88 replies to this topic

#81 Venthos

Venthos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

From General:

Added new meta gems: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.

Looks like we have our new Meta gem decided. On that note, is a requirement of 3 red gems really much of a requirement? Might as well have it say "Requires three other gem slots."

#82 Thazzdingo

Thazzdingo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

I updated the OP, all the changes discussed in the last posts should be included. (new Meta Gem, 50sec ICD of Lightweave Embroidery). I also changed the Off-Hand enchant to 40 Int.

#83 Lurama

Lurama

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

So while I had some free time in the lab, I decided to fiddle around with some basics in Matlab.

Below is a graph of the crossover of the stat values for the three main Mage races (Orc, Troll, Goblin). From the math and the looks of it, Troll comes out on top for the most part (duh right?).

The crossover for troll/orc is around 4% haste and for goblin/orc it's around 15% haste. This is the value of haste from your gear/static buffs at the time the racial is accounted for. The spoiler tag has the code that I used for anyone who wants to check the math.

Racial Comparison Graph

Spoiler

#84 TankknSpankk

TankknSpankk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

While the buff tooltip says 580 Intellect, my character info actually showed an increase of 609 when it procced. Spellpower and mana increased accordingly. Can anyone confirm this?

Assuming maximum uptime we would get an average of 152.25 Int vs. 130 Int from other professions.

That would be becuase of kings or any other +5% int buff.

580 x 1.05 = 609

#85 Thazzdingo

Thazzdingo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Updated the "Pros and Cons of the different Specs" section. Is someone able to estimate the current state of Frost AoE? It got a huge buff, however i didn't really see anyone using it since then.

(No long discussion here please, a rough estimation should be enough because damage output anyways varies quite much in different fight situations)

#86 Maje

Maje

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Since you're updating the post you might as well change Lightweave to the current incarnation, there was a change in 4.1 see here: http://elitistjerks....12/#post1922303

#87 Juravieal

Juravieal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

Wouldn't swapping positions of fire and frost on single target fights also be needed? The last couple of official simcraft outputs posted, both for 4.1 and 4.2 show frost significantly higher than fire anymore, unless I am misunderstanding something.

#88 KroLeXz

KroLeXz

Banned

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

In the interest of Max/Min:

Arcane Engineers can cast Mage Ward (before the pull or with a spare GCD during movement), then use a Sapper Charge, proccing Incanter's Absorption for ~+250SP for 15 seconds.

The Sapper Charge works neatly with your AP/Berserking/Mirror Image/Haste Pot macro.

does this work still?

#89 Thazzdingo

Thazzdingo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Updated for 4.2, the biggest addition is.. a boring gear list >.<

Wouldn't swapping positions of fire and frost on single target fights also be needed? The last couple of official simcraft outputs posted, both for 4.1 and 4.2 show frost significantly higher than fire anymore, unless I am misunderstanding something.

swapped ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users