• This topic is locked This topic is locked
482 replies to this topic

#481 Nätion

Nätion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

If you would like to prove otherwise, it can easily be tested, go find 3 dummies near each other, hit DS 1000 times and track how often it procs a HP then burn it on a WoG and make sure not to melee swing on the target, if you get less than say 450 (40% + 5% error) WoG it's definitely one per cast, if you get more than 734 ( (1-(1-.4)^3)*100% - 5% error) it's one chance to proc per hit. If you get in-between retest and average in the new results, and make sure to record the events.

To avoid the counter-argument of DS not being able to proc a HP when it hits nothing, this is simply due to the same fact that the spell fails to cast if it does not have an effect, such as before when it did not consume HP without actually hitting a target.

As I mistakenly did, anecdotal evidence counter to something widely accepted should only be brought forward with numerical evidence.

#482 Exemplar

Exemplar

The One-Eyed Man

• • Guide Author
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

Beta version of my spreadsheet is finally available. Beyond the same issue that Redcape's has (missing GoAK data), it has no Cataclysm item data or gems yet loaded. It's only holding T10 items and gems. Additionally you could not export your profile settings (for others to import for comparison purposes). These should be the major beta limitations, everything else should be functional.

Download it directl from thearistocracy.net, my guild's homepage.

Edit: Oh, naturally, please PM me with any issues - this thread is for greater things.
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

#483 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

• Moderators
  • 9,107 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

http://elitistjerks....p2/#post1813289
Lampkin in EJBSG 28 | Anders in EJBSG 24 | Cavil in EJBSG 20
Boomer in EJBSG 19 | Roslin in EJBSG 17 | Roslin in EJBSG 13 | Roslin in EJBSG 8
MTG Online draft viewer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users