• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Kaejin

Kaejin

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

I use this tool frequently to manually plan out how to reforge my gear. I like it quite a bit but the biggest flaw I constantly have to deal with is that there's no obvious way to simply remove a piece of gear. This is annoying when switching between DW and 2h weapons (say I wanted to plan reforging for both DW Frost and 2h Frost), and I usually end up having to find an off-hand with no stats to use in addition to the 2h weapon as a work-around.
Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh.

#42 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Chest: +20 stats, the 20 spirit won't be taken into account for Spirit+Hit restrictions
Bracer: +50 spirit not recognized
Random items from throne of four winds still not in :\
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#43 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

I use this tool frequently to manually plan out how to reforge my gear. I like it quite a bit but the biggest flaw I constantly have to deal with is that there's no obvious way to simply remove a piece of gear. This is annoying when switching between DW and 2h weapons (say I wanted to plan reforging for both DW Frost and 2h Frost), and I usually end up having to find an off-hand with no stats to use in addition to the 2h weapon as a work-around.

This should be easy to fix, I'll sneak that in in the next release.

I assume wowreforge uses some form of recursive algorithm to achieve its results? There needs to be an iteration added where it compares the value of "a reforge that minimizes inferior stats, but includes wasted stats" (my result) to "a reforge that has no wasted stats, but might be leaving inferior stats unchanged on some items" (wowreforge result). You could optimize this addition by making this comparison only run when the results include an item which has 2 stats has the superior stat reforged away instead of the inferior one.

On a completely unrelated note: Is it possible to make the reforge script run on more than one processor core, or is this a limited by the browser?

1. Yes, at this time wowreforge prioritizes correctness of the solution over EP-cost of the reforging (cost is in terms of EP, not gold). I am working on algorithm to do it EP-driven while accounting for cap.

2. Calculations are done in JS (as you figured it out), so I am limited to what browser lets me use. I might be adding a silverlight component to implement calculations, silverlight 1) falter 2) multithreaded (multicor-able).

As far as I know, wowreforge.com doesn't use an exhaustive search for the best combination of reforges, but rather stays within close limits of what you've chosen.
There has been tremendous progress in the rogue community regarding reforging tools, maybe some sort of cooperation could be beneficial.

http://elitistjerks...._reforger_tool/
http://elitistjerks....ing_calculator/

It does run exhaustive search. The problem is that it tries to get correct solution, not necessarily most EP-efficient (but it does pick most EP-efficient among equally correct ones).

Thanks for the pointers, I'll contact those tools to see if we can cooperate.

--Roman

Chest: +20 stats, the 20 spirit won't be taken into account for Spirit+Hit restrictions
Bracer: +50 spirit not recognized
Random items from throne of four winds still not in :\

Enchants should be fixed now.
Give me couple days for <random enchant> items.

#44 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have added following new features to WoW Reforge Calculator

1. Random enchants are now imported and displayed.
2. There is an option to empty a slot.
3. Score (EP) delta is displayed for each item (to indicate how reforging have affected slot score).

also
Reforgerade (addon) have added support for wowreforge.com It allows you to export reforging result from wowreforge.com into the game.

#45 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

I have added following new features to WoW Reforge Calculator

1. Random enchants are now imported and displayed.
2. There is an option to empty a slot.
3. Score (EP) delta is displayed for each item (to indicate how reforging have affected slot score).

also
Reforgerade (addon) have added support for wowreforge.com It allows you to export reforging result from wowreforge.com into the game.

WoW Reforge Calculator
The ring from throne of the four winds is not recognised for me, or just a display thing?
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#46 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

The ring from throne of the four winds is not recognised for me, or just a display thing?

I have added new seed value, I hope there is a limited number of those blizzard uses. Apparently my theory about seeds was wrong, so many random enchantment items do not show up properly.

#47 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

I have added new seed value, I hope there is a limited number of those blizzard uses. Please let me know if you see anything else missing.

Works now, nice :)
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.

#48 Makke

Makke

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

As a elemental shaman i use SimulationCraft to calc my dps/eps and select gear from there and further forward. In simulation craft there is a calculated EP where there is links to Lootrank with the EPs from the calculation.

A suggestion would be if you could have the same kind of EP export to wowreforge to calculate your correct reforges from a EP perspective you just calculated with SimC.

#49 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

As a elemental shaman i use SimulationCraft to calc my dps/eps and select gear from there and further forward. In simulation craft there is a calculated EP where there is links to Lootrank with the EPs from the calculation.

A suggestion would be if you could have the same kind of EP export to wowreforge to calculate your correct reforges from a EP perspective you just calculated with SimC.

If wowreforge supports scalefactors communicated via an encoded link, I will be happy to add it to SimC export.

#50 necro_potence

necro_potence

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

If wowreforge supports scalefactors communicated via an encoded link, I will be happy to add it to SimC export.

Or they could reuse either pawn or rhadatip to avoid excessively flooding it (there are at least 3 optimizers besides this and my own in this forum section, and others could come up in the future).
Lead developer of the definitive java-based Gear, Gem and Reforge Optimizer.

#51 baytar

baytar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

I also wanted to point out that we also launched another wow reforge optimizer, namely ReforgeMaster.com.

We claim to provide best possible optimization results with proper inputs. Therefore your feedbacks are much appreciated there to make it even better as we want to close the gap of our delayed start of about 3 months :)

#52 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Pawn and RhadaTip are a format that one must cut-and-paste which makes it a bit ugly on the output reports. We don't mind providing them, but yeah.... If we are talking cut-n-paste, then please just reuse the pawn/rhadatip formats because we already export those.

However, if your tool is a web-app (as opposed to a download, java or otherwise) then I am more inclined to add specific support because I don't need to include yet another text field in the output. Instead, I could provide a link where all the coefficients are hidden under the covers.

For example: H T T P://your_cool_tool.site/planner/REGION/SERVER/CHARACTER?int=3.5,sp=2.0,crit=1.7,etc

We do similar things for lootrank so that the side-by-side comparisons to currently equipped gear works.

EDIT: Just to be clear: When you run SimulationCraft it generates a detailed html report. This report can contain links to live sites. When you ask us to calculate scale factors, then we also include links to sites like wowhead and lootrank for gear ranking. If you have a reforger/gemmer/whatever site, we would be happy to include links to those sites provided you use a consistent API to communicate the the scale factors in the link itself. And by "consistent" I mean the string literals returned by util_t::stat_type_string() or util_t::stat_type_abbrev() found here: sc_util.cpp - simulationcraft - Project Hosting on Google Code

#53 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

good news everyone!
I have compared wowreforge to Korner's optimizer, and bsoft's java-based optimizer, and got identical results in both cases.

#54 baytar

baytar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

good news everyone!
I have compared wowreforge to Korner's optimizer, and bsoft's java-based optimizer, and got identical results in both cases.

Hey Roman (jizzi), can you provide the data you tested along with the input considitions so we can also test it on ReforgeMaster? I want to see how all other optimization algorithms are catching up with the one we got on reforgemaster.

#55 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

I am excited about this feature, please leave positive feedback, or any kind feedback.

There is a new button on the reforging page "Template Link" this button will generate a URL that encodes stat weights, caps, and reforging instructions entered in the calculator. Best thing is that this link is character-agnostic. This URL can be used by anybody to apply encoded instructions on their own character.

So next time somebody asks on EJ how to reforge a Survival Hunter, instead of listing same numbers and suggesting to go to wowreforge, you can simply paste a template link. When clicked, it will open wowreforge.com site (with last used character by default), and will auto-fill weights and caps, but only if template was created for the same spec as character loaded. If you clicked on rogue's template, but last character you viewed was a paladin, not to worry - you can change character, and if newly elected character fits the template, template will be applied.

Note: Template information is stored in the session, so weights will be reverted back to defaults in about 5 minutes, or if you close the browser.

Last but not least, every time I see a template link used on the Internet - makes me want to add another cool feature.

Thank you for your continuing support, and your patience.
-- Jizi

#56 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:09 AM

I used this Combat Rogue Class Template

Using stat weights from bsoft's latest optimizer (see the link for weights).

Here is the result of wowreforge.com optimization

Character used battle.net link

And this is output of bsoft's optimizer:
Stats with recommended reforgings (EP = 5486.9):
  Hit: 665
  Mastery: 527
  Haste: 1434
  Expertise: 781
  Crit: 590

#57 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Baytar, I'm trying to figure out how to get same results from RM. What values should I enter?

#58 baytar

baytar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Baytar, I'm trying to figure out how to get same results from RM. What values should I enter?

On ReforgeMaster.com
So I'm assuming our target stats are 665 hit and 781 exp.

I enter those 2 as target stats
and the weights as I wish (to be consistent with wowreforge, I entered 14 and 16 as weights).

Hit optimize.

Voila!

1st option exact match, 2nd and 3rd options with 1 point closest matches.

You could also do the same thing with as many stats as you want, and takes LESS THAN 0.1 seconds to calculate each optimization.

#59 jizzi

jizzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

WoW Reforge lets you equip PTR items.
Thought I would mention this, since it seems like there are many of those who are seeking to play with PTR gear.

#60 Iroared

Iroared

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

I made an addon that calculates optimal reforging strategy without leaving the game, it can be found on curse here:
ReforgeLite - Addons - Curse
Its still in beta stage, I haven't tested spirit-to-hit at all, and some convenience features are to be added.
It uses a fairly efficient precise algorithm, but lua is so restrictive that it runs out of memory when 2 caps are used on 85 characters, so it has an option to lose some precision to make it work. The results are still reasonably good, and it can be re-run multiple times to try and achieve a better result (it only takes a couple seconds each time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users