• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 moowalk

moowalk

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:08 AM

I used a mod in wow 1.0 that showed heals being cast on your target. It required everyone in the raid to have it installed and was broken in one of the later patches. I can't recall what it was called however

Is there an updated working version?

#2 Maestroquark

Maestroquark

What Would You Have Me Do?

• Members
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

Forecast?

#3 Farstrider

Farstrider

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

Perl allows you to see who each of the people in your party are casting heals on, if that helps at all.

Personally I only discovered it about a week ago, and I've been quite pathetically chuffed with it.

#4 Dralmoo

Dralmoo

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

which version of perl does that? X-Perl? Perl classic? I can't keep them straight :P

#5 Farstrider

Farstrider

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

which version of perl does that? X-Perl? Perl classic? I can't keep them straight :P

Curse you for making me log on on my boozing night to check :aaa: but it's X-perl. Having never used unit frames apart from CTraid until last week, it makes me a very happy bunny. :dance:

#6 Nite_Moogle

Nite_Moogle

I prefer the term treasure hunting

• Allied Members
  • 11,288 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:20 PM

Perl classic allows you to do that as well with the ArcaneBar plug-in.

#7 moowalk

moowalk

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Forecast?

That's it, thanks

#8 Pater

Pater

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

Healers Assist did a version of this. Allowed you to see the target (and expected heal value) of every heal currently being cast.

#9 Flechette

Flechette

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

I hate bumping ancient threads but I figure it's at least somewhat better than making a new thread... is there a currently functioning addon that does this? I rely on lifeblood oftentimes to prevent my death and this being on a cooldown means wasting it right before I get a heal really annoying. I can't just Focus the healer because being DPS I need to focus the tank in order to keep myself sane while acquiring targets.

Any help on this one?

#10 ShadowEric

ShadowEric

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

Several unitframe addons now support this via LibHealComm. Pitbull, X-Perl, Grid for example. There's also VisualHeal if you don't want to replace your unitframes.

All these are available at the usual sites.

#11 Flechette

Flechette

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Alright, thanks, looks like VisualHeal will be perfect.

EDIT: Will update after I mess with it a bit.
EDIT2: Functions as intended. Thanks for the tip. Link for those interested: VisualHeal - Addons - Curse

#12 robot7290

robot7290

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

I know you didn't specifically mention a raid frames addon, but from personal experience I use Vuhdo to monitor incoming heals, and it works well. It tracks them quite nicely, and it shows them in a simple, efficient way (a shaded bar extending from the right of a depleted healthbar).

#13 Dasr

Dasr

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

One thing I really like about VisualHeal is that other healers do not need to have it in order for you to see incoming heals from them, it also sync's up with Xperl very well.
Good healers keep people alive that are taking damage.

Resto druids heal them before they take damage and do the other healers job for them.

#14 Veight

Veight

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

There are quite a few addons that display that type of information. You mainly have to look for addons that use "LibHealComm"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users