• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Caryna

Caryna

is awesome

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

I've been searching here and on 3-4 WoW addon/interface websites but couldn't find what I was looking for: an addon that tells me how many gems of each color I have currently in my gear.

Does anyone know if such an addon exists? It would be nice for figuring out what gear for what meta-gem I want or what meta gem I could use right now, etc etc...
[10:05:49] <Nat> how do u know if a unicorn is a virgin?

#2 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Hmm, for such addon to work you need a function to get gems currently socketed in item, and i'm sure 99% such function doesn't exist in WoW API.

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#3 Tanoh

Tanoh

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

Hmm, for such addon to work you need a function to get gems currently socketed in item, and i'm sure 99% such function doesn't exist in WoW API.

Hmm.. can't you parse it from the tooltip? Similar to how all durability addons work, they just search for the "Durability: %d / %d" line :>

#4 Caryna

Caryna

is awesome

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

well, if I use siena's Gem Viewer (an AH addon, really nice) and search for meta gems and move the mouse over a meta gem it shows me which criteria I currently fulfill, so it can be done (even if reversed from the bonuses given by the socketed gems). Or is that a normal tooltip functionality? I haven't searched for gems before as it was a pain in the backside w/o this addon ;)
[10:05:49] <Nat> how do u know if a unicorn is a virgin?

#5 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

Hmm.. can't you parse it from the tooltip? Similar to how all durability addons work, they just search for the "Durability: %d / %d" line :>

Yes, that probably would work. Requires storing bonuses of all gems however, and hoping there isn't different gems with same stats :).

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#6 Kalince

Kalince

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

Yes, that probably would work. Requires storing bonuses of all gems however, and hoping there isn't different gems with same stats :).

That shouldn't even matter as at least from what I have seen the stats are tied to a color. If you have any +healing +mana gem it will be 1 red and 1 blue and once you have the colors you don't really care about anything else from the gem.

#7 Celandro

Celandro

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

You can pretty much just parse the tooltip and look for certain stats. For example, if the gem contains STR it counts as 1 red. if the gem contains STA it counts as 1 blue. Im betting the ace item library already does it or could be easily modified to do it.

Would be a good ace mod and probably pretty simple.

#8 chuckg

chuckg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:30 PM

I've figured out a pretty handy way of doing this without having too much overhead everytime your gear swaps in and out and have begun some preliminary code to get this done. Don't expect anything post haste, but "it's coming". I had plans of adding it to the character sheet dropdowns, in with the "defense", "spell", etc type stuff. Any objections with that?

#9 Dakous

Dakous

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

If I may be so bold, may I suggest modifying the helm tooltip to include the information would be the most succint/relevent way to do it?
Everybody is your brother until the rent comes due.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users