90 replies to this topic

#41 Seref

Seref

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I have a couple of questions:

1) On wowhead it says that the Golden King mount is rewarded from the Dungeon Diplomat title, is that a bug?
2) I've heard that soloing old raid content gives guild rep/exp since the "raid" would be 100% guild. Is this true?

Thanks.

#42 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

2) I've heard that soloing old raid content gives guild rep/exp since the "raid" would be 100% guild. Is this true?

Guild raid credit has been explained by Blizzard to work through a minimum number of members within the raid not on a percentage of the raid. If this is happening it will not likely last long as it can really unbalance the leveling scales.

#43 Shaker

Shaker

AUGH CHAMPION TIME

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

When does the daily cap reset?

Also, about how much xp do you get for those common individual / group items? (Killing lvl 75 normal/heroic boss, craft skillups, faction improvements, etc)

Also your chart of guild perks is missing row 1, then all of the perks are offset by a row until you're missing the actual rank 24 perk (everyone's a hero, rank 2).
Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Kurisu's BSG Reference Sheet

#44 JerleMinara

JerleMinara

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:43 PM

Just did an initial test as far as rep.. Caps at about 18k a week, making it 3 weeks to hit exalted with a guild.

#45 Glayde

Glayde

King Hippo

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

How much effort does it take to get to the weekly cap?

#46 JerleMinara

JerleMinara

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

How much effort does it take to get to the weekly cap?

I hit it about hmmm.. 3/5 of the way through Hyjal?

I'd imagine it's a week's worth of dailies. You get about 350 for an average quest + guild perks if applicable.

#47 Dankz

Dankz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

Also your chart of guild perks is missing row 1, then all of the perks are offset by a row until you're missing the actual rank 24 perk (everyone's a hero, rank 2).

Every guild starts @ lvl 1,and there is no Perk for it. If lvl 24 perk is wrong, I need to know what to replace.

I hit it about hmmm.. 3/5 of the way through Hyjal?

I'd imagine it's a week's worth of dailies. You get about 350 for an average quest + guild perks if applicable.

Currently in Beta Rep/Exp gains have been increase for internal testing. I believe actual gains will be 1/4 of that once Cata ships,please correct me if I'm wrong.

#48 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

When does the daily cap reset?

Also, about how much xp do you get for those common individual / group items? (Killing lvl 75 normal/heroic boss, craft skillups, faction improvements, etc)

Daily cap resets same as everything else (eg: daily quests etc) at 3am.

The chart here is correct and matches the current beta, Level 1 has NO perk. It might be an idea to show level 1 with no perk though. Everyone's a hero no longer exists in beta, the relevant page on MMO-Champion is wrong. I've sent a message via the moderator forum to Boubouille.
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#49 ildon

ildon

Collateral Damage

• Members
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

Every guild starts @ lvl 1,and there is no Perk for it. If lvl 24 perk is wrong, I need to know what to replace.

Currently in Beta Rep/Exp gains have been increase for internal testing. I believe actual gains will be 1/4 of that once Cata ships,please correct me if I'm wrong.

FYI, guild advancement rate was set back to "normal" levels a little less than a week ago. Source.

Don't know if JerleMinara's experience is from before or after that.

#50 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

According to the original post regarding the boosted guild XP/rep gain for beta, the multiplier they had put in place was 5. So, at normal levels, it will be 1/5 of what you were seeing with the beta boosts.

We have also boosted the experience and rep gain for guilds by x5 the normal amount. The daily and weekly caps have also been raised to correspond with this. We are doing this to allow us to get more testing on as many things as we can before ship. Please remember that this increase is ONLY for beta and we will be going back to the normal values when Cataclysm ships.

Quote was from the original boost.

#51 Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

If anyone is playing on the European servers right now, I'm wondering if you could answer a question:

If a guildmember does not have Cataclysm, do they still contribute guild experience?

Thanks so much.

#52 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

If anyone is playing on the European servers right now, I'm wondering if you could answer a question:

If a guildmember does not have Cataclysm, do they still contribute guild experience?

Thanks so much.

Lylirra covered this in the Reminders thread today:

Guild leveling and guild reputation will also be available, but you can still benefit from these systems without upgrading to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

#53 Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:26 AM

Thanks very much the Cheat. Sorry for missing Obvious Blue Response is Obvious.

#54 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

We're seeing a lot of fuzzy area as to what the weekly guild reputation cap is. I'm having people tell me they're stopping anywhere from 600/6k Friendly (3600 total) to 900/6k Friendly (3900 total). It seems there's fuzzy area as to when the server decides you've hit the cap and cuts you off.

#55 Szynszyla

Szynszyla

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

I have to ask, as I haven't found an answer on official forums.

We have nearly reached level 3 at around 3AM european time, than all of the sudden we were back to level 1 and stuck on it, with cap on everything. Was there some kind of reimburse by blizzard side, as they might have decided it does progress too fast?

#56 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

There was a bug on European servers that was allowing guilds to pass the daily cap, I think. So they reverted a lot of guilds.

It should still be possible to advance back to 3 using Guild achievements, but this assumes you have people that want to peel away from leveling to do those (classic, BC, Wrath 5-mans etc.).

EDIT: Source: Guild Level Cap Enforcement - Forums - World of Warcraft

Unfortunately, due to an error, some guilds have been able to gain more experience in the first few hours of Cataclysm than was initially intended. Your guild is one of those affected and as a result, has had the guild rank moved back to level 1. This has been done to all guilds that had this issue.

The reason for this is that guild experience has been intentionally capped at a certain amount a day. Tomorrow you will once again be able to gain experience as normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you and your guild. The issue should now be fixed so this will not be a recurring issue.

#57 dreslav

dreslav

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

Is anyone aware of how much GEP achievements award? There was a blue post stating that the more difficult an achievement is perceived to be, the more GEP it will award, but I've been unable to find a list of how much GEP any achievements award, never mind all guild achievements. I'm trying to figure out min time required to reach level 25 with a few assumptions on reachable guild achievements.

#58 Esta

Esta

Clowns make me uncomfortable.

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Is anyone aware of how much GEP achievements award?

Exactly none, now.

#59 Dankz

Dankz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

We have decided to remove the added bonus of gaining Guild Experience from Guild Achievements earned. This change will realign Guild Achievements with our philosophy held for normal Achievements, which are intended to be predominantly their own reward (barring the rare exception of special achievements that grant an additional reward.) Previously, the experience reward had been seen as an additional side bonus and not something that should have been significantly skewing the advancement of guilds. During the beta, we greatly increased leveling speed across the board and since most characters were copied from templates, guild experience from Achievements didn’t seem imbalanced. It has become clear that an imbalance does exist and should be addressed to ensure that guilds progress at the rates expected within the daily Guild Experience limits.

So now it seems every guild will hit lvl25 on the same exact day. Even guilds with less than 10 active players are hitting the cap easily. Giving guilds zero incentive to farm achievements and contribute GEP.

source Guild Experience Change - Forums - World of Warcraft

#60 Lightflower

Lightflower

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

Guilds have exactly the same incentive to farm group achievements as players do to farm personal ones. Some people really enjoy the challenge or sense of accomplishment, some just like seeing a bigger number on one tab in their character information. Whatever the reason, the achievement system is popular and rewarding.

However, as to your specific issue that even small guilds will be able to maintain the GEP cap each day until max of glvl 25, consider that right now guilds are achieving their maximum rate of GEP gains. As questing slows down due to characters hitting 85, dungeons will have to take over and then move on to raids. It remains to be seen how many such group runs will be necessary to cap GEP gain each day but it is hardly a foregone conclusion that all guilds will be able to maintain maximal GEP gain all the way up until glvl 25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users