Photo

Warning for Moozhe: 2. All opinions should be stated as succinctly as possible.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

User: Moozhe
Infraction: 2. All opinions should be stated as succinctly as possible.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Be careful with the quote-splitting.

Original Post:

The conclusive way to prove it happens later is to do exactly what you are doing, have it not come up, then do 1 more attack and have it apply then. I have not managed to do that I only have the combat logs. It's nice to have someone else test this -- I have high latency so I may be seeing odd effects.

I tried about 40 times and did not see any procs off of melee hits consuming Bloodthirst charges. There are 3 charges per Bloodthirst so if it was doing this the Battle Trance proc rate would be around 3x higher than it should be. I am going to assume it is working as intended.

What I do know is if I macro BT and HS together (in that order) the HS will not consume Battle Trance if it procs from that BT. Can you test if that is the case for you, as I have seen a number of recommendations to do that and it might be a very bad idea.

I have done some more testing and I think I have invalidated my original conclusion. Battle Trance is proccing off BT itself but there's definitely a delay before it does, and for me it looks like it can be half a second or more.

This may be a latency effect of some kind, my latency is about 260ms. Nevertheless it is long enough that BT and HS macroed together is a bad idea.

There is always going to be a delay with procs like this. The game server has to do the roll to determine the proc, and communicate to the client when a proc goes off. The higher your latency the longer it will be before you see the proc.

And macroing Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike together will never work for consuming the proc, no matter how low your latency.

This makes it even more important to consume the Battle Trance with Heroic Strike, as otherwise you will be removing a percentage of your Battle Trance procs

Since both Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike have a 3 second cooldown, you should always be able to Heroic Strike to consume your Battle Trance without issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users