Infraction: 5. Threads should be started if and only if there is some reasonable topic to discuss.
Message to User:
Hunters have lots of bugs. Some of them are quality of life things, some of them are just broken things. Some of them have workarounds, some don't. Most importantly, some have an effect on how we should spec or glyph, and so should be documented and kept track of in a way that's easy to access. Let's do it here. I don't claim to know everything, so I'll keep this main post list updated with your additions. Also let me know if any bugs on the list get fixed.
The purpose of this thread is simply to list bugs, and workarounds for them where that is possible. I'm going to include some recently fixed bugs in case they resurface, and to make the fact that they've been fixed easily accessible.
Pets often freeze in the Orgrimmar Arena(Ring of Valor).
- Pets getting off or on to an elevator when it is moving will get stuck, and stay on the elevator. They will look longingly at targets they are told to attack, and chew on them if they walk by, but otherwise just sit there. This affects both the starting elevators, and the pillars.
- Can be devastating. Leaves the pet in a vulnerable position. Prevents all pet utility until the pet is freed.
- Pets will sometimes unfreeze when the hunter leaves combat, or if the hunter repeatedly calls it back to his side.
Thunderstomp will cast first if any other pet ability is used manually.
- Thunderstomp must be on autocast.
- Hunter must have an enemy selected
- If this is a serious problem for you, you can turn thunderstomp off autocast, and back on again with clever macros to get around this.
Heart of the Phoenix is not working correctly.
-When the pet is resurrected the pet is returned to life but the pet bar grays out and you have no control over it.
-The pet bar greys out in the same way it does when you are mounted in an arena.
-Completely defeats the purpose of the ability, as your pet is alive, but unable to do anything.
-Not completely reproduceable. Doesn't happen every time, but happens fairly often. No obvious rhyme or reason to the occurance.
-Dismissing and resummoning the pet solves the issue
Heart of the Pheonix is not working very well.
- When a pet is resurrected by heart of the pheonix it returns to life in the location where it died and resumes doing what it was doing before it died. Despite the tooltip, the pet returns to life with a tiny fraction of its full health, after a few seconds it will pop up to full life. If it takes damage during this interval, it will usually die again.
- Since pets are often killed by pathing problems,"aoe attacks that aren't aoe", or damage return abilities popping back to life in the same spot with 1000 health and resuming attacking very frequently results in an instantly dead pet.
- Easiest example of this problem is Thorim. If you are in the hallway group, and you get to thorim, and jump down into the main room, your pet will often get stuck and stay up where Thorim was. He will then be killed by the damage that happens up there to prevent players from staying aloft. If you use Heart of the Pheonix, he will simply return to life, still be stuck, and instantly die again.
- Rez your pet normally to prevent problems in situations such as this.
- Heart of the Pheonix is not included in the maximum dps spec for pets in pve, you could simply not get the ability.
Master's call does not work if readiness was used to reset it.
- can someone confirm this? I can't seem to reproduce it.
Revive pet with living pet bug.
- When your pet is dismissed and you cast Revive Pet, it will go through the whole cast, then tell you your pet is not dead, but still take your mana.
- Pet has to be dismissed and alive.
- Call your pet.
Master's Call + pathing problems
- In order for master's call to function, you must have LoS on your target, your pet must have LoS on your target, you must have LoS on your pet, and your pet must be within range of your target.
- Pet pathing issues can easily cause this ability to fail, even when it shouldn't. Weird pathing can result in hidden LoS problems, that don't seem to make sense.
- Makes Master's Call feel unreliable (because it is).
- Be aware of where you are, where your pet is, and where your target is.
- Even with outstanding pet management, this will sometimes happen to the best of us. Its a problem inherent to the requirements of the ability.
Roar of Sacrifice autocast randomness
- Roar of Sacrifice, when set on autocast seems to get cast randomly, on random targets, at random times.
- Sometimes the pet will not choose to cast roar at all, even though you are being ripped apart.
- Sometimes the pet will decide to cast roar at the drop of a hat on anyone in your party who takes damage.
- Take Roar off autocast, keybind it. Think about when to use it. Use it at appropriate times. Remember its a pet ability, so you can cast it even while stunned, although the pet needs to not be, and requires line of site.
Crab Pin behaves strangely
- Crab will randomly stop casting pin for no reason, well before it should.
- Pin seems to miss or be resisted an inordinate amount of the time, perhaps it is using spellhit.
- need confirmation/evidence for this. Anyone?
- If you give another command to your crab while its pinning something, it will stop, and do that instead. Don't interrupt the crab's pin.
Pet autocast frustration
- Pet abilities that are not placed on the pet bar will automatically revert to auto cast when stabled or upon logging out or upon loading or because the pet feels like it.
- This is infuriating, ruins things like timing rapid fire and call of the wild together, and causes other fun problems like tank pets autocasting cower
Pet bar reset with dual spec
- pet abilities placed on the pet bar will revert upon swapping specs every time.
- combine this bug with the one above to multiply frustration x100
- Disengage will not do anything when stunned or snared at the exact moment of using disengage, however, it will start it's cooldown, even though the spell did nothing.
- Must use disengage at the same time a snare or stun is placed on you.
Deterrence blocks the use of stoneform
- When Deterrence is used the Dwarf Stoneform racial cannot be used.
Deterrence has holes
- Strange things go through deterrence, other than "ranged attacks" and "abilities that cannot be parried"
- Cheap shot is the best example, although I'd like a comprehensive list. little help?
Feign death delay PVE only
- Despite being off the global, feign death often requires you to wait for a full global or more for the aggro drop to take affect.
- This problem is often mistaken for feign getting resisted, since it is not obvious.
- watch your threat on Omen or the default ui and wait for the threat drop to actually happen before you act.
Talent/Glyph related bugs
Marked For Death/Glyph of SS
- Glyph of steady shot has no effect if the hunter has Marked for Death, and hunter's mark is on the target.
- The hunter gets the benefit from the glyph, even if he doesn't have it.
- feel free to use a different glyph
Hunter's mark override
- iiiits back!
- Less powerful versions of Hunter's Mark override and replace more powerful versions (glyphed, talented, etc).
- Try not to replace a more powerful hunter's mark with your own
Entrapment failing to proc, proccing short FIXED
- Entrapment frequently will not proc
- Entrapment only lasts 2 seconds, rather than the listed 4.
There's plenty more. I'm especially unfamiliar with beast and any bugs involving it. Add them below and I'll update the main post.