We successfully downed Rotface this week and I will make attempts to update this post with the valuable points from this thread.
- The little oozes have a 'fixate' on whoever drops them - this means everyone who gets the Mutated Infection debuff is 'responsible' for making sure their ooze merges properly, kiting their small ooze if needed.
- The little oozes are snarable (Chains of Ice) and possibly rootable but are NOT tauntable - see fixate above.
- You can have multipe large oozes at one time - avoiding mulitple large oozes is one of the keys to fight
- There is no 'hard' enrage. Rotface casts Mutated Infection starting every 12 seconds and ramping up to every ~6 seconds, regardless of health. For this reason, it is recommended to bloodlust at the start of the fight. The goal is to shorten the total fight length.
- Paladins and DKs seem to be the optimal kite tanks. Paladins have range snap agro (avenger's shield, judegement) and can control the cleanse, which can be very useful. DKs also have decent ranged threat (D&D, DC, IT) and can freely run through the slime while kiting through AMS/IBF usage.
- The kiting tank should avoid kiting the large ooze anywhere near the raid. Try to keep it on the outside of the room.
- The kiting tank should not be afraid to run through the large quandrant slime. It's better to heal that damage on a tank than to kite the large ooze near the raid.
- The kiting tank should never be meleed by the large ooze. It is the people with the little slime's job to properly kite their little slimes to merge with the big slime.
- As the Rotface begins casting mutated infection more rapidly, it is everyone's job to be aware and properly drop their oozes - avoid tunnel vision dps when Rotface is at 20% - properly positioning the little oozes is still the priority for everyone.
- Unstable Ooze Explosion - the mechanic is straightforward. The big ooze begins casting (~1.5-2 cast) and the missiles don't target anyone until after the cast is finished. Have your kiting tank call out when the casting ends for people to run away from Rotface and let the missiles land.