• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Patch 4.0.1 introduced some minor bugs to the game. If you find a new one, post about it here, rather than cluttering up one of the spec discussion threads. Note that this is not an open invitation to make terrible posts that break our rules. Whiny stuff like "the game isn't fun any more" isn't a bug with WoW, it's a bug with you.

Searing totem

It won't attack target dummies.* We already know this. Stop posting about it, I'm getting tired of giving infractions for the same thing.

*It will attack the level 83 boss dummy in Orgrimmar.

#2 Trivial

Trivial

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

According to the testimony of several shamans at totemspot, elemental spec does not trigger Sindragosa's Unchained Magic debuff.

#3 Bonosaur

Bonosaur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

Searing totem

It won't attack target dummies.* We already know this. Stop posting about it, I'm getting tired of giving infractions for the same thing.

*It will attack the level 83 boss dummy in Orgrimmar.

I was under the impression that my Searing Totem simply didn't want to attack any mob that was already tagged by another player. So basicly, it doesn't work in any city (since they're all tagged 24/7) but it works fine on the dummies of the Argent Tournament in Northern Icecrown.

According to the testimoney of several shamans at totemspot, elemental spec does not trigger Sindragosa's Unchained Magic debuff

I noticed this too last night.

#4 ininjaurloot

ininjaurloot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

I am having issues with lava lash consuming the searing totem stacks and doing absolutely nothing. (happens about 1/3 of the time) Am I the only one with this issue?

#5 Farosarg

Farosarg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

I am having issues with lava lash consuming the searing totem stacks and doing absolutely nothing. (happens about 1/3 of the time) Am I the only one with this issue?

This is probably a bug with Blizzard's scrolling combat text. I noticed the same thing even though the stacks were consumed and Lava Lash CD was triggered. Further inspection to combat logs showed that damage was indeed done. Other combat text addons do show the damage normally.

#6 Elam

Elam

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

Searing Flames seems to have the ability to crit, but is not using the right critical strike chance.

If you look at a number of public logs for the past week, such as

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

you see a LOT of searing flame dot ticks (Fuljer has 1055 over the course of an entire raid night), but a small number of searing flame dot crits. (Fuljer has 9 over the course of the night.)

#7 Asirae

Asirae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

Also in our last ICC 10 person, we pulled H Sindy 4 times and the first 3 times she initially aggro'd to my Lightning Shield before the tank. Strange, but true. I clicked off my lightning shield on the 4th pull and tank was able to grab H Sindy no problems.

Yes, I am currently glyphed with and had my Lightning Shield on at the beginning of of the first 3 H Sindy pulls.
- A

#8 Mano

Mano

King Hippo

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

Also in our last ICC 10 person, we pulled H Sindy 4 times and the first 3 times she initially aggro'd to my Lightning Shield before the tank. Strange, but true. I clicked off my lightning shield on the 4th pull and tank was able to grab H Sindy no problems.

Yes, I am currently glyphed with and had my Lightning Shield on at the beginning of of the first 3 H Sindy pulls.

I remember having this problem on Vael. The applying of his aura would trigger the shield and then he'd turn towards the raid and breath on us :) Probably the same here although you're right that it's clearly a bug.

#9 Cochice

Cochice

dorf

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

This has been the case with LS for a while and not just on Sindry (Freya comes to mind). It happens to me and I'm not running the LS glyph currently so I don't believe it's tied to that.

#10 Arzja

Arzja

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Cochise & Mano.

Yeah... just never noticed that 'behavior' with Sindy before the patch.

Chalk it up to Shaman quirk. I can live with it.

It's always happened. I have it on a lot of bosses in fact. Not entirely sure what's causing it. I figured the aura before but I've had it happen on bosses without any auras or anything like it being applied (that I know of at least). Never really been an issue though.

#11 bixs

bixs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Loatheb is a good test if you want to prove this. I have personally seen this around 4-5 times (at Loatheb fight alone). If Loatheb is pulled and leashed so he resets and if there is a shaman with lightning shield on, he will actually keep resetting over and over and you can see the lightning proc'ing (and doing the pulling).

#12 hvidgaard

hvidgaard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

According to the testimony of several shamans at totemspot, elemental spec does not trigger Sindragosa's Unchained Magic debuff.

I can confirm this. Last night on Sindy achievement kill, there was only 2 casters, me, as Elemental Shaman, and a Mage. The Mage got the Unchained Magic every single time over a few tries, no exception.

#13 nickb

nickb

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

I also observed simmilar behavior with heroic sindy on Tuesday; we pulled approximately 10 times and

1) She aggroed on me almost every time before the tank taunted
2) I didn't get unchained magic a single time

#14 Saveric

Saveric

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

I also observed simmilar behavior with heroic sindy on Tuesday; we pulled approximately 10 times and

1) She aggroed on me almost every time before the tank taunted

1.) If you are talking about the very start of the pull she will switch to you then back to the tank, it is due to Lightning Shield. Sindy's frost aura will proc Lightning Shield hitting her and you will gain a split second of aggro. This existed pre-4.0.1

#15 stassart

stassart

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

I don't know if you care about from the addon/combatlog/tooltip point of view, but here are some 4.0.1 shaman bugs.

1) SPELL_AURA_BROKEN and SPELL_AURA_BROKEN_SPELL events do not work for Hex. These events seem to work for every CC in the game except for Hex, they do work for Bind Elemental. Shaman using Hex are the only CC where you can't have an addon easily tell you what broke it.
Edit: Other CC worked prior to 4.0 except Hex. Since 4.0 apparently lots of CC do not work with these events.
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [BUG] Combat log SPELL_AURA_BROKEN[_SPELL]

2) Lava Surge! does not fire UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED or UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT events. It does log to the combatlog as a SPELL_CAST_SUCCEEDED, so an addon can monitor the combatlog to detect it, but most spell alert addons will not work for Lava Surge.
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [BUG] Lava Surge no event fired

Tooltip bug:

3) Glyph of Earthliving changes the Earthliving tooltip to say that it has a 40% chance to proc (in addition to showing an increase to the amount), however from my testing the proc chance is unaffected.

It might also be worth noting undocumented shaman bugs that were fixed in 4.0:

a) Riptide hot not applying when spellpower decreases seems to be fixed from my testing.
B) Shaman hots scale with haste.
c) Wind Shear and Windfury Weapon now have different icons.

#16 Stopokingme

Stopokingme

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

1) SPELL_AURA_BROKEN and SPELL_AURA_BROKEN_SPELL events do not work for Hex. These events seem to work for every CC in the game except for Hex, they do work for Bind Elemental. Shaman using Hex are the only CC where you can't have an addon easily tell you what broke it.

I think this has more to do with the nature of Hex then anything else. Hex doesn't break on the first hit, it instead has a certain damage threshold before it breaks, unlike the other CC's like Polymorph or Bind Elemental. Have you checked Fear to see if it has those events?
Enchantment?

#17 Ragnarox

Ragnarox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but using the macro below is telling me that ghostwolf is only increasing my speed to 129% of normal movement speed and glyphed ghostwolf only increases it to 134%.
/script x=GetUnitSpeed("player") DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Speed: %d yds/sec, %.1f kph, %.1f mph, %d%% normal run speed",x,x*3600/1093.6133,x*45/22,x/7*100))

Edit: It also seems that the "less hindered by movement reducing effects" effect is not working to its full potential on most slows. Ex: Crippling poison will only let you move at 35% of normal movement speed while in ghost wolf.

#18 Migosha

Migosha

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

For French users : Acuité - Sort - World of Warcraft's tooltip says you gain 1% more mana per point while the ingame effect is 1% more critical strike chance per point. The Tooltip of the English version of the game says it right : Acuity - Spell - World of Warcraft.
The funny part being that two weeks ago this tooltip was "Increase your mana pool by 2%", they changed the 2% by the effective 1% but forgot to change 'mana' by 'critical strike chance'. So this is still missleading.

#19 stassart

stassart

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

Feral Spirits when set to defensive when you resummon them behave as if they are set to aggressive. If each time you summon them you set them to passive and then back to defensive they behave as defensive for that summon.

If you just leave them set to passive they stay set passive. You can macro /petattack into some of your abilities to get them to attack your target while in passive as a workaround.

Blizzard bug thread: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [BUG] Feral Spirit AI

Fixed since 3.3: Bash autocast seems to actually listen to the setting now and retain it.

#20 posefant

posefant

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

I noticed that my FE (Flame Elemental) spawns on Totem cast, then disappears after a couple of second when I test an enhancement shaman priority on the HC Dummy in Orgrimmar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users