• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:51 AM

If I remember Tseric's post from awhile back he said, "People would be well into their Tier5 before acquiring their 3rd crafted weapon". This led me to believe that they would be dropping in Tempest Keep. Pretty interesting you got them off random trash in SS. Interesting to see how this pans out.

Considering TK25 & SSC are both T5 zones, and you need about '20' vortex of a rare drop rate per person to upgrade, His statement remains valid and its not really interesting at all.

#22 PsiVen

PsiVen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:28 AM

Given that Magtheridon was intended to be defeated long before he was, I very much doubt that SSC->TK was intended to be linear progression, no matter how ill-conceived that notion was. So if you assume that the droprate is reasonably high when farming the equivalent of half of the T5 content available, Tseric's estimation is right on the money.

Going into TBC, I figured that Primal Nethers would be a neat way to make sure Smiths were making money by crafting items for people. So far, it's only proven to be an efficient way of preventing items from getting made until someone who isn't lazy or trying to craft their own T2 item gets the plans you need.
I see the situation with Nether Vortex turning out quite differently. Obviously we can do little more than speculate at this point, but given the LW patterns on Thottbot I think it's safe to assume that there will be a wide variety of premium items being sold by guild banks to the masses, if and when they become available in greater quantities.

#23 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

TBH one aspect about this I feel is... 'good' provided theres BoEs to be sold:
Guild Banks - since TBC I've honestly found next to no way to readily make cash from a guilds perspective. It was always nice being able to help dampen the consumable cost on the guild by being able to provide contributions, or being able to constantly provide flasks for tanks and such. Its nice that theres no huge need for them ala token drops and silly things... but still :<

I just wonder what happened to our random blues/greens on final raid bosses!

#24 Hav-

Hav-

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

TBH one aspect about this I feel is... 'good' provided theres BoEs to be sold:
Guild Banks - since TBC I've honestly found next to no way to readily make cash from a guilds perspective. It was always nice being able to help dampen the consumable cost on the guild by being able to provide contributions, or being able to constantly provide flasks for tanks and such. Its nice that theres no huge need for them ala token drops and silly things... but still :<

I just wonder what happened to our random blues/greens on final raid bosses!

We've been killing ORB's. The four dragons drop 170-200g each, so does Onyxia (3-4 runs with mains and alts), Azu drops about the same. So, we get "some" money at least. I think quick scheduled BWL runs could bring in tons of gold as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users