Photo

[Enhancement] Cataclysm Beta Changes (updated 11/4/10)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

#341 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

Except that the blue post says that it can't be hotfixed and has to wait for a patch. Also says that they reconsidered the design for all metas that now require more blue then red and are reverting them to their previous requirements.

When quoting something, read it first before commenting.

#342 rdaccord

rdaccord

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Sorry if I missed an update on this but it seems it will definitely target anything with an active shock on it, not sure how it picks its order tho. I spent a while cleaning up my quest log yesterday and was frost shocking stuff in EPL at range then dropping the totem off near them to finish 'em off.

If you throw a flame shock/earth shock at something as you run in THEN drop it will definitely target as you intend

This is definatly the case. Played around in icc last night and verified above. As long as there is a shock already up on the target then it would always pick up the targeting. i guess the best thing to do when starting an encounter is as you close the distance fs as soon as your in range, hop back in GW till you get to mele then as you geto into mele range drop totems and start the rotation.

#343 nxg

nxg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:28 AM

Except that the blue post says that it can't be hotfixed and has to wait for a patch. Also says that they reconsidered the design for all metas that now require more blue then red and are reverting them to their previous requirements.

When quoting something, read it first before commenting.

That's what I meant to say, things like that usually get "hotfixed" during the time servers are up and running and gets loaded into the cache once the realm restarts. That means if they actually implement it now and your current realm gets restarted for whatever reason, then it's active, I remember changes like that during world events.
Anyway baseline is we most likely won't get it before the next restarts (if the change is in by then).

#344 Falcon213

Falcon213

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:33 AM

That's what I meant to say, things like that usually get "hotfixed" during the time servers are up and running and gets loaded into the cache once the realm restarts. That means if they actually implement it now and your current realm gets restarted for whatever reason, then it's active, I remember changes like that during world events.
Anyway baseline is we most likely won't get it before the next restarts (if the change is in by then).

No, a patch in this case is exactly what it sounds like. In order to alter the tooltip, a client-side patch is required. If the functionality of the meta were to mismatch the tooltip then it would become very confusing for most players.

#345 SentinelBorg

SentinelBorg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

Which actually makes me wonder. Wasn't one of the advantages of the new patcher/downloader system, that they could apply such tooltip changes much faster even without a patch?

I just hope we see that change before or with the Cataclysm release, I want a working Meta while leveling. :(

#346 Taowth

Taowth

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Was anyone able to obtain a Darkmoon Card Hurricane and test its proc on Enhancement before beta closed? The only information I could find using the search function here is a post from early October from a warrior stating some "prelim testing" that apparently showed it having no ICD. Some more solid background on it would be helpful if anyone knows anything (mastery effecting it, etc).

#347 Ashunera

Ashunera

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

http://img193.images...3/1444/dmch.jpg

Here's a screenshot from live showing a much higher damage range than the base 3750 to 6250, damage values multiplied by the amount of benefit I gain from mastery. Unless the tooltip is incorrect, it's probably safe to say that mastery does affect the proc. I have personally tested and seen that nearly every other readily available elemental damage proc receives benefit - Icebreaker, Fiery Weapon and Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom.

I have no solid information on the proc behavior, but what little I've been able to find suggests that it follows basic PPM rules, with a one proc per minute rate and no internal cooldown.

#348 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Locking this thread. All future enhancement shaman discussion should take place in the new Cataclysm discussion thread. With the launching of the new threads, rules will be aggressively enforced as per this announcement:

http://elitistjerks....taclysm_coming/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users