• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic

#21 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

This choice between throughput and throughput is actually what makes speccing fun. I was doing my warlock tonight and basically had fun/fun choices. To be honest, they are pretty dull and you don't need to put any research or thought in them whatsoever. You end up doing well whatever choice you make. I sincerely hope restoration tree stays the same as it is now.

I do understand that tastes differ, but I honestly can't understand why would one want warlock-like tree. Imagine that you had something like Nature's Grace vs. Fury of Stormrage vs. Nature's Ward. There's no 'lose' scenario, you always win. You get a really small benefit to something you don't use often OR you get a really small benefit to something you don't use often. Pick a random one and you are good. Please explain me, how is it fun?

The resto tree is a balance bomb waiting to go off. If druids are balanced around having all throughput talents, then they will be underpowered cause they can't use them. If Rejuv is fine without BotG and Genesis then it risks becoming too good down the line.
I don't derive the fun from speccing. It's a tedious task that's mostly mechanical, and the fun should come from the game itself - possibly because of talents such as Eff or MG - but not because of choosing them but because of using them.
If 29 specs behave one way and this unique snowflake of a spec goes the other way, well then, changing the 1 spec is probably the way to go. Although I should probably say 3-4 specs and not 1 because that will be how many specs you'll switch between from fight to fight.
I wish we were in the situation you described, choosing between NG, FoS and NW. Those are all viable choices, all non-trivial but not spec defining. Yes, please.

#22 RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

I'm going to try the Raid Testing on the beta today. I'm going to play it safe and gem for Spirit in all the gear that I can, because I don't know how big of an issue mana is going to be in raids. If any of you are going I would suggest you do the same.

#23 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

I actually will be gearing differently (haste as the priority). I've run a few heroics and have had 0 mana problems. It will be interesting to see how it lines up.
i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#24 RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

My figuring is that in heroics, not only is the content easier (especially in the raid gear that premades have), but also you spend a significantly higher amount of time out of combat, even if you're chain pulling. Raid fights are a lot longer than that.

That being said, the haste on my premade's gear is pitiful. I may reforge some Mastery or Crit to at least reach about 15%.

EDIT: Were you planning on even gemming Haste over Intellect? When I said gemming for spirit, what I really meant was putting hybrid gems in yellow/blue slots that had some Spirit on them.

#25 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

It should be 915 haste (7.15%) to get your 5th tick of Rejuv, btw.

#26 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Is there currently no way to cast Lifebloom with a macro then (because it picks up the Tree version)? Or with Clique for that matter?

#27 RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Apparently not. It works fine on Live, but annoyingly it is still broken on the Beta. It's been dropping off really often because of this for me.

#28 Carebare

Carebare

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
First boss kill in BWD.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
First boss in TH.
i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#29 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Same, just killed the robots too. Have a bunch of screenshots.

Is Empowered Touch refresh not working? I thought it was on beta.

#30 Drane

Drane

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

First boss in Bastion, Halfus. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Rejuv blanketing is still a viable strategy, at least during the AoE damage parts of the fight, especially during the end. I found popping ToL during one of the scorches was pretty decent to spam lifeblooms+regrowths on OoC procs, so I could have it up at the end when he's going all spin-spinny.

Sitting @ 1300 haste right now, I reforged a bit of my spirit as heroics were showing I really didn't need regen.

Also nope, Emp Touch is still not refreshing.

#31 RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

I need to find a better guild to test, but your numbers are roughly the same as mine on our multiple failed attempts...

Also, the various bugs are really starting to bother me. Having to target for Lifebloom is really screwing with my head, and tank healing is a wash without being able to refresh Lifebloom with HT/Nourish.

EDIT: I could just not be very good!

#32 Drane

Drane

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yea, I just sort of gave up on tank healing, outside of refreshing my 3stack LB + throwing rejuv+regrowth whenever I could. At least ToL lifebloom is macro-able?

e: Livelog of BwD robit fun. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#33 RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Yea, I just sort of gave up on tank healing, outside of refreshing my 3stack LB + throwing rejuv+regrowth whenever I could. At least ToL lifebloom is macro-able?

I guess so, makes the LB+Regrowth spam strategy a lot easier.

#34 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

I'm not really rejuv-blanketing, although I'm using it a lot. I am using WG basically on cooldown, it's great. Lifebloom is a pain right now due to both bugs, but still useful.

Still very little Nourish. I'm often more likely to just wait for something to do than to cast Nourish--but I might just need to change habits there.

#35 RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Rejuv-blanketing wouldn't be viable in the sense that you can just cast Rejuv on any person no matter what and expect to not run out of mana. Although I'm using Regrowth to patch instead of Nourish and not having mana problems, probably I don't even need to use HT/Nourish still. If Carebare's logs are any indication, she didn't use either spell at all, and presumably she didn't run out of mana, so...

#36 Drane

Drane

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Yea, WG is pretty amazing on any sort of short aura-type damage; same deal with effloresence, if you can get like 2 ranged to stand in it. Or melee, if you have them.

#37 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

I can't tell whether Halfus is broken or not, but he's kind of trivial. Is there any besides these two?

#38 Carebare

Carebare

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Rejuv-blanketing wouldn't be viable in the sense that you can just cast Rejuv on any person no matter what and expect to not run out of mana. Although I'm using Regrowth to patch instead of Nourish and not having mana problems, probably I don't even need to use HT/Nourish still. If Carebare's logs are any indication, she didn't use either spell at all, and presumably she didn't run out of mana, so...

It's hard to adequately gauge HT/Nourish, since honestly if they're not going to refresh LB I wasn't going to waste time casting them.

The BWD boss was great fun and actually challenging to figure out, though moderately easy once we had it nailed.
The TH boss was a joke and the healing ridiculously easy after the first minute or so, to the point that we were yawning on vent.

Mana was totally fine for me, all of my gear is gemmed with haste, int/haste, and stam/haste. I did use a spirit flask though.

#39 Kluian

Kluian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Healed both the 25 man bosses. I have to say I really wasn't using HT/Nourish much on these bosses. Part of this is the fact that the LB refresh mechanic isn't working on other players.

Halfus Wyrmbreaker -

Wild Growth = 33%
Rejuv = 29%
LB = 16%
Regrowth = 7%
Tranq = 7%
Swiftmend = 5%
HT = 2.5%
LS = 1.7%

Other boss I didn't save the log, but it was similar healing style.

#40 Drane

Drane

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

I can't tell whether Halfus is broken or not, but he's kind of trivial. Is there any besides these two?

On 25, apparently Halfus is pretty difficult with his enrage timer.

These are the only two, today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users