• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Now I'm curious. In my observations killing 5-man Heroic bosses, the XP you are granted in chat is multiplied by the number of guild members in this group. Honestly I've never been able to test because we're usually daily-capped by the time I run any raids, so I'm curious if the same applies to GXP gained from raid bosses. If so, it would make 25-man boss kills insanely "overpowered" for uncapped guild leveling at 23.

#82 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

I just observed this morning on Eldre'Thalas, an Eastern server, that the daily GXP cap still resets at 3AM despite every other daily mechanic (random heroic, daily quests, etc.) getting bumped to 4AM because of Daylight Savings. I'm not sure if this affects servers in other time zones (probably does), but this means guilds can start their grinds earlier on the reset they can hit Level 23.

#83 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

If any guild has been pushing hard to get level 25, I believe today is the first day that it is achieveable.

#84 Austin

Austin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

If any guild has been pushing hard to get level 25, I believe today is the first day that it is achieveable.

That would indeed be correct. We hit 23 this morning and have been uncapped, from what I'm told we're at ~40% through level 23 currently. We still have tonight's raid, which should contribute ~20m guild experience, and should be level 25 by the end of the evening.
Austin, 85 Mage - Austyn, 83 Death Knight - Austen, 85 Rogue - Talros, 85 Feral Druid

#85 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

That would indeed be correct. We hit 23 this morning and have been uncapped, from what I'm told we're at ~40% through level 23 currently. We still have tonight's raid, which should contribute ~20m guild experience, and should be level 25 by the end of the evening.

What format do you usually raid? I'm curious which your 20M estimate applies to.

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked up your primary format via GuildOx. That's still a hefty chunk of XP from 25-man for 12 bosses, so I'm glad our guild also saved most of our bosses for tonight.

#86 Austin

Austin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

What format do you usually raid? I'm curious which your 20M estimate applies to.

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked up your primary format via GuildOx. That's still a hefty chunk of XP from 25-man for 12 bosses, so I'm glad our guild also saved most of our bosses for tonight.

We have 10 bosses scheduled for tonight, the math behind it is as follows; 78,700 per person x 25 people x 10 bosses=19,675,00 Guild Experience. Today happens to be one of our scheduled raid days, we left these bosses up with the specific plans to use them to give the guild a good push towards the Guild Level of 25.
Austin, 85 Mage - Austyn, 83 Death Knight - Austen, 85 Rogue - Talros, 85 Feral Druid

#87 Duilliath

Duilliath

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

Other than the guilds that got missed the Exp-wipe.

Crab People hit 25 a couple of days ago, mostly through running 5-man runs.
Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

#88 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Other than the guilds that got missed the Exp-wipe.

Crab People hit 25 a couple of days ago, mostly through running 5-man runs.

Ouch, how did they get away with that for so long? Seems to me that it would have been reported, caught, and fixed at some point in the last few months or at least the last couple days.

#89 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

Ouch, how did they get away with that for so long? Seems to me that it would have been reported, caught, and fixed at some point in the last few months or at least the last couple days.

They didn't do anything illegal. It's a side effect of Blizzard resetting the experience and rep caps a few hours after Cata release. Those guilds that hit 25 before today had earned enough XP before that reset after launch to skip an entire day's reset.

Raid related: Omnotron gives 4 bosses' worth of XP, Conclave gives 3, and V&T give 2. Much more lucrative than I originally expected.

#90 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:47 AM

They didn't do anything illegal.

Oh, I never thought they did anything wrong; it's not like they exploited or anything similar. They simply leveled their guild and capped everyday as a lot of other guilds did.

It's just that since Blizzard went through all the trouble of resetting everyones guild experience multiple times in the name of leveling the field, I'm just gobsmacked why they knowingly let a handful of guilds sit at an advantage for months.

#91 Malleus

Malleus

King Hippo

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

A small caution to all who use Have Group, Will Travel - it appears that it doesn't summon people to your precise location. We discovered this the other night when I summoned the raid to Bastion while standing on one of those long, thin spikes around the entrance, and most of them fell off as soon as they appeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users