• This topic is locked This topic is locked
244 replies to this topic

#241 BW.Shadowmend

BW.Shadowmend

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Yeah! Starting off with SWP->MF til orb proc is great of you want to sit around waiting on RNG all day, losing DPS. I'm sure there are a couple situations where it makes sense, but most of the time when I tried opening this way, I just lost DPS.

#242 MaFi0s0

MaFi0s0

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

I myself have found that during Dark Arch Angel, casting Mind Spike and Mind Blast to be significantly higher DPS.
The issue being that it is not mana efficient, so is not always the best option, particularly if its a fight where you wont take much damage to proc masochism or a longer fight.

#243 Grubo

Grubo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

I myself have found that during Dark Arch Angel, casting Mind Spike and Mind Blast to be significantly higher DPS.

This may depend on how high your mastery rating is. The lower your mastery rating is, the more viable it is using MS MS MB circles during AA.

I focused on haste and left out mastery whereever it was possible. I will give that a shot.

#244 Mearis

Mearis

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5455 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

With how shadow word death has been revamped, and with the new healing mechanics making healer mana a premium, has anyone else noticed how much backlash damage SW: D is now doing during the execute phase? With dark evangelism, flasks, and double trinket procs, I have pulled off over 60K SW: D crits, and on double crits that can be nearly 50k backlash damage.

Sometimes the double backlash damage is a boon, but on certain fights where raid damage starts flying out (council for example) SW: D execute becomes a liability. Lightwell offsets that to some extent, but it can be very annoying to play around.

#245 Snowy

Snowy

Mitt Romney?

• Moderators
  • 10260 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

The new Cataclysm thread is up here: http://elitistjerks....sm/#post1831248

I'm closing this thread. I'd like to get a consensus on several items before I update them in the new thread -- see my first reply for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users