Rogue spec question
Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:21 PM
I had a couple questions I was hoping some of the rogue experts on here could answer:
1) At what gear level does combat dagger begin to outdamage seal fate by a noticable amount?
2) At any point is seal fate a preferable raiding spec?
3) Where can I find the math to back up the superiority of combat daggers, if it is indeed superior?
I'm not looking to force spec on rogues, just trying to help them understand how to optimize their own dps in raids. Also, if you have the math for SF vs. Combat SS builds, that would be appreciated as well.
Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:33 PM
2) If your goal is to put out maximum damage, it won't/can't be.
3) Do a search for "kalman" "wodin", or just poke around on Chalons combat dagger spreadsheet - it has its' own post in these forums. Basically, in that spreadsheet, take a look at how much white damage you're getting (as a % of the whole) as a general indication of how well CD scales w/ weapons/AP.
Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:51 PM
As for when, I'd say when people start running around with a mid 50-dps main and off-hand, you really start to notice the benefit of Dual-Wield Spec, and other white damage boosts. However all of this is subject to change somewhat in 1.12 when the review happens.
In terms of Combat Swords, it's pretty much on the same damage level as Combat Daggers, given equal tier gear, though Combat Daggers edges it out a little bit. So thus, Combat Swords is still quite a bit better than SF daggers.
Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:36 AM
The reason Seal Fate appears to almost be as good as combat daggers is because people don't know how to read damage meters. Seal fate can shorten the damage gap on combat daggers on trash mobs and then fall behind on boss fights. So people think, oh seal fate isn't that far behind combat daggers so it's still a viable spec. Wrong. Want to test this for yourself, next time you have a long boss fight reset the damage meter right before the pull /dmsyncclear then make sure to synch it after the fight, /dmsync Assuming that two dagger rogues stay alive (one from each spec) you will be able to see a noticable difference. Also, make sure they're not PvE stupid and know how to SnD properly (that is, all the time). And eviscerate = trash.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users