Keine Neuen was formed on the Mal'ganis server in September of 2007 as a progression guild focused on recruiting a more mature and laid back raiding base. While progression and completion of all raiding content is the ultimate goal of the guild, a tension-free atmosphere is maintained at all times and is just as important to the success of the guild.
While we have a tight core of players who have stuck with the guild throughout BC into WOTLK, we also are very welcoming to new recruits and try our best to acclimate new players in a way that makes them feel welcome and in a way that makes them feel they have found a potential new raiding home in a raiding environment that may not be typical to most raiding guilds. We value players who fit with this guild on a social level as well as on a raiding skill level. We all get along very well with each other; raiding is far more enjoyable when the raid team is able to joke around together, focus together, wipe together, and scream over vent with each other when downing new bosses or completing new achievements.
As a guild that is filled mostly with college students (we have an 18+ policy) and working adults, we do the best with the time we have and this is a major part of our raiding philosophy. For us it's all about quality over quantity. We would rather spend fewer quality hours raiding and meeting our raiding and progression goals rather than subjecting people to countless hours of raiding where everyone constantly AFKs with little focus.
Keine Neuen tries to also maintain a civil, respectful, mature, and bigotry-free environment. We do not tolerate people who help create an antagonistic or negative atmosphere.
We have cleared Ulduar and TotC. We have started and completed some hard modes in Ulduar and Heroic TotGC and are continuing to work on those while preparing for Icecrown. For a list and to see what we have done, here is our list on Guild Ox::
The ideal candidate will read the following and think "That sounds perfect!"
- You are looking for a guild and raiding atmosphere that is the opposite of what one traditionally finds in 'Barrens Chat' and most other guilds.
- Your main interests are PvE progress, the thrill of downing new bosses, seeing new content, completing hard modes, the enjoyment of working as part of a well-oiled raiding machine and the temporary prestige that comes along with advancement. You don't raid just for loot or to gear yourself up for PvP.
- You're planning on being around until you've beaten the current top-tier content in its entirety. You're not here to "see how this raiding thing is" or because you're suddenly bored with Arena. You consider yourself a long-term PvE raider.
- You aren't fickle. We may not go as fast or slow as you'd like or use the "perfect" raid makeup that you envision, and you are OK with this.
- You realize that learning a boss encounter will involve learning and wiping.
- You read up on encounters beforehand and enjoy going over strategy in advance.
- Your gem choices and talent choices reflect your dedication to raid progression.
- You're able to show up on time and stay for the whole raid.
- You have excellent knowledge of your class and desired raid role.
- You are attentive, situationally aware, and have good reaction time. This means you know how to move out of AoEs, switch targets fast, not explode in the raid, etc.
- You really enjoy your class and desired raid role. For example, if you're a healer, you love to heal, and you are sure this is not going to change.
- You're able to follow instructions.
- You're willing to take constructive criticism (not abuse. We don't do abuse). You're also willing to try to learn from your mistakes.
- You're able to use Ventrilo. You don't have to talk, only be able to hear.
- You've got a decent computer and stable Internet connection.
Class Specific Notes:
Our class needs are based on what we would idealistically love to add at this current time and not because we are lacking completely in these classes.
We run a tight ship in terms of making sure each member of each class gets a fair shot at raiding time. This means that we do not invite our members to our raids randomly, have a great sign-up system in place and have people in charge of class rotations within each class/class role. As a guild that is focused on communication and running things smoothly, everyone is very open with communicating and this helps this system work as well as it has worked for almost 2 years now. This means you may (emphasis on may) sit out at times or get rotated with your other class/class role members. This shouldn't be a foreign concept for you.
Our recruitment is currently open for (in order of priority) (Updated: 12/3/09): :
- A Capable and Reliable Off-Tank (Prefer: Paladin, Druid or DK)
- Healers!! We love all healers and have 2 current raid spots open for healers on our roster. We would prefer Paladins, Druids and/or Shamans but feel free to apply even if you are not one of those healing types!
- An Enhancement Shaman and/or an Elemental Shaman.
- A Warlock.
- A Hunter.
- A Ret Paladin.
- A Rogue.
- A DPS Death Knight.
If you think this would be a great guild for you and you meet our criteria after reading our site, feel free to apply. We want to add more solid players to our already existing roster.
We spend four nights a week on progression content in 25 man raids. These are our raid times:
- Monday-Thursday 8PM-11PM Server Time (CST)
[U]How To Apply:
We strongly suggest that if anyone is interested in finding out more about Keine Neuen, they read through the Keine Neuen website. Instructions for how to apply to Keine Neuen can be found in Keine Neuen's Recruitment Forum.