Beta Testers: There's a lot going on in Beta, and it's constantly in flux. Any new information, small or large, that relates to Enhancement Shamans is welcome.
--Mouse-overs show old versions of abilities, clicking on the link will take you to the cataclysm version. Where necessary, supplementary text has been added for clarification (highest rank only).
Primary Skills (Learned at Level 10 when Enhancement specialization is chosen):
- Dual Wield -- Now also allows you to parry.
- Mental Quickness -- Increased to 50% AP to SP (up from 30%). Now reduces the mana cost of your instant spells by 75%
- Dual Wield Specialization
- Lava Lash -- You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 150% off-hand Weapon damage. Damage is increased by 40% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue.
- Primal Wisdom -- Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your base mana.
Current Cataclysm Talent Calculator
- Focused Strikes -- Increases the damage dealt by your Primal Strike and Stormstrike abilities by 45%.
- Ancestral Swiftness -- Reduces the cast time of your Ghost Wolf spell by 2 sec and increases movement speed by 15%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
- Primal Wisdom -- Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your base mana.
- Searing Flames -- Causes the Searing Bolts from your Searing Totem to have a 100% chance to set their targets aflame, dealing damage equal to the Searing Bolt's impact damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Improved Lava Lash -- Increases the damage of your Lava Lash ability by 30%, and by an additional 20% for each of your applications of Searing Flames on the target, consuming those applications in the process. (Now 2 points, down from 3)
- Acuity -- Increases your critical strike chance with all spells and attacks by 3%. (Replaced Ancestral Knowledge. Elemental Talent)
- Totemic Reach -- Increases the radius of your totems' effects by 15/30%.
Changed/Removed Talents (Changes listed in Green. Removals listed in Red.):
- Ancestral Knowledge -- Removed.
- Elemental Fury -- Now restricted to Elemental only. Effectively removed for Enhancement.
- Concussion -- Max rank up to 6% (from 5%.)
- Convection -- Now Reduces the mana cost of your damaging offensive spells. (Old: Shock, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lava Burst, and Wind Shear).
- Call of Flame -- Max rank up to 20%/10% (from 15%/6%).
- Elemental Precision -- Now also increases hit rating by 100% of your spirit. Moved up the tree and is accessible for Enhancement.
- Elemental Warding -- Now reduces magical damage instead of all damage.
- Enhancing Totems -- Removed. All buffs exclusive with SoE now give equal benefit.
- Earth's Grasp -- Removed.
- Elemental Devestation -- Now a Tier 2 Enhancement Talent.
- Guardian Totems -- Removed.
- Thundering STrikes -- Removed.
- Improved Ghost Wolf -- Removed.
- Shamanistic Focus -- Removed.
- Anticipation -- Removed.
- Improved Windfury Totem -- Removed.
- Spirit Weapons -- Removed.
- Mental Dexterity -- Removed.
- Weapon Mastery -- Removed.
- Dual Wield -- Removed, now a primary skill.
- Dual Wield Specialization -- Removed, now a primary skill.
- Stormstrike -- Increased to 125% weapon damage (from 100%). Debuff duration increased to 15 sec (from 12). Now increases your chance to critical strike the enemy with Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield and Earth Shock spells by 25% instead of increasing nature damage by 20% on the target. No longer applies charges.
- Improved Stormstrike -- Removed.
- Lava Lash -- Removed, now a primary skill.
- Static Shock -- now procs from Primal Strike, Stormstrike, or Lava Lash (Old - All melee attacks and abilities). Chance to proc increased from 2/4/6% to 15/30/45%. Procs do not consume orb charges.
- Shamanistic Rage -- No longer returns mana. Now causes your skills, totems, and offensive spells to consume no mana for 15 sec.
- Mental Quickness -- Removed, now a primary skill.
- Earthen Power -- No longer increases the attack speed reduction of Earth Shock. Now rolled into base ability
- Maelstrom Weapon -- Maelstrom Weapon now also reduces the mana cost of the spell.
- Unleashed Rage -- Max Rank down to 8 expertise (from 9).
- Feral Spirit -- Now lasts 30 sec (down from 45). Cooldown changed to 2 min (down from 3).
- Unleash Elements -- Focuses the elemental force imbued in the Shaman's weaponry, with the concentrated effects depending on the enchantment unleashed.
-Windfury - Unleashing this enchantment deals 125% of weapon damage to the target enemy and increases the Shaman's melee attack speed by 40%. Lasts 6 swings or 12 seconds.
-Flametongue - Unleashing this enchantment deals 1022.97 to 1213.03 Fire damage to an enemy target and increases the damage dealt by the Shaman's next Fire spell by 20%.
-Rockbiter - Unleashing this enchantment forces the target enemy to attack you for 5 sec.
-Frostbrand - Unleash Weapon : Unleashing this enchantment deals 807.43 to 938.37 Frost damage to a target enemy and reduces their movement speed by 50% for 5 sec. Increased in effectiveness if the target is already afflicted by a movement-reducing Frost effect.
- Bind Elemental -- Binds the target hostile elemental for up to 50 sec. The bound unit is unable to move, attack or cast spells. Any damage caused will release the target. Only one target can be bound at a time.
- Spiritwalker's Grace -- Calls upon spiritual guidance, permitting movement while casting non-instant Shaman spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells. Lasts 10 sec.
Changed/Removed Abilities (Changes listed in Green. Removals listed in Red.):
- Rockbiter Weapon -- Imbue the Shaman's weapon with the fury of the earth, increasing all threat generation by 30% and reducing damage taken by 5%.
- Windfury Totem -- Now increases the melee and ranged attack speed of all party and raid members within 40 yards by 10% (Down from 20%).
- Ghost Wolf -- Now Usable Indoors. Speed reduced from 40% to 30%
- Strength of Earth Totem -- Improved SoE rolled into base ability
- Earth Shock -- Attack seed reduction up to 20% from 10%. Now also reduces ranged attack speed.
- Cleanse Spirit -- Removes curses only, no longer resto specific
- Cure Toxins -- Removed.
- Cleansing Totem -- Removed.
- Lava Lash -- Damage increased to 150% weapon damage (from 100%) and to 40% bonus damage from flametongue weapon(from 25%).
- Fire Nova -- Now only usable with Fire Elemental, Flametongue or Magma totems.
- Hex -- Duration increased to 1 min (up from 30 sec).
- Searing Totem -- Now prefers to target enemies that are afflicted by your Flame Shock or Stormstrike effects.
- Lava Burst -- Damage has been increased by 25%.
- Magma Totem -- Now costs 18% of base mana, down from 27%.
- Stoneclaw Totem -- Deal and absorb effect reduced by 50%. Now has 6186 health (from 797). Shields your totems for up to 4143 damage (from 664).
- Chain Lightning -- Now has a 3 sec cooldown (down from 6 sec).
- Windfury Weapon -- Now deals damage equal to two extra attacks with 4430 extra attack power (Up from 1395 Attack Power).
- Flametongue Weapon -- Now increases total spell damage by 750, up from 235.
- Lightning Shield -- Can now crit.
- Increases all elemental damage done by 20%. Damage increased further by mastery rating.
The mastery bonuses will be trainable passive bonuses somewhere around level 75. Each talent specialization will have a different Mastery available on the trainer with a base potency with 0 Mastery Rating. The character sheet interface will have additional information on the additional potency gained from Mastery Rating.
Other specializations that have pets, but whose pets do not benefit from Mastery, will have their Masteries balanced accordingly, taking into account that pets will not benefit from them.
With the talent tree redesign, all the Masteries need to be re-implemented, and, in some cases, redesigned. This will require at least a couple of weeks before they will be available on beta.
Glyphs (New description in Green. Old description in Red):
- Glyph of Fire Nova -- Increases the radius of your Fire Nova spell by 5 yards. (Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Nova spell by 3 seconds.)
- Glyph of Ghost Wolf -- Your Ghost Wolf form grants an additional 10% 5% movement speed.
- Glyph of Healing Stream Totem -- Your Healing Stream Totem also increases the Fire, Frost, and Nature resistance of party and raid members within 30 yards by 150. (Your Healing Stream Totem heals for an additional 20%.)
- Glyph of Hex -- Reduces the cooldown of your Hex spell by 15 sec. (Increases the damage your Hex target can take before the Hex effect is removed by 20%.)
- Glyph of Lava Burst -- Your Lava Burst spell deals 10% more damage. (Your Lava Burst spell gains an additional 10% of your spellpower.)
- Glyph of Totemic Recall -- Causes your Totemic Recall ability to return an additional 50% of the mana cost of any recalled totems.
- Glyph of Lightning Shield -- Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers.
- Glyph of Grounding Totem -- When your Grounding Totem absorbs a spell, it attempts to reflect that spell on its caster, but the cooldown of your Grounding Totem is increased by 45 sec.
- Glyph of Arctic Wolf -- Alters the appearance of your Ghost Wolf transformation, causing it to resemble an arctic wolf.
- Glyph of Shamanistic Rage -- Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable Magic debuffs.
- Glyph of Water Shield -- Increases the passive mana regeneration of your Water Shield spell by 50%. (Up from 30%)
- Glyph of Stormstrike -- Now Additional 8% crit for nature spells. (changed from 8% damage).
- Maelstrom Weapon will include Lava Burst
- Complete List of Shaman Abilities
- All classes items in the relic slot now have stats.
Item - Shaman T11 Enhancement 2P Bonus - Increases damage done by your Lava Lash and Stormstrike abilities by 10%.
Item - Shaman T11 Enhancment 4P Bonus - Increases the critical strike chance of your Lightning Bolt spell by 10%.
Cataclysm-level relics can be used by any paladin, shaman, druid or DK, though there may still be some class-specific ones from time to time.
Yes, once high-level Enhancement shaman have all their abilities and are using them in sequence, Primal Wisdom will be required to sustain a rotation. Weâ€™d like to let shaman use Shamanistic Rage for survival or emergency situations, rather than assuming rotational use for mana.
Feral Spirit should scale like all pets. (It doesn't yet). Losing Parry was a consequence of losing Spirit Weapons, but we'll give it back somewhere.
Spells like Lava Burst and shocks will always be a big part of Enhancementâ€™s damage, but yes, weâ€™d like weapon attacks like Stormstrike and Lava Lash to be a larger part of Enhancement Shamansâ€™ damage in Cataclysm. N.B.: Mental Quickness is getting a boost to help compensate for the loss of Elemental Fury.
To Be Added:
- PvE spec/rotation section
- Add healing spells (we are hybrids after all).
--7/15/10 initial post
--7/16/10 added @beta testers. To Be Added section. Testing Needed section. Mastery fixed. Re-did talents/abilties sections.
--7/19/10 added Q&A info ("Mastry" and "Other Info" sections).
--7/21/10 changed talents link
--7/22/10 updated for new build
--7/23/10 updated for new build
--8/10/10 updated for 2 or 3 new builds (sorry about the lapse)
--9/21/10 updated for a lot of backed up data (again, sorry, moving). Added "Glyphs" section. New info in: Other Information, Talents, Abilities
--9/22/10 fixed GW glyph and incorrect Acuity value
--9/23/10 Updated for latest build
--9/25/10 Updated for MQ change
--11/3/10 Updated for UE - Windfury change
--11/4/10 clarified UE-wind change