• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#61 Namnalia

Namnalia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

Actually, that is three DoTs (UA, BoA, Corruption). Of course if Affliction warlocks had nine hundred shadow damage dots they would transfer all of them, but that is just a hypothetical situation. Currently, you can't have more than three DoTs on one target, making the unglyphed Soul Swap rather weak for the given reasons.

#62 Moox

Moox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

The whole thing has great implications on affliction and demonology warlocks with their refreshement mechanics. Affliction should really look out for Eradication, the 20% haste might be a big boost. Demonology greatly depends on whether multipliers are kept or not, if the same criterias as in wotlk still apply, he might have to renew it while in metamorphosis.

And regarding crit/multipliers: I still don't believe that they are updated on refresh (by a third spell), even if some people here at EJ take it as a fact.

Very interesting. Though I believe there is a little flaw in your tests. According to the timestamps on your screenshot, your Corruption in test #1 was up for 33 seconds, while it was up for 36 seconds in test #2. This could mean that a refresh through Haunt (test #1) is calculated differently than a manual refresh with Corruption (test #2).
Nevertheless in test #2 you achieved one additional tick with re-applying Corruption while Power Infusion is up.

Karalyn opened a bug thread in Blizzards forum:
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [BUG] Refreshing DoT mechanics and haste

He did the same test as you, but was using an Eradication proc instead of a Power Infusion. The result was the same: Corruption ticks faster if manually re-applied while the haste buff is active, and even retains the faster tick rate for the remainder of the fight (refreshed through Haunt).

His further tests showed that haste or crit rating (e.g. from NMIC or Scale of Fates) however do not boost your Corruption. Only straight buffs seem to work.

Let's see if Blizzard acknowledges this as a bug and fixes it.
If not, we will wait for Bloodlust/Heroism and hopefully an Eradication proc, yell at our Disc friend for Power Infusion and start a super-fast ticking Corruption. Exactly what Blizzard fixed ages ago. :-/

#63 Lavandris

Lavandris

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

EDIT: False information. I had forgotten that I was precasting Haunt, and it was hitting at the same time SS was. Oops!

#64 Melfqw

Melfqw

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Actually, that is three DoTs (UA, BoA, Corruption).

Corruption, UA, Bane of Agony, Haunt. There is 4 shadow damage dealing DoTs. Im saying that soul swap will transfer ALL shadow damage dealing dots that have no cooldown. That explains why haunt wont transfer between targets. Of course it could be that haunt just dosnt work, but we have no other shadow damage dealing dots with no cooldown to test.

In addition to Corr, UA, and BoA, Soul Swap also transfers one stack of Shadow Embrace. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but I've seen it happen on H LK attempts.

I went and tested this on dummys with one, two, and three stacks of Shadow Embrace trying to soul swap them to another target. It didnt work. This may be a glich, or it may work only when the character dosnt have a Glyph of Soul Swap.

#65 tr0tsky

tr0tsky

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

Haunt isn't a DoT, it's a direct damage spell with a debuff.

#66 Bahlshaab

Bahlshaab

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Curently i'm sitting on 1342 (40,93) haste, my corruption ticks 8 times per 2.13sec with total of 17,04sec of corruption duration. If i push my haste to +30 i am able to get a 9th tick per 2,12sec with total of 19.08sec corruption duration. Is this intended in order to ''fit'' and divide the 9th tick or is it somehow bugged ? Obviously at 1372 haste and the duration of corruption unchanged at 18sec would not give me that extra tick, instead i would have a 1,08sec ''gap'' in whole duration. I would apreciate some more thoughts on it.

It is counter-intuitive to think of a hasted spell lasting longer, but that is correct. For DoTs that are affected by haste, the duration in the spell description corresponds to zero haste rating. The actual (hasted) duration is therefore usually longer or shorter than this base duration as you already calculated (duration = integer number of ticks x tick interval).

You have a good explanation in this post "Haste Info".

The linked post contains errors and you should stop linking it on EJ until those errors are fixed.
edit: equation and values have now been corrected

#67 matornot

matornot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

[TABLE]Head:
Cloak: Lightweave Embroidery, Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed
Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Spellpower
Boots: Enchant Boots - Icewalker, Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality
[/TABLE]

Engineering:
Engineers can improve their Gloves with Hyperspeed Accelerators, which is an average +48 Haste Rating. They also get Springy Arachnoweave and a boost device for your boots, increasing survivability. As the Currently, the Engineering enchants do not overwrite the normal enchants anymore.

Just a couple things to note on Engineering:
- Any Engineering enchant with a "Use" function now stacks with any enchants that do not have a "Use" function. Reticulated Armor Webbing does not have a "Use" function, and therefore stacks with Hyperspeed Accelerators, though the +28 SP enchant is better for PvE.
- The Nitro Boosts to boots no longer provide 24 crit rating, so you will want either Tuskarr's Vitality or Icewalker on top of Nitro Boosts.
- Springy Arachnoweave still grants +27 SP and stacks with Tailoring's Lightweave Embroidery or the regular enchant (not both).
- Mind Amplification Dish stacks with regular head enchants, and grants increased mana regen via Life Tap and survivability. Also note that the "Use" function will not work if you already have a demon out.

#68 rabt68

rabt68

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

I just returned to WOW and previously I prefered to level via questing. I am now starting to do instances and I have a questions concerning the spell rotation for the mobs. I was wondering which of the following would be best...

1. Start with BoA, Haunt, SoC, UA then reapply SoC if needed then perform soul swap and apply haunt, SoC on the new target and then move to new target and restart the process.

Or

2. BoA, corruption, haunt, UA, soul swap and apply haunt and then move to next target and start process again

I was wondering if the SoC would cause enough collateral damage to justify using it in multi crowd mobs to make it worth using instead of just using corruption on individual targets?

#69 Notoris

Notoris

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

Notice to the tests in #62: Eradication does not hasten dots - only cast time. So reapplying Corruption when Eradication pops would not improve your Corruption at all...

#70 U_Q

U_Q

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi,
There's something I can't understand with the "rotation" and that is the beginning of it!

What is the optimal start?
The optimal starting sequence is now Corruption->Unstable Affliction->Bane of Agony->Haunt->Shadow Bolt, just according to the priority list (starting with Haunt makes no sense as there are no DoTs benefiting from it yet).

What about Shadow Embrace?
Doesn't Corr, UA and BoA benefit from it? So why not start with 3xSB like before 4.0 (instead of 2xSB + Haunt) and then use the sequence indicated?

And Curse of Elements? Shouldn't we apply it as we go in to the fight?

Hopefully you could shed some light on it!
Thanks in advance! :)

#71 Namnalia

Namnalia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

The reason for this is:
"SB->SB->SB->Corruption" will lose several Corruption ticks completely while "Corruption->SB->SB->SB" will only lose a small percentage of the first Corruption ticks. The same is true for Haunt before any DoTs are up.
I thought this was kind of obvious, but as the question comes up again and again I tried to clarify it in the first post now.

As a side note, I'm currently very busy and unable to do any major updates in the first post, but that will (hopefully) change soon.

#72 Notoris

Notoris

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

Ye... You have to consider the time you waste firing your lowest dpct spell 3 times before applying any main dmg spells. Better to have your 3 dots already ticking while you cast SB.

#73 khellyndros

khellyndros

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

The Chaotic now requires "more blue that red gems", what is your recommendation for socketing w/ this new twist?

#74 Kyth

Kyth

Professional Windmill Tilter

• Members
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

The Chaotic now requires "more blue that red gems", what is your recommendation for socketing w/ this new twist?

The change is being reverted to WotLK values, although it can't be done in a hotfix so it will be a bit.

Reference: DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back - Forums - World of Warcraft

#75 Kuku

Kuku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

The change is being reverted to WotLK values, although it can't be done in a hotfix so it will be a bit.

Reference: DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back - Forums - World of Warcraft

It's pretty unlikely that this change will come within the next two weeks, so it would be a good idea to discuss meta choices in the meantime.

#76 Opustjej

Opustjej

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

I have a question regarding using Soulburn. What spell should it be used with? DL, UA or Soulfire (assuming we have imp SF).

I have a feeling we will benefit most from using it with Soulfire but thats just my gut instinct and would love if someone can give me some info on this since I guess it will very haste depending.

#77 Nnayr

Nnayr

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

I have a question regarding using Soulburn. What spell should it be used with? DL, UA or Soulfire (assuming we have imp SF).

I have a feeling we will benefit most from using it with Soulfire but thats just my gut instinct and would love if someone can give me some info on this since I guess it will very haste depending.

Soulfire. Soulburn - UA got removed. Improved Soulfire is bane 2.0

#78 TekLB

TekLB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Notice to the tests in #62: Eradication does not hasten dots - only cast time. So reapplying Corruption when Eradication pops would not improve your Corruption at all...

Improved Soul Fire talent gives 7% spell haste per point, but tooltip mentions spell casting speed increased.If i cast new immolate under the effect of ISF i get an extra immolate tick(at least for my haste level).So i assumed tooltip is wrong.Taking that in consideration, i did the same with eradication.The new corruption had an extra tick.In both scenarios i casted immolate and corruption the last sec before buffs expire.So do they hasten dots or not ? both tests show they do, tooltips say another thing.Curious to see how they will react between them, when we will have 2/2 ISF talent in affliction spec.

#79 scmpoe

scmpoe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

Eradication's tooltip has always said "casting speed", but it has always increased dot haste as well.

it still increases dot haste, despite what the tool tip says.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)