
Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:39 PM
I suppose I could automate the color sockets, based on knowing that 32 AP gems are best for most people. I had trouble finding a way to calculate the EP of the 3% damage to crits in Ald's spreadsheet, though, so I ended up just back calculating the EP amount that caused my gemmed pawn calc to equal out. It's a pretty big hack, to be honest.
Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:07 PM
* Some boss drop data is missing where I couldn't find it on wowhead or mmo-champion
* I haven't yet decided how I want to display heroics level sources. For now, they are listed as being "Hard" mode
Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:22 PM
* Corrected a few source errors, changed ToC Heroics to use their own sources, added some previously unknown and missing source and type data
* Added a separate axe type
* Updated Pawn to generate socket values automatically and intelligently
* Added this usage notes and changelog page
Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:20 PM
OpenOffice has never supported VBA, so that's a no-go there. Ald's sheet works fine in both Excel 2008 and the OpenOffice variants on Mac OS X.
Mostly posting this to try to head off the "omg doesn't work on my mac" responses you are likely to get.
Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:25 PM
I wish there was something I could do about it, but the sheet makes extensive use of VBA, so I don't know that I would ever be able to get around it.
Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:18 PM
It's ugly as hell and it was (and is) my first approach in VBA or whatever, but maybe you can extract some useful information or routines out of it.
Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:53 PM
I just took a quick look, and see how you have things broken into to sections. Since this basically means writing the OO version of my sheet from scratch, I guess I'll need to take a crash course in OO scripting. I don't suppose you had any particular resource you preferred online?
Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:23 PM
Ald Combat Companion_1.2.1_Replace2.xls
Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:55 AM
Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:07 PM
Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:36 PM
Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:27 AM
Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:31 PM
* Updated to work with v1.3 b4 of the Combat sheet (note that you must rename the sheet to eliminate spaces and parentheses)
* Added Ony 10 and 25 loot (for future compatibility, once they are added to the combat sheet), updated source info for all remaining pieces
* Added ability to rename gear between Alliance and Horde equivalents (thanks to Driphter)
* Removed some extraneous Named Ranges (thanks to Furtim)
* Fix bug with Alliance/Horde rename
Once again: there is some sort of issue with this sheet if it tries to refer to a combat sheet which has [edit: spaces or] parentheses in its name. I may try to debug this more later, but for now the easiest solution is just to require you to rename your combat sheet to something without spaces or parentheses.
[edit: quick update to 1.3.1b4, fixed small bug with alliance/horde name replacement]
Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:37 PM
I noticed there are two death verdicts that come up in both 25 man ToC and Heroic 25 man ToC each with a different DPS gain listed. Why is this?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users