• This topic is locked This topic is locked
862 replies to this topic

#41 Ren

Ren

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

Also, say goodbye to ever seeing certain elixirs...Empowerment and Strength for starters, and quite possibly Mastery, depending on how it is classed.

Warriors and feral druids will still be using Elixirs of Major Strength; tanks will still be using Mastery.

#42 Lodekim

Lodekim

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

This alchemy change as listed accomplishes next to nothing. I'd save one potion (mastery) which I usually don't use anyway because I can't afford that with everything else, and the upgrade isn't that big compared to the price.

I still give a chance because Nethera did mention that these were not the full changes, but as is, nothing is fixed at all.

#43 Maledict

Maledict

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

I'm holding to the hope that this is simply a publicity view of the upcoming changes, and that they don't want to mention major nerfs to alchemy before the patch notes come out, given the effects that could have on the economy and the casual player etc.

Any other answer probably means the days of my guild raiding at a decent level are over, and I don;t want to face up to that as it probably means the end of the game for me. It's just not *fun* anymore using up mana pots like water every week, on top of al the elixirs, stat food oils and flasks.

#44 Bliss

Bliss

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Warriors and feral druids will still be using Elixirs of Major Strength; tanks will still be using Mastery.

Unless you really need the 200 hp, Fel Strength Elixir is going to add more AP.

#45 Erongg

Erongg

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Remember, Tigole said:

We’re making substantial changes to the way certain consumables work . In particular, Flasks and Elixirs are going to undergo major changes. More information will be available later on. We want Flasks and Elixirs to be a part of the game. We want alchemy to be a cool, needed profession. But we want to remove the tedium and cost from the massive consumable farming that’s going on for endgame raiding. We’ll provide more information soon – but for now, expect big changes to Flasks and Elixirs.

They'll fix more.

#46 roquer

roquer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:47 PM

I'd like to see a breakdown of which elixirs fall under which categories. If someone with the german client wouldn't mind posting them, I'd appreciate it.

#47 Shadout

Shadout

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

Um, there must be more to the consumable changes, or Blizz is so out of touch :(
Guess we just have to wait and see, again.

Not only will it still be expensive to use them (maybe even more so if everyone fcous on the same elixirs), but the issue about potting up being so much more of a buff than items can ever give isnt addressed at all here.

#48 Lithose

Lithose

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

Unless they change elixers to last through death, I am underwhelmed...

Can anyone give me a reason why elixers evaporate on death? Even lasting through death, you will still need 2-3 a night (of each type) to do an entire raid, this, to me, seems like more then enough buisness for the servers alchemists, without pushing it to 15 or so a night for learning ect.

#49 Bluefish

Bluefish

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

I think we can all agree Primalstrike isn't worth getting LW to 375, much less making or wearing. What stats WOULD make it exciting? With LW being the massive pain in the butt that it is (potentially less massive after the skinning change, but c'mon, farming primals for skillups sucks) it would take something like agi/stam/ap/hit/sockets to tempt me, or stam/ap/hit/crit/sockets. The Hunter/Shaman one is stam/int/ap/crit/mp5/sockets, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Primalstrike to get MUCH better.

One band-aid to LW that would INSTANTLY make the tradeskill much more appealing? Drums of Restoration trainable. Those things just scream overpowered -- 31 mp5 / hp5 for the PARTY. The fact that the recipe is an un-farmable world drop is ridiculously asinine.

#50 Cryect

Cryect

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

If a feral druid uses Elixir of Major Strength instead of Major Agility and its not because they have excess major strength laying around well shame on them.

Edit: and I expect warriors to use Fel Strength Elixirs unless stamina is an issue.

#51 Ren

Ren

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:57 PM

Unless you really need the 200 hp, Fel Strength Elixir is going to add more AP.

Fel Strength is better than Major Strength for sure, but the former takes more mats. I would use Major Strength on farm fights for example, and save Fel Strength for new encounters.

#52 Quasar

Quasar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

Elixir of Major Agility is going to be by far the most used Elixir when this goes through. Screw Onslaught and Major Strength.
JUICE! Aww I'm sorry. Did... did anyone want some juice?

#53 Gaspode

Gaspode

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

Fel Strength is better than Major Strength for sure, but the former takes more mats. I would use Major Strength on farm fights for example, and save Fel Strength for new encounters.

This could also be the start of a new problem. Everyone is going to obviously want to best elixir possible, and for all melee, this probably means Fel Strength and lots of competition for the mats for Fel Strength. I don't want to be 'forced' into taking a less powerful elixir because its impossible to get the herbs for the best one, and im sure neither does anyone else. On the other hand, lesser is better then nothing and im sure the difference isn't THAT huge, I could potentially use Moongoose Elixirs.

#54 Monsanto

Monsanto

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

To be honest, I'd consider the fel strength easier to make than major strength, just because I don't want to go back to the old world to farm mountain silversage. With an epic flying mount, herbing in The Outlands is a breeze.

#55 snape

snape

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

There is Mountain Silversage in Outland.

#56 Murasame

Murasame

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

I think I almost teared up a little when I read this. I already knew that blizz basically gave up on skinning, but to not even list the one change under skinning put the nail in the coffin. Skinning isn't leather working ver of disenchanting. Its a stand alone proff. Glad to see that now instead of 1 leather scrap for a 72elite I'll get 2. That totally solves the problem. /end sarcasm
Posted Image

#57 Ochiba

Ochiba

Oatmeal Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

I think I almost teared up a little when I read this. I already knew that blizz basically gave up on skinning, but to not even list the one change under skinning put the nail in the coffin. Skinning isn't leather working ver of disenchanting. Its a stand alone proff. Glad to see that now instead of 1 leather scrap for a 72elite I'll get 2. That totally solves the problem. /end sarcasm

Talk about emo, I'm sure it was just an oversight that they put this change under leatherworking and not skinning. I'm not sure what your beef is over the change either, the lack of increased leather at higher levels was a significant issue from my experience skinning in beta.

#58 Ziggurat

Ziggurat

oop dat me

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

At this point, they should either add in something useful to skinning or simply fold it into leatherworking.

Mining raw materials feeds into both smithing and jewelcrafting, as well as providing rare materials for both.

#59 Murasame

Murasame

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

Talk about emo, I'm sure it was just an oversight that they put this change under leatherworking and not skinning. I'm not sure what your beef is over the change either, the lack of increased leather at higher levels was a significant issue from my experience skinning in beta.

I personally don't have a problem with 1leather per high lvl mob. Its when its 1leather SCRAP per high lvl mob that annoys me. Why am I still getting scraps from 72 elites? I hope they have something worthwhile that they didn't note in that thread for skinning. For example there was a thread in the general forums on ideas to enhance skinning. One of the ideas was to let mots also drop when you skinn certain mobs.
Posted Image

#60 Necrotoid

Necrotoid

WoW Forums Refugee

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

What an interesting idea .... how much would it affect the game if skinning was a leatherworking skill, and not a standalone?

EDIT: Ziggurat beat me.
DOT and rot.
Travian: Phased Weasel, -144 | 61, Damascus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users