• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Esta

Esta

Clowns make me uncomfortable.

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

Yes as it it now on Beta, Achievement turn ins let you pass the GEP cap, unless you have all ready hit it. So the guild should know to only turn in Achievements (if possible) after the daily capp has been reached.

They've either reversed this or they're just contradicting themselves now.

Mumper, Sep 20 : Yes, any xp you earn will count towards the cap, no matter what the source.

Mumper, Oct 4 : Guild experience from achievements does not count towards the daily cap.

#22 Dankz

Dankz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

You missed the 1st post on that thread:

XP earned from guild achievements does not respect the daily cap. In other words, you will still get the xp even if you are capped.
Lead Content Designer

#23 Kuku

Kuku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

You missed the 1st post on that thread:

Unless I'm missing something... today's blue post,

Guild experience from achievements does not count towards the daily cap.

suggests that achievements before hitting the cap should not apply towards the cap at all, which is contrary to what this thread suggests. If that is not how it is currently behaving on the beta, I suggest someone post a bug report about it.

#24 Dankz

Dankz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

Unless I'm missing something... today's blue post,

Suggests that achievements before hitting the cap should not apply towards the cap at all, which is contrary to what this thread suggests. If that is not how it is currently behaving on the beta, I suggest someone post a bug report about it.

It's working as intended, and this thread clearly states:

However Achievements do not respect the daily cap, as you can still get the experience they grant even after the daily limit of 6.2 Million is reached

On another note it seems there is a weekly Cap on Guild rep set @ 9k. Source. At this point it's not clear if this was just implemented in Beta only, or if it's going to make live.

#25 Kuku

Kuku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

It's working as intended, and this thread clearly states:

On another note it seems there is a weekly Cap on Guild rep set @ 9k. Source. At this point it's not clear if this was just implemented in Beta only, or if it's going to make live.

The distinction in question is this one:

However is seem Achievements will ignore the cap as you can still get the experience they grant even after the daily limit of 6.2 Million is reached, but will still count towards it.
Example:A guild gets an achievement early in the day granting 1 Million GEP. They now have a total of 5.2 Million left before they reach the cap. But if they wait until they hit the capp, and then turn in the achievement they still get the 1Million GEP.

The blue post suggests that it should not behave this way. Meaning, an achievement gained early in day should not cause there to be 5.2 million left before reaching the cap -- it should still remain at 6.2 million.

#26 Solarion

Solarion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Is it known whether the Have Group, Will Travel and Mass Resurrection abilities will only work on guildies?

#27 cremor

cremor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

Don't know about Have Group, Will Travel, but there was a blue post saying that Mass Resurrection will work on anyone in the party/raid, but can only be used on a character once every 10 minutes (like Bloodlust debuff).

#28 Bullshot

Bullshot

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

Both will work on non-guildies as well. However, the Have Group, Will Travel perk cannot be used inside instances. You need to use it outside the entrance for the other members to get the summon. Mass Res does put a 10-minute debuff on you but it does get wiped out when you die again.

#29 Danath

Danath

Banned

• Banned
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

I read that Tol Barad Brigade achievement isn't there anymore, although I can't exactly explain why. It sounded fun....

#30 KooZ

KooZ

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

Both will work on non-guildies as well. However, the Have Group, Will Travel perk cannot be used inside instances. You need to use it outside the entrance for the other members to get the summon. Mass Res does put a 10-minute debuff on you but it does get wiped out when you die again.

Cataclysm beta allows us to be summoned inside an instance, even outside of it, when dead or not in that particular guild itself.

#31 Reeshet

Reeshet

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

I'm curious why they would have a debuff on mass resurrection that goes away when you die.

That'd be like having the cooldown on your hearthstone reset every time you left your home inn.

#32 Grigorim

Grigorim

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

I'm curious why they would have a debuff on mass resurrection that goes away when you die.

That'd be like having the cooldown on your hearthstone reset every time you left your home inn.

It does seem useless. One possibility is that they simply reused/renamed the Sated debuff without changing the scripting, so it inherited that behavior unintentionally.

#33 rbbrdckybk

rbbrdckybk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Presumably, it's so classes with abilities that allow them to avoid death during a wipe (vanish, feign, etc) cannot just chain-res the rest of the raid as often as needed. Without a cooldown, having a single hunter in your raid means that nobody should ever have to run back from the graveyard ever again.

Although I'm not sure why that would be a bad thing.

#34 Grigorim

Grigorim

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Presumably, it's so classes with abilities that allow them to avoid death during a wipe (vanish, feign, etc) cannot just chain-res the rest of the raid as often as needed.

The point is that making it removed on death neuters the effect. Bring two people with wipe avoidance and now they can simply swap off so that one of them loses the debuff every time.

My understanding was that the countermeasure was partially to prevent people from skipping trash by running past groups and feigning, then ressing everyone up to their current position beyond any difficult or time consuming trash pulls. But if the debuff disappears when you die, that just means you need two people with vanish/feign to do the same thing, assuming you'd rather skip groups at the cost of repairs.

#35 Douglas

Douglas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

The point is that making it removed on death neuters the effect. Bring two people with wipe avoidance and now they can simply swap off so that one of them loses the debuff every time.

That depends -- when it's used, is the debuff only applied to the people who rez, or is it also applied to anyone alive at the time of the mass resurrection?

Consider a group with a mage and a rogue. Assume the rogue vanishes, the mage goes invisible, and the rest die. The rogue does the mass rez thing. Exactly who gets the debuff?

If the debuff appears on everyone including the mage and the rogue, and the ability to invoke mass rez is greyed out when you have the debuff, then it's not completely neutered. No mass resurrection for a little while, unless you can get a regular resurrection in there somewhere (or a run from the spirit healer, or whatever).

Not being in the beta right now, I cannot run tests relating to this myself, but that's the only scenario I can imagine in which the debuff makes any sense.

#36 Callin

Callin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

Consider a group with a mage and a rogue. Assume the rogue vanishes, the mage goes invisible, and the rest die. The rogue does the mass rez thing. Exactly who gets the debuff?

If the debuff appears on everyone including the mage and the rogue, and the ability to invoke mass rez is greyed out when you have the debuff, then it's not completely neutered. No mass resurrection for a little while, unless you can get a regular resurrection in there somewhere (or a run from the spirit healer, or whatever).

The only problem with that is it is still easy to circumvent. Right before the rogue does the mass rez thing the mage drops raid/logs out and then gets reinvited after the rez goes off.

#37 Duskz

Duskz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

It may be worth noteing on who can initiate actions such as the "Mass Resurection" & "Have Group, Will Travel". Is it only the GM of the guild? If not, can the GM adjust which ranks are allowed to use said function?

Also, another question that came to mind was if these ability had a Guild-Wide CD or if it was Raid based. For instance, if you had two Guild 10-man Raids going on, and Group 1 uses the Mass res, could Group 2 use the mass res seconds later should they need it? Or would the ability be on cooldown for the entire Guild.

#38 Bullshot

Bullshot

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

On the subject of the debuff, the ones getting the debuff are those that received the mass res, not the one casting it. I've used FD + mass res multiple times the past few weeks during the raid content testing phase. Which is why the debuff makes no sense since it gets wiped out once you die again anyway; it probably isn't meant to go away once you die and will hopefully be fixed in the coming builds.

Everyone in the guild has access to all the perks, and it isn't rank-based. Everyone in the guild can mass-res, use the summon perk, use the guild bank perk, the whole lot, even at the same time. There are no restrictions of any kind.

#39 Shadefoot

Shadefoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Given the wording of Mass Resurrection:

Brings all dead party and raid members back to life with 35 health and 35 mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. 64% of base mana, Unlimited range, 10 sec cast

It implies that it can only be performed by characters that use mana, yet there are people on this thread that are saying anyone and everyone can use it (i.e. even Rogues, Warriors and such). Is someone on the Beta able to confirm this one way or the other?

#40 Dankz

Dankz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Given the wording of Mass Resurrection:

It implies that it can only be performed by characters that use mana, yet there are people on this thread that are saying anyone and everyone can use it (i.e. even Rogues, Warriors and such). Is someone on the Beta able to confirm this one way or the other?

It's a old tool tip, everyone with the proper Guild rep can mass rez/summon. OP updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users