<Pacifist> has existed on KT essentially since release and through all of Vanilla and most of TBC we were the dominant PvE guild on the server. Towards the end of TBC quite a few of the core members were burning out and the guild as a raiding organization was finished, though a lot of the members stuck around on the forums and in WoW on other servers playing casually together. Around the end of Ulduar a few people started moving back to KT which snowballed into the 12-15 people we have actively playing here today, primarily composed of people who have been in the guild since Vanilla.
We are actively focusing on 10 man content since we find it more enjoyable and less of a headache than running a full-on 25 man progression guild. Still, we want to approach this tier of raiding with the enthusiasm and efficiency of 'hardcore' guild and plan on pounding out hard modes quickly after entering Icecrown - we've completed each meta achievement in ICC as we go, and in the spare time each week we're still doing a ToGC Insanity clear.
We also have a number of Gladiator-level PvPers in the guild who are always looking to get mad at video games while playing arena or battlegrounds. If you have an interest in PvP that's a plus and certainly a good way to get to know more of our members.
Our Current Recruiting Needs:
We are currently looking for 1 Ranged DPS, preferably a Warlock or Hunter to replace our #2-3 DPS who had to suddenly quit. We need someone to come in and plow the meters, not die to stupid crap and be ready for heroic modes in the coming weeks.
* Experience: A fair number of people currently playing spent some time in top 20 worldwide-level guilds after Pacifist as a raiding guild came to an end in TBC. We aren't necessarily looking for that level of experience, but some amount of progression or 'hard mode'-level play in the past is definitely something we're interested in hearing about.
* Gear: Gearing up in this game is simply a matter of effort spent at this point, given the amount and quality of the badge purchase-able gear now. This is especially important as we are primarily looking for healers and the majority of difficulty in the game today is placed on the ability of the healers to keep everyone alive.
* Ability: This should go without saying, but we are looking for high-quality players. Know your class inside and out - if your talent spec/gem choices/rotation are unorthodox please say why and be prepared to defend your choices. We are focused on 10 man content but the spreadsheets and simulators are just as valid at this level and you are expected to play at a high level.
* Efficiency: Some of the biggest annoyances to me while raiding are players who constantly AFK or wait until everyone else is ready to go to throw out their buffs/drink/etc. This will become a lot more important in Icecrown with the return of a real zone with trash and distance to cover - efficiency comes from not only playing well on the bosses but clearing to them quickly.
* Reliability: Very simply, we are looking for people who will show up to scheduled raids consistently. While we finish a second set of drakes in Ulduar our raiding is 4 or so nights a week of about 2 hours a night - when we get into Icecrown and work on hard modes I expect we'll be about the same. Our expectation is that you're applying because of a strong interest in the game and in completing/farming content and will try to make as many raids as possible - and when you're unable to make it you will let us know ahead of time.
* Adaptability: This is a little nebulous, but covers a lot of things in the experience, ability and efficiency categories above. You need to at a minimum be able to listen to Ventrilo and communicate anything important quickly. This also includes the ability to take criticism constructively and to understand what is happening in an encounter and adapt to it without having to be coddled.
Schedule and Loot System:
Currently we are raiding about 3-4 days a week, primarily because we're finishing another set Ulduar drakes. That being said, we typically raid Tuesday - Thursday from 7 pm server (MST) - 10 pm server (MST). With Icecrown coming and a larger zone we will likely be doing a 4 day a week, 3 hour a night schedule.
Our loot system is currently a simple /random - we may be modifying this to either a quasi-loot council or some kind of DKP-type tracking system in Icecrown. Generally speaking, we've found that in 10 man content it's pretty easy to gear everyone up and as long as the people getting gear continue to show up it doesn't matter much what order people get the items in.
How To Apply:
Please use the template found in our recruiting forum and either put a new post up with the information filled in or PM it to either myself (Spheric) or Nexous on the boards. We will get back to you quickly - we have a fairly good idea of what we're looking for, so please don't take it personally if you receive a quick 'Not interested'. That doesn't mean 'we will never be interested', it simply means we don't feel the application meets our current needs.
If we are interested we will give you an invite to the guild and bring you along to whatever our raids coming up will be. During this "trial" period we will evaluate your play and give you any feedback we have - this period most likely will last ~ 2 weeks, but if you fit in right away can be a lot shorter. However, during this period you will be on very thin ice; not showing up to raids/fucking around/playing badly will see a fairly swift gkick. We aren't looking for temporary fixes, we want people interested in joining our 5+ year community of players.
[Alliance][Kel'Thuzad]<Pacifist> Looking for a Ranged DPS (Lock or Hunter Pref) 10m
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users