AoE Donkey Bombers is an Earthen Ring based 10 man guild. Our existing member base is comprised of exceptionally geared and highly skilled raiders who have cleared a majority of Ulduar 25. We're looking for a few more mature gamers to fill our ranks. At the moment we have open spots for Tanks, DPS, and Heals.
Let's face it a majority of us have lives outside of this game. Our intention is to raid and make progress through 10 man content fast and efficiently so that we can spend our remaining time doing whatever makes us happy. Our raiding times are scheduled in the evenings of Sunday through Thursday, EST.
Check us out at AoE Donkey Bombers!
Donkey Bomber? WTF?
As you (probably) already know: WoW is a game. And since we're playing a game together, first and foremost we are here to have a good time, laugh, joke, and enjoy ourselves. As you may be able to tell, we have a very relaxed attitude and a pretty silly sense of humor.
There is a time to goof off, and there is a time to get down to business. This is crucial, because in the following paragraphs we're going to highlight what we expect from our members that may not necessarily sound fun at first.
But let's face it: Wiping is not fun. Losing is not fun. Failing is not fun. We intend to focus on performance and personal responsibility so that we can reduce or eliminate frustrations that arise when the few are carrying the many.
In AoEDB, we will all be carrying each other. By encouraging all members to own up for their shortcomings, to be open to constructive criticism, to always strive to be their very best, and to always come to raids prepared and ready to conquer, we are creating an environment in which success comes naturally. Call it stacking the deck, if you will.
If this sounds like it is right up your alley, then AoE Donkey Bombers is the guild for you!
What we ARE
- We are here to have fun and experience raid content.
- We are a RAIDING guild.
- We are focused on progression. There will be no farming of content on guild time. That will be left up to individuals to do in their spare time.
- We are efficient. Everyone will be expected to have their game faces on (literally), while we raid.
- We are professional. You will always be treated fairly and will be held accountable for all actions.
- We are full of high expectations for our members.
- We are team players. We will always work together. A L W A Y S.
What we ARE NOT
- We are NOT hardcore. There will be no mandatory attendance requirements. Real life will always come first.
- We are NOT egotistical. Check your pride and ego at the door. It is not welcome here.
- We are NOT a role-playing guild, although we will not make fun of you if you choose to do that, so long as it does not detract from our core mission.
- We are not a daycare. We will not manage inter-personal relationships. All members must conduct themselves as adults and are expected to treat each other with
dignity and respect.
- We are not forgiving to people who blatantly don't try or do not want to improve. If you're not a self-starter, please don't waste your time or ours.
AoE Donkey Bombers is a guild that is founded on the following core principles:
[indent=1]All players are created equally (within reason)
There will be no special treatment, no private forums, and no discussions that occur that ALL guild members will not be able to participate in. Final decisions on how things operate will always be left to the discretion of the guild leader, but that does not make it a dictatorship. All discussions will err on the side of diplomacy.
All players are expected to participate in the guild community
As a member of AoEDB, you must participate in online discussions. The guild forums are just as much a part of the guild as the in-game activities.
If you can not devote at least a little of your time visiting the forums and participating in discussions, this is not the guild for you.
All players are expected to help themselves first
All members of AoEDB are expected to be self-sufficient. You must do your own research on boss strategies. You must do your own research on gear and provide your own gems, enchants, flasks, materials, etc. Begging, whining, complaining about people not helping you do X, Y, or Z will not be tolerated. Help yourself first.
As a Donkey-Bomber you agree to and will be expected to do the following:
- Always be respectful to everyone at all times (including yourself!).
- Participate in online discussions on the forums.
- Be on Ventrilo during raids unless you have a legitimate reason. You don't have to talk, but you do have to listen.
- Utilize boss mods (Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs, DBM preferred).
- Devote 100% of your attention to performing your assigned role while we raid.
- Have fun!