With Dragon Soul underway, we have opened recruitment for all classes and roles. If you're talented, experienced, and interested in joining us please submit an application.
However, we're still specifically looking for the following roles in order of priority:
Needs - As of 12/15/2011
- Priest - Shadow
- Shaman - Elemental
- Death Knight - DPS with Capable Blood Off-spec
- Paladin - Retribution with Capable Protection Off-spec
- Shaman - Restoration
- Any other exceptional players.
- A Brief History -
Giant Censored Robots is one of the oldest guilds on Mal'Ganis, the top PVP realm in the game. We have been around in one form or another for a very long time. Originally created by members of the Shacknews website during the classic World of Warcraft beta, GCR has since expanded into a thriving community of players from all over. We take the reputation of our guild very seriously and hope that our members do too. Everyone is held to the same standard, regardless of rank - to always act courteously and respectfully towards guild-mates and anyone else that they meet; in-game, on forums, wherever. Throughout the years, we've had our ups and downs, our successful tiers and our not-so-successful tiers, but one thing is for certain - we will always be here fighting until the very end.
For more information, visit our GCR Member's Handbook which contains detailed descriptions of our policies, procedures and standards.
Raid Team Accomplishments
World of Warcraft
- Molten Core > Blackwing Lair > Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (Prophet Skeram to Princess Huhuran) > Naxxramas (Instructor Razuvious, Anub'Rekhan)
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
- Serpentshrine Cavern > The Eye > Hyjal Summit > Black Temple > Sunwell
- [H] 3rd - Kalecgos
- [H] 3rd - Brutallus
World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King
- Naxxramas > Obsidian Dragonshrine (3D) > The Eye of Eternity > Ulduar (Hard Modes) > ToGC > Icecrown Citadel (11/12 Heroic) > Ruby Sanctum
- [H] 5th (World 287th) - Tribute to Insanity
- 10 and 25m Meta Achievements for Naxxramas, Ulduar, and ICC
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- Bastion of Twilight - HM Halfus, Valiona & Theralion
- Throne of the Four Winds - HM Conclave of the Four Winds
- Blackwing Descent - HM Chimaeron, HM Maloriak, HM Atramedes, HM Magmaw, HM Omnotron
- Firelands - Glory of the Firelands Raider - HM Shannox, HM Rhyolith, HM Beth'tilac, HM Alysrazor, HM Baeleroc, HM Major Domo Staghelm
- Dragon Soul - Morchok, Warlord Zon'ozz, Yor'saj the Unsleeping, Hagara the Stormbinder, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn, Spine/Madness of Deathwing
- GCR Wants You -
With the start of Cataclysm comes another fresh start for GCR, and we're looking for a few members to bolster our roster for raiding in the new expansion. We might not get World or Server Firsts, but our goal for Cataclysm is to maintain a top-five position on Mal'Ganis for 25m Heroic-Mode progression.
We expect our Raiders to have fully mastered their class and be well-versed in their role in a raid setting. We're looking for great players who maintain a serious approach to raiding and take pride in being competitive and pushing through hard content.
Raid morale is an important part of a successful raid group. Things don't always go as intended, and we need quality Raiders with patience and persistence. People who are willing to play through any potential issues, not just give up when things aren't going their way. We want players who show up and perform for the good of the raid team, and have fun playing together.
Tuesday - 8:30 - 11:00pm CST
Wednesday - 8:30 - 11:00pm CST
Thursday - 8:30 - 11:00pm CST
The first round of raid invites are sent out around 7:45pm. Depending on how progression is going, we will sometimes go slightly later than 11:00pm; but no later than 11:30pm, except under special circumstances (like finishing a legendary).
- You don't have to have 100% attendance, but you must be 100% reliable.
- Communicate your availability and show up, once you've made the commitment.
- You must speak and act with courtesy and respect toward other members and respect their time.
- Know when to be serious and when to joke around. It's okay to have fun while you play, but it's of the utmost importance to pay attention, clear vent and perform during an encounter.
- You must play to the best of your ability at all times. This not only includes ranking high on the DPS/healing meters, but also maintaining high survivability and being able to adapt to whatever a boss may throw at us.
- You must be willing to obtain pre-fight knowledge of boss encounters. The best way to make sure that you understand all of the mechanics involved in a fight is the ability to fully explain the encounter to another player.
- You must be able to take constructive criticism.
- You are expected to buff your character with the best available materials in-game.
- The ability to fulfill multiple roles is a bonus.
- How to Enlist -
Anyone interested in a Raid (or PVP) Trial must submit a written application on our forums. After reviewing the written application, a designated Role Officer may schedule and conduct a Ventrilo interview. If offered membership, the new recruit will be subject to a (minimum) two week Trial period. Trial raiders are expected to maintain near perfect availability during that time, and are evaluated both in and out of raids. After two weeks of active participation, the Trial will be given a final evaluation by the Role Officers (or the PVP Team Leader).
While GCR has a very diverse community, we ask that all players applying for a raid spot are 18 years of age or older.
Questions, comments or concerns?
Please send a PM in-game or on our forums to: Shinarou (GM/Melee Officer), Jedcown (Melee Officer/Raid Leader), Shagster (Ranged Officer), Vaeta (Healing Officer).