• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#21 molinator11

molinator11

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

Bind Elemental is classified as a Nature spell, but Nature's Swiftness does not make it an instant cast. With frost mage pets being permanent, it's likely we'll run into situations where this could be useful. I hope it gets changed before the new arena season starts.

#22 Emerwyn

Emerwyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

I've recently returned to WoW to prepare for Cataclysm, and I've noticed that besides the Searing Flames crit bug, there are other abilities that do not have proper critical values.

These are the Flameshock DoT and the Flametongue hits. Both seem to have a crit value between 20 and 25%, which is way below both the melee and spell critical values in every other of my attacks.

I just don't know if that is intended or yet another bug.

#23 Bainato

Bainato

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

I've recently returned to WoW to prepare for Cataclysm, and I've noticed that besides the Searing Flames crit bug, there are other abilities that do not have proper critical values.

These are the Flameshock DoT and the Flametongue hits. Both seem to have a crit value between 20 and 25%, which is way below both the melee and spell critical values in every other of my attacks.

I just don't know if that is intended or yet another bug.

Flametongue and Flame shock hits/ticks should be using your normal spell crit. Stormstrike was changed in 4.0.1 to increase your nature spell attacks (LB/CL/Lighting Shield/ES) chance to crit your target by 25%, 33% with the glyph, instead of a straight increase to nature damage so those attacks will have a much higher crit %.

Edit: Included quote for clarity.

#24 Asirae

Asirae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Has anyone noticed that Water Walking doesn't work consistently? I cast it on myself in BG to walk across water to the Blacksmith in AB, and I sink to the bottom. I swim about 20 yards away, cast it again and it works fine.

I did a daily quest to spread Fresh Chum on myself ... but I wanted to Water Walking and Ghostwolf to get away from the Silver Blade boat in Icecrown, only to sink down in the water. I chummed there and finished the quest, but it seems like the Water Walking doesn't always keep me on top of the water.
- A

#25 Falcon213

Falcon213

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Has anyone noticed that Water Walking doesn't work consistently? I cast it on myself in BG to walk across water to the Blacksmith in AB, and I sink to the bottom. I swim about 20 yards away, cast it again and it works fine.

I did a daily quest to spread Fresh Chum on myself ... but I wanted to Water Walking and Ghostwolf to get away from the Silver Blade boat in Icecrown, only to sink down in the water. I chummed there and finished the quest, but it seems like the Water Walking doesn't always keep me on top of the water.

I've noticed this with levitate as well. These abilities used to fail sometimes with specific camera positioning, but now it seems to happen even with more normal angles.

#26 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

It seems to be a result of a change to the water itself, not the abilities that allow walking above water. I've noticed water walking fail while fishing since 4.0.1, but I've also noticed that swimming along the surface of the water (on a non-shaman alt) can fail -- the game will force my character to dive.

#27 fhnhf

fhnhf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

I am not sure if this is a bug or working as intended but with the previous patch I saw a significant decrease in earthquakes damage. It went from ~1900 to ~500 damage over the course of the patch and now seems to be unaffected by changes in spell power. I am at work at the moment and will get more accurate information when I get home.
Can anyone else confirm this damage change?

#28 Falcon213

Falcon213

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

I am not sure if this is a bug or working as intended but with the previous patch I saw a significant decrease in earthquakes damage. It went from ~1900 to ~500 damage over the course of the patch and now seems to be unaffected by changes in spell power. I am at work at the moment and will get more accurate information when I get home.
Can anyone else confirm this damage change?

Confirmed by Blue (source):

Thanks for all the reports, I have confirmed that Earthquake is not scaling with spellpower at the moment; our developers are aware of this and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue until then!

#29 simpoe

simpoe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

sorry if this has been mentioned already but i was playing around with haste and flame shock. So i wanted to check how often flame shock ticked in my current enhance gear and it showed every 1.98 seconds (w/ 669 haste). So i then put my restoration set on which has roughly 1k haste and the duration between ticks has jumped up to 2.3 seoconds. I'm not sure if this was an intended change or not.

#30 Falcon213

Falcon213

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

sorry if this has been mentioned already but i was playing around with haste and flame shock. So i wanted to check how often flame shock ticked in my current enhance gear and it showed every 1.98 seconds (w/ 669 haste). So i then put my restoration set on which has roughly 1k haste and the duration between ticks has jumped up to 2.3 seoconds. I'm not sure if this was an intended change or not.

Something is wrong there, but it's on your end? I just tested this to check. I wore enhance gear and removed my offhand (resulting in 659 haste rating) and flameshocked a target dummy. I then switched to a resto spec with the same gear. Both resulted in ticks that were 2.14 seconds apart.

Edit-- I just did the same test in my restoration gear (1268 haste rating) and although I received slightly different numbers between specs they were well within combat log error, at about ~1.88 seconds.

My guess to your discrepancy is that you took the average of the time between ticks, but forgot to add the extra tick in your resto test.

#31 doogless

doogless

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

Earthquake currently does not get the pushback resistance that other spells do. With Totem of the Tranquil Mind down, elemental spells should suffer no pushback (70% from the spec + 30% from the totem). This works with other spells, but not Earthquake. I posted a bug report, so hopefully it gets fixed.

#32 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

What 70% from spec?

#33 doogless

doogless

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

What 70% from spec?

MMO-Champion BlueTracker

"We just changed the base pushback resistance so that we didn't have to duplicate the same passive bonus in every tree."

Casters, or at least Shaman and Warlocks for sure since I've tested those two, now innately have 70% spell pushback resistance, although it's not listed as a bonus for the tree. With Totem of the Tranquil Mind down, I suffer no pushback on any of my spells except Earthquake. I assume the behavior of all the other spells to be intended and Earthquake the mistake.

#34 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

MMO-Champion BlueTracker

"We just changed the base pushback resistance so that we didn't have to duplicate the same passive bonus in every tree."

Casters, or at least Shaman and Warlocks for sure since I've tested those two, now innately have 70% spell pushback resistance, although it's not listed as a bonus for the tree. With Totem of the Tranquil Mind down, I suffer no pushback on any of my spells except Earthquake. I assume that the behavior of all the other spells to be intended and Earthquake the outlier.

They really need to define that better. Mages of any spec get 0 pushback resistance. Shaman of any spec get 70% (enhancement gets 70% too).

#35 Horac

Horac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

They really need to define that better. Mages of any spec get 0 pushback resistance. Shaman of any spec get 70% (enhancement gets 70% too).

Mages have to talent for pushback. Burning Soul They are the only class that still need to spend talents for it as I recall. The old Eye of the Storm Bonus for elemental did not list Earth Quake and did not give EQ pushback resistance according to posts on the beta forums going back at least as far as the 15 second cooldown.

#36 tongz

tongz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but I have been able to dual wield as resto and elemental on my shaman since the 4.0 patch. I thought the talent reset for shaman in the latest patch would correct this, but I am still able to dual wield.

While the lack of a shield is lamentable in PvP, having two earthliving or flametongue weapons is quite nice for everything else.

#37 titansol20

titansol20

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

That is a bug. I remember warriors had the thing when they would switch from furry to another spec.

#38 Grymoire

Grymoire

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

[quote name='tongz']I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but I have been able to dual wield as resto and elemental on my shaman since the 4.0 patch.[QUOTE]

I think this has been fixed (at least half fixed), just tried this last night, while it still showing the off hand when switch back to elemental, the stats on the offhand didn't get added anymore.

#39 stassart

stassart

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

I assume this is a bug and it only started happening a couple days ago. Prior to that for when I cast Unleash Elements I used to get an earthliving proc on myself even when I healed someone else. I figured it was due to the buff on myself causing earthliving to proc, but that is no longer happening.

If I cast Unleash Elements with Earthliving Weapon (Unleash Earthliving) on myself, it does not heal me. If I cast it on someone else, the heal goes through fine. I get the 20% buff either way. I also have Unleash Elements sometimes heal the last person I healed rather than my current target, but I haven't figured out what conditions cause this to happen.

Unleash Earthliving - Forums - World of Warcraft

#40 Photek

Photek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

I assume this is a bug and it only started happening a couple days ago. Prior to that for when I cast Unleash Elements I used to get an earthliving proc on myself even when I healed someone else. I figured it was due to the buff on myself causing earthliving to proc, but that is no longer happening.

If I cast Unleash Elements with Earthliving Weapon (Unleash Earthliving) on myself, it does not heal me. If I cast it on someone else, the heal goes through fine. I get the 20% buff either way. I also have Unleash Elements sometimes heal the last person I healed rather than my current target, but I haven't figured out what conditions cause this to happen.

Unleash Earthliving - Forums - World of Warcraft

It's working perfectly right, just tested in game to cast it on me and the heal went on me. Heals going to the last person you targeted instead on the one you are targeting is probably an issue with interface lag, you switch target but the game still recognizes you on your last target, happened to me sometimes in the past, especially if using addons like SpeedyActions or SnowfallKeyPress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users