This topic is used only for gearing issues. For healing strategies, glyphs, and other druid questions see http://elitistjerks....ral_discussion/. Keep that topic free from itemization questions as well as they belong to this thread. For short and simple questions see http://elitistjerks....simple_answers/.
Failing to post in the correct thread will lead to an infraction!
Spellpower is our most important stat. It increases the healing of each spell differently. The talents that affect the coefficent for each spell work as follows:
- Gift of Nature and Genesis stack additively. They increase HoTs by 15% (1.15 coefficient) instead of 10% and 5% seperately (1.155 coefficient). They also stack additively with improved Rejuvenation (making the coefficient for this spell 1.3).
- Empowered Rejuvenation affects both the final Lifebloom tick as the initial Regrowth heal. Genesis does not affect these.
- Master Shapeshifter, Tree of Life aura and Gift of Nature with Genesis are all multiplicative. This means: spellpower * 1.15 (GoN + Genesis) * 1.06 (ToL aura) * 1.04 (Master Shapeshifter).
- Wild Growth's extra bonus healing is divided equally over the ticks, in contrast to the base healing which heals less each tick.
[TABLE]SPELL______________|NO TALENTS____|FULL TALENTS___
Lifebloom HoT|0.666 [0.095]|1.013 [0.145]
Lifebloom Bloom |0.516|0.751
Rejuvenation|1.88 [0.376] |3.233 [0.647]
Regrowth HoT|1.316 [0.188]|2.002 [0.286]
Nourish w/o HoT|0.671|1.056
Nourish with HoT|0.806|1.267
Wild Growth|n/a|1.225 [0.175][/TABLE]
Haste rating is the second most important stat for resto druids. Since 3.3 we need a lot more haste in order to get to a 1 second global cooldown, which next to spellpower is the only way to increase our throughput with HoTs (not counting 4T9).
32.79 haste rating increases your haste by 1%. Paladin aura and Moonkin aura do not stack; both give 3% additional haste. Wrath of Air totem provides an additional 5% haste. Here is a list of the amount of haste rating you need with 5/5 GotEM in order to obtain a 1 second global cooldown:
[TABLE]BUFFS______________|HASTE PERC___|HASTE RATING___
No buffs|36.36 %|1193
Aura only|32.39 %|1063
WoA only|29.87 %|980
WoA + aura only|26.09 %|856
CF only|32.39 %|1063
CF + aura only|28.54 % |936
CF + WoA only|26.09 % |856
CF + WoA + aura|22.42 %|735[/TABLE]
Thanks to uliko, itecho84 and Zoltair's post for finding the mechanics. Thanks to cuddlekin for finding the numbers for 3.3. See his post for a more elaborate list of haste numbers (includes partial GotEM talents).
Critical strike rating
Critical strike rating is a very poor stat for resto druid, unless you are using 4T9.
45.91 critical strike rating increases your chance your spells critically hit by 1%.
Mana Regeneration stats
Mana regeneration stats are not very important for a restoration druid as each type of gear already contains a good amount of intellect, spirit and/or mp5. Spirit also gives spellpower through the improved ToL talent. Because of this, the spirit items are often better than their mp5 equivalents of the same itemlevel.
The mana regeneration formula on level 80 is: ManaRegen(SPI, INT) = (0.001+SPI*0.003345*(INT^0.5))*5
1 intellect provides the following:
- 1 intellect increases mana pool with 15 mana. On a typical 8 minute fight with Kings and IMotW this can be converted to 0.175 mp5
- Assuming 1400 intellect and 1400 spirit, 1 intellect increases your main mana regeneration with 0.351 mp5 out of the five second rule or 0.176 mp5 in the five second rule (with Kings, IMotW and Intensity).
- Since Replenish works off the size of your mana pool, 16.83 (Kings and IMotW) extra mana means 0.210 mp5 more through Replenishment.
- 1 intellect also increases the chance you critically hit with spells by 0.00676% (this is with Kings and IMotW).
1 spirit provides the following (assuming Living Spirit, Intensity, Kings and Improved Mark of the Wild):
- Assuming 1400 intellect and 1400 spirit, 1 spirit increases your main mana regeneration with 0.807 mp5 out of the five second rule or 0.404 mp5 in the five second rule.
- If you have improved Tree of Life, 1 spirit also increases your spellpower with 0.194.
Druid gearing in a nutshell:
- Aim for as much spellpower as possible
- Try to get haste cap by using haste pieces instead of crit pieces
- Spirit-based items are often better than mp5-based items
- If you need mana, socket for bonus and/or use Insightful meta. Also swapping trinkets is a flexible way to get more mana. Other ways to gear for mana is bad.
Some consensus that has been reached so far:
- 4T9: Still good, but its power is based on your crit chance. To get more crit, you usually have to give up haste, which we need more of since patch 3.3.
- Trauma: initial logs show proc can do up to 10% of total effective healing.
The tier 10 4-set bonus
The tier 10 4-set bonus has a chance to proc a new Rejuvenation on each Rejuvenation tick. Thanks to Shelendil, Xasthur, ttyl, Drane and sheaebay for testing this set bonus, we now know the following:
- It can proc off a procced Rejuvenation
- A 'normal' Rejuvenation will not overwrite a procced Rejuvenation
- It will pick the target with lowest health that does not already have a Rejuvenation of the caster on him/her
- The range is 40 yards from the caster, not the player who has the Rejuvenation
- It can only proc on ticks, not on application
- It can be Swiftmended
- It shows on Grid
- It is affected by all talents and glyphs that affect Rejuvenation.
- Head: Arcanum of Blissful Mending or Arcanum of Burning Mysteries for 4T9.
- Shoulders: Greater Inscription of the Crag or Greater Inscription of the Storm for 4T9
- Back: Greater Speed
- Bracers: Superior Spellpower
- Hands: Exceptional Spellpower
- Legs: Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots: Tuskarr's Vitality
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower / Enchant Staff - Greater Spellpower
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby is top choice
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone (only if you want more mana)
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine (only if you need to reach the haste cap)
- Meta: Ember Skyflare Diamond or Insightful Earthsiege Diamond if you want extra mana