• This topic is locked This topic is locked
244 replies to this topic

#21 Snowy

Snowy

Mitt Romney?

• Moderators
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Are you sure you're looking under the Spell tab, rather than Ranged or Melee tab?

#22 Passover

Passover

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

I'm fairly certain it's bugged. Dropping in and out of Shadowform last night didn't show any change to my spell haste in the character panel. Hopefully this is just a display bug, and we are in fact still getting the haste.

@ Shivaekul - Your Haste Math doesnt explain this aspect of the new change even if it equals out the Talent Haste when the character panel shows Totem drop buffs and it also shows Boomer Crit aura.
I dont seem to be casting faster than Tuesday night either while i was at the dummy compared to today at the dummy.
These are why i thought it might be bugged.

#23 Shivaekul

Shivaekul

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

@Passover - No, My math doesn't explain why the talents don't show up on the character screen. It does however explain How much haste we actually have. Try something real quick. Take off all your gear. MF in shadowform, Now, drop shadowform and MF. You should notice a .1 second difference. Guess what? Thats the 5% haste from your shadowform talent.

#24 moowalk

moowalk

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

I didn't macro in gloves to VT (bartender issue), and I didn't pop zerking on the pull. Our other shadow priest popped both gloves and zerking, and ended a 3 minute fight with 24 more SW:P ticks than me (30% more). Yes, we both had 96% uptime.

If this is the case it would mean that the 500 haste from speed pot is superior to lock in than 200 crit from wild magic.

#25 Malapropia

Malapropia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

My numbers suggest otherwise!

I didn't macro in gloves to VT (bartender issue), and I didn't pop zerking on the pull. Our other shadow priest popped both gloves and zerking, and ended a 3 minute fight with 24 more SW:P ticks than me (30% more). Yes, we both had 96% uptime.

If this is the case it would mean that the 500 haste from speed pot is superior to lock in than 200 crit from wild magic.

Shadow Word: Pain has always been that way, and was not under discussion at that point. The implication was towards the other dots in our rotation, which do not preserve the stats from the first cast like Shadow Word: Pain does.

Edit: After doing a bit of looking, it appears that I was mistaken. Blizzard has seemingly removed all rollover effects.

#26 Tarhuil

Tarhuil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:28 AM

I did some testing on the Heroic dummy over the course of a few minutes a run using nothing but , casting SW:P, and refreshing it only using Mind Flay. I've got 28.02% crit from base/gear and an additional 5% to SW:P from the 2-piece Tier 10.

In which case, I guess I was expecting to see around 33.02% SW:P crit baseline and something like 50% after using the trinket, casting, and refreshing. After multiple tests, the highest I ended up with after 100 ticks was 35.9% crit, with trinket.

The trinket effect definitely does apply, as I'd usually get 50-70% crits on the SW:P ticks prior to refreshing with mind flay, but it dropped down afterward. It's those few initial crits that I'm crediting the overall better crit rate, though marginal. It certainly wasn't giving me 50%+ for the entire time.

It appears to me that the SW:P staying locked in got nerfed with the clipping change, at least as far as crit rate is concerned.

#27 Mindaika

Mindaika

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

It appears to me that the SW:P staying locked in got nerfed with the clipping change, at least as far as crit rate is concerned.

I'm working on finding the original post, but one of the stated changes for 4.0.1 was that dots recalculate for each tick now.
Tastes like Awesome, because it's made of Awesome™

#28 zaxbysauce

zaxbysauce

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

Any early napkin math on what the nerf to SW:D's coefficient does to it in terms of priority in the system?

3) We nerfed Shadow Word: Death, but it is possible we didn't nerf it enough. It should not be Shadow's biggest spell.

MMOChampion

#29 moowalk

moowalk

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Unfortunately our logs are private, but this is a screencap of our two priests' damage.

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/j8priestsg

You can quite clearly see 1 priest with 108 ticks of SW:P and one with 84. Both have > 95% uptime.

Here's a Thorim excerpt. The initial SW:P was cast on the run on the platform. The second one after debuffs and haste buffs were up. The SW:P tick interval is reduced.

Posted Image

#30 zaxbysauce

zaxbysauce

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

Disregard that last. Apparently the coefficient nerf was a rumor and they actually nerfed the Glyph.

#31 Isildien

Isildien

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

Disregard that last. Apparently the coefficient nerf was a rumor and they actually nerfed the Glyph.

Yeah, the Glyph now has an internal cooldown like they initially said it would back when the glyph was announced.

#32 Kobushizen

Kobushizen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

I've spend quite a bit of time on dummy this afternoon since the SW: D changes and I noticed that the instant component of DP does more damage than SW: D.
Granted, that does not include the 30% buff from the target being below 25% health.

However my numbers were (with several hundred of each, no one else on heroic dummy)
Improved DP: averaged 4468 for 68.3% of casts, 7194 crit for 31.7%,
4468*.683+7184*31.7=5332 avg dmg

SW: D 2176 for 73.1%, Crit 4504 for 26.9%
2176*.731+4504*.269=2802 * 1.30 buff = 3643 <-- adjusted to reflect 30% buff below 25% health

Given that with no more dot clipping, recasting DP won't reset the DOT timer...
Am I missing some reason as to why we should still be casting SW: D?

Thanks,

#33 Arnoldlayne00

Arnoldlayne00

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Were you testing on a dummy with "1 hp," because they're really at 100%. I've been trying to get in a raid all night to figure out what the damage is at execute range to no avail.

Are there coefficients out for death at execute range? Also any confirmation on whether or not GC's post was a typo "except when the target is at the 20% wounded state." I only ask because Mind Melt states 25%. Either they're changing the talent to reflect the 20% change, death's tooltip is going to be changed to reflect a damage boost at 20% (that stacks with mind melt?), or it was a typo. Heh.

#34 Isildien

Isildien

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Messing around on the Priest right now and it looks like they might have hotfixed SW: D again. It is hitting mobs with >25% HP for around 1.8-2.4k with 3437 SP and 8-10k <25%. If this is the case it looks like SW: D will be removed from the rotation until execute range.

#35 Sui-san

Sui-san

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

Given the changes to stats and so forth, I was wondering if the old CSD is no longer the optimal metagem, given that many other metas give Int now, which scales better than Crit.

Any numbers on this at all or is it still like the rest of the time and stick with CSD?

#36 zaxbysauce

zaxbysauce

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Messing around on the Priest right now and it looks like they might have hotfixed SW: D again. It is hitting mobs with >25% HP for around 1.8-2.4k with 3437 SP and 8-10k <25%. If this is the case it looks like SW: D will be removed from the rotation until execute range.

This is confirmed. They have hotfixed SW:Death again and reduced the damage coefficient above 25%. DP instant effect hits considerably harder now, and with the changes to clipping should replace SW:Death as your go to spell for movement.

#37 zaxbysauce

zaxbysauce

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

Given the changes to stats and so forth, I was wondering if the old CSD is no longer the optimal metagem, given that many other metas give Int now, which scales better than Crit.

Any numbers on this at all or is it still like the rest of the time and stick with CSD?

Which metas are you referring to? The only one that comes to mind is ESD, and it gives 21 int and 2% total mana (not total int).

#38 PiousFlea

PiousFlea

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

So it sounds like DoTs autorefresh spellpower and crit, but not Haste. That is a pretty big deal, both for potions and activatable Haste trinkets.

#39 enqi

enqi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

Our kill from SaurfangHC this week - World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis , horrible rng and lackluster play from my side but throughout ICC this is naturally what I figured out:
>25%
DP > VT > SWP >SWD > 3x Orb MB > MF > MB

<25% It appears just spamming SWD (With Wild Magic pot) is the way to go, but I'd argue at the fact that Shadowfiend and DP is more than worth to keep up due to the fact that they're both instant and both a significant dps boost for you (Shadowfiend sitting at 6-10% of my overall dps on LK hc for example)

Will addin next weeks Saurfang to compare and see the diffrence between SWD now and then.

#40 Eiritha

Eiritha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

Is it just me or does Reign of the Dead not proc of MF anymore ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users