• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

#141 napsilan

napsilan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

to make a macro work with healbot, you need to make your macro cast at "hbtarget" (vuhdo uses "vuhdo"), so do this.

/cast chakra
/cast [@hbtarget] prayer of healing

Holy word: Serenity won't work like this since it's a morphed spell, you need to macro it like this.

/target [@hbtarget]
/click BUTTON

BUTTON is the name of the button where you have holy word: chastise dragged from your spellbook, this can be found by mousing over the button and running this macro (credit to Javyrha).

/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end

You can add some extra stuff to the serenity macro depending on how you want the targetting to function, for example, I have it store my current target as my focus and retarget it, although this would erase your focus target. This is my macro.

/focus
/target [@vuhdo]
/click BT4Button22
/target [@focus]
/clearfocus

One last bit, since the serenity macro does essentially cast the spell by just clicking the button, if you alt self-casting on, and you have the macro bound to a bind with alt, it will always cast it on you, rather than your target.

#142 Khunami

Khunami

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

There's quite a nasty bug with Inner Focus that I didn't see mentioned anywhere else here.
If you activate it right at the end of a cast that would benefit from IF then the buff gets consumed but you won't get the actual benefit of the cooldown.

I am not seeing this happen to me. What spell were you trying this for? I tried it with GHeal a few times and I don't see this result. Maybe its the Blizzard Latency Reducer messing you up?

#143 Zigizi

Zigizi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I've run into a similar bug, where after activating Chakra and casting one of the trigger heals (Heal, PoH), my Chakra will go away, but I won't be put into a state at all. The cooldown on Chakra still gets burned.

It doesn't happen every time, and the first few times I thought it was a problem with my power auras or the buff not showing up correctly, but it was just not applying.

I'll try to trap the combat logs if it happens again, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen the same thing.

#144 Thisbe

Thisbe

Priestamatician

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

Chakra not activating happens occasionally for me too.

#145 flo-joe86

flo-joe86

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

...This is my macro.

/focus
/target [@vuhdo]
/click BT4Button22
/target [@focus]
/clearfocus

One last bit, since the serenity macro does essentially cast the spell by just clicking the button, if you alt self-casting on, and you have the macro bound to a bind with alt, it will always cast it on you, rather than your target.

Thanks alot. The "Chakra"-macros work well, but the chastise one does not.
This is my macro: name = Test

/target [@hbtarget]
/click BT4Button97

Then I went into my Healbot Options and entered this macro name (Test) as my spell.

Doesn't work

#146 stouthardy

stouthardy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

I'm probably one of the few DISC priests left for PVE - and with that said does anyone else feel that penance isn't worth having anymore. I mean - my flash heal as a disc priest is hitting for 13k - and 20k crit, while my penance takes just as much time hitting for right around 12k-14k - in the long run, i'm not sure its worth what it was... should i just spec into holy?

#147 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Penance is still faster. Flash Heal has a cast time, the heal lands at the end of said cast time. Penance is channeled and starts to tick instantly.

Additionally, Penance provides three opportunities to put up Divine Aegis and/or Inspiration when available. It will also instantly stack Grace on a target. Whereas it would take you 3 Flash Heals.

This is of course all the perks of Penance without even evaluating your assessment on Flash Heal healing for more than Penance, I do not believe it does, but that aside the spell is still better/useful.

Everyone should start from the same place and rise based on their abilities, desires, and schedule. No one plays MMOs to *be* powerful, they play MMOs to *become* powerful. It's the journey, stupid. The rarer loot is, the more cherished it is when you get it, but only so long as there is a reasonable expectation to get it. The rarer loot is, the better it feels when you kill a boss or when $AWESOME_TRINKET drops.

#148 miketwoface

miketwoface

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

I'm probably one of the few DISC priests left for PVE - and with that said does anyone else feel that penance isn't worth having anymore. I mean - my flash heal as a disc priest is hitting for 13k - and 20k crit, while my penance takes just as much time hitting for right around 12k-14k - in the long run, i'm not sure its worth what it was... should i just spec into holy?

I think you have to just wait for 85 lvl :) Then you will not cast Flash Heal so often as now cause it will cost much more mana then now. And as far as I understand it should be used in emergency and not spammed like nowadays :)

#149 MADMark

MADMark

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Additionally, Penance provides three opportunities to put up Divine Aegis...

I agree with almost everything you said regarding Penance, but I just wanted to point out that just because it divides its heal over 3 ticks doesn't make the DA chance on Penance any better in the long run. Yes, you have 3 chances to proc DA, but each chance is only for 1/3 as much. In the long run, its the same % as multiple FHs, it's just an all or nothing situation for each individual FH.

... it just begs to be repeatedly reported, over and over, as though reporting a post could somehow be analogous to stabbing someone in the face with a knife forged out of their own concentrated stupid.

#150 TrlstanC

TrlstanC

Banned

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

I've done ICC both with and without Atonement, and I'd say that the healing from Atonement vs Heal was very similar. I actually preferred the timing of Atonement because it seemed to be targeted fairly intelligently and the heal would land on whoever just got hit, it does a pretty good job of topping up the tanks and melee during light damage.

But who cares about light damage, right? I ended up not using Atonement because there were too many times when my stacks of Evangelism were about to fall off and I had to decide between using a good heal and casting smite (so Evangelism would be ready in 5 or 10 secs when I wanted the +healing) usually because I had to spend too much time running around.

It used to be worth it to pop the stacks just to get the 15% mana back, but now that it's only 5% the main benefit of Archangel is the bonus healing, and I found it was just too much hassle to manage it.

Of course at 85 things are supposed to be less hectic, and mana will be more of an issue, so that's a whole different story, but if you're doing LK or RS in the next 7 days I'd stick with spell mechanics you're used to instead of trying to manage something new to gain a marginal benefit.

#151 Elimbras

Elimbras

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Penance is cheaper than flash heal, and has better HpM.
Additionally, it has a good synergy with Borrowed Time : one of the best sequence to use the buff is to cast penance, PoM, and still use it for a big slow heal (greater heal or PoH). In particular, it belongs to a very good emergency sequence : cast PW:S, then a hasted Penance if needed, and you most likely saved someone's life. You can follow with a (greater or regular) heal, on that target if needed. Or use POM, if the cd is free. Or go back to other raid healing duties.

#152 Snowy

Snowy

Mitt Romney?

• Moderators
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Note that the Cata healing threads are up. The decision was made to have separate threads for Holy and Disc in an effort to keep thread lengths slightly smaller and to make it easier to find specific info.

Holy is here: http://elitistjerks....est_compendium/
Disc is here: http://elitistjerks....est_compendium/

This thread will be closed on the 7th.

(edit: Close enough, closing this now.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users