542 replies to this topic

#541 Cybelirrae

Cybelirrae

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

Basically. From the application info I posted above:

That's not really a bad thing. I mean, think back to MC through AQ40, and large parts of Naxx. If you had a terrible tank, you were going to wipe. If your healers sucked, you were going to wipe. If your DPS sucked, you had longer clears.

TBC has just spread responsibility more evenly.

I agree, that it is not a bad thing. Maybe it is b/c of my class, but I love the DPS tests in the raid game. That is why I am not sure of the reason that a lot of people have been speaking about hating Hydross so much. I mean sure he is difficult and his loot is pretty meh (but I do like my ring) but it is pretty exhilerating to me to be able to get him down before the doomsday enrage. People like to say rogues are 2-button monkeys (and lets be honest most are) but some rogues (like Kalman and Pf and others) that really focused on the precise cycles to squeeze out your optimal dps show otherwise, and it is in encounters like Hydross that you want guys like that on your team.

#542 Cireena

Cireena

is about to die

•  Patrons
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:02 PM

Natural - I am sure it depends on the server. My server never managed to do anything other than guild only Ony kills. The top guilds laughed at teh idea of anyone there PuG'ing her. We never reached a point were we could reliably kill her with less than 30. So a PuG on Gruul not likely to ever happen here.

Not to mention we were hosting MC runs for people to get gear if that gives you an idea of our server. Where other servers were selling spots in BWL and AQ40, we were doing it with MC.

#543 duostrike

duostrike

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:07 PM

C'thun is still far far cooler than gruul.

I entirely agree with coolness factor. However, I think there is a large disconnect between guilds that did all of AQ40 and especially C'thun which showed people how to move around and those who haven't and are just becoming comfortable with those concepts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users