Infraction: 1. All posters are to make an effort to communicate clearly.
Message to User:
Since you've just popped up in 4 straight infraction reports, I'm going to give you some friendly advice: read the forum rules before ever posting again. If you pop up on another infraction report in the near future, you're getting a permanent ban instead of a temporary one.
uhm hi im curently enchant/herbs on my mage and i have put quite some amount of thinking in respecing proffesions. for one i put alot of money in enchanting so that wont fly off anytime near. the second one is that which i want to discuss. herbs curently offers me an aproximate 4k heal which has saved my life over and over when the healer slacks or is out of rng/sight. Do you consider it viable for me to respec for engineering/tailouring/jc and trading off the survivability for dps? if the engineer glove-haste ench. is clickable it quite turns the tables on herbs as my fb-ttw spec lacks any CD. as u can see i have diched combustion for practically useless at ~60% crit chance on fireball (40%crit on main with molten armour +focus from a buddy mage(i have like 4 other mages raiding with me so that`s np) making that 46%crit on fire, +3%from scorch talent +5%from fireball glyph +5%from imp scorch/shadowbolt). not that 2x3 crits and 2hs would count in a 5 min fight anyway. I believe that once healers are geared with full 245-258ilvl items healing and survivability will not be such a problem. I am leaning toward engineering but i want your opinions aswell.
I have also noticed that fireblast is no longer viable for dps in a fire rotation, I cast it only while moving and my dps has increased with 200-300 acordingly. reason? at 2400 sp with flask+food (i have 2242 or sumthing with no buffs) a firebalst is likely to hit for 2600ish dmg and crit for 4700ish dmg+ignite round that up at 6k. with 425 haste rating and 52% crit chance as stated higher up in this post it makes for 2600/1.33 dps when hits and 4700/1.33 dps when criting. rounding that up furthermore u get 0.48x2600+0.52x4700/1.33 dps where 0.48 and 0.52 are derived from critchance and 1,33 is my GCD with my haste. doing the maths its 1248+2444/1.33=2776 dps. my dps is somwhere from 4k to 5,5k depending on the fight. therfor fblasting is not worth puting into rotation with my stats/spec. can someone tell me if i messed up the maths or if with alternat stats fblasting would actually boost ur dps instead of nerfing it. i have not put ignite into the calculations as it also procs with FB and LB and since i have bigger crit chances on theese it will further nerf dps.