#1 Geo

Geo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:18 AM

The most recent blue sticky on the WoW forums

http://forums.worldo...=94299429&sid=1

The next content patch and the opening of the now defiled Black Temple, home of Illidan and his minions has long been known. However, the patch is also introducing a great deal of new solo and 5-person content as well, with new rewards, factions, outdoor bosses, and items. As we’re approaching the release of the patch we wanted to share a glimpse into some of the upcoming content that hadn’t yet been confirmed for this next patch, or hadn’t even been heard of until now.

Druid Epic Flight Form

The Druid Epic flight form will be available through a series of quests, similar to the Warlock and Paladin Epic mount quests before it. This quest series will also open up a new boss in Sethekk Halls, and ultimately to the epic flight form.

Ethereum Prison

Players in good standing with the Consortium will be tasked to deal with the most recent activities of the nefarious Ethereum. With new quests, items, and content for the solo and small-group level 70 player, the Ethereum Prison will be the proving grounds for many aspiring to greatness.

Skettis

The Skyguard, Sha’tari warriors specializing in their command of the skies above Shattrath, have taken the offensive directly to the Arakkoa capital city, Skettis. Perched high in the mountains of Terrokar, and only accessible with use of a flying mount, Skettis holds new and exciting content for the solo or small-group level 70 player. All new quests, 5-person bosses, rare and epic items, and a new type of flying mount await those willing to lend their sword or stave to the battle.

Nether Drake

The Netherwing faction and quest line continues and the long awaited Nether Drake becomes available. The Nether Drake is a special 280% speed epic flying mount that is obtainable through solo and small-group play. The quest to obtain one will be difficult, but the reward will surely show your dedication to the Netherwing cause as you soar through the skies of Outland on your very own ethereal drake.

Ogri’la

The Ogre plateau of enlightenment opens to those who prove their worth in Blade’s Edge Mountains. Level 70 players will be able to help the Ogres of Ogri’la battle invading forces and engage in new and exciting quests, such as a repeatable and ever popular bombing-run, this time using your own flying mount but with a dangerous twist! Featuring tons of new quests, the Ogri’la faction, 5-person bosses, and rare and epic items, Ogri’la is a place we’re hoping all will aspire to enter.

#2 Geo

Geo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:19 AM

Sounds like a lot of casual stuff is coming which i think is great even for the raider. Something to do other then farm or rep grind

#3 Robespierre

Robespierre

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:21 AM

I'm very excited.

#4 Kasi

Kasi

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

So does all this 5 man stuff mean outdoors stuff or new 5 man instances? I'm hoping for the later, but it's still great news either way because it shows that casual content wasn't frontloaded in the expac.

#5 Bryne

Bryne

The Treachery of Forums

•  Patrons
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

2.1.0, or, "Hurry up and farm that epic flying mount so you can check out all this sweet new content!"

Ah, who's kidding, everyone loves bombing stuff. How many times have I heard "This is great, but I wish I could throw these bombs from my own mount..."

#6 Nakilos

Nakilos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:27 AM

More content is more content, but it sounds like outdoor content. I can't tell if they are trying to replicate the EQ-esque, or its just a fancy way of saying "Skettis now has a few quests up there if you need something to do between mana thistle cycles" basically.

#7 Rane

Rane

King Hippo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:27 AM

I hope that Netherdrake quest is actually difficult, not "throw another 5000 gold at it" difficult. I'd love to run through a good series of quests for it and some instances, but it better not require 50 of each primal to make a saddle for my new mount, if you catch my drift.

Still, looks awesome. Something extra to grind on and look forward to is always welcome. Perhaps the extra rewards also include more profession-based stuf.

#8 Copernicus

Copernicus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:34 AM

So does all this 5 man stuff mean outdoors stuff or new 5 man instances? I'm hoping for the later, but it's still great news either way because it shows that casual content wasn't frontloaded in the expac.

I'm assuming outdoor content. The post also mentions outdoor bosses and factions, but that part is easy to overlook.

However, the patch is also introducing a great deal of new solo and 5-person content as well, with new rewards, factions, outdoor bosses, and items.

#9 Geo

Geo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:39 AM

This next patch sounds like it is going to be huge. We have profession fixes (or nerfs which ever side your on), raid fixes, casual content, raid content (see:black temple even though it will be buggy as all hell with a guess), melee damage balancing.

One of the main things that excites me is that the one thing TBC got oh so very right is the quest system. Putting more quests in with all new unseen content is a great idea thats open to casuals, raiders, pvpers alike.

All thats left as far as details is class fixes which many of us meleers are anxious to see.

#10 Kasi

Kasi

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:40 AM

Yeah I was talking to my wife about it. Sounds like Silithus part 2, but only talking about the 5 man summonable mobs.

#11 Nakilos

Nakilos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:44 AM

Thats actually a good analogy. Here is hoping it isn't designed like Silithus.

#12 Geo

Geo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:47 AM

Thats actually a good analogy. Here is hoping it isn't designed like Silithus.

/flashback of CH rep and badge farming

/gets really pissed off and quits

#13 Liryn

Liryn

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:52 AM

/flashback of CH rep and badge farming

/gets really pissed off and quits

LOL. *is Kasi's wife* Yeah, we said it better only be
like Silithus in the summonable-5-man-bosses aspect...

#14 Nakilos

Nakilos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

My biggest annoyance with Silithus is lets have random badge quests, some will be really fast, some will be really annoying hard to get to low spawn count mobs, and be forced to watch that down syndrome NPC fight that bug every 5 minutes. Thats fun.

#15 Geo

Geo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:59 AM

LOL. *is Kasi's wife* Yeah, we said it better only be
like Silithus in the summonable-5-man-bosses aspect...

Nothing says stupid as "please <insert name> please bring us level 18 crafted swords so that we may battle the level 60 elite bugs"

At that point I quit my earthstrike farming immediately and didn't partake in another stupid rep grind such as that until BC

#16 Kaigami

Kaigami

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:12 AM

Nothing says stupid as "please <insert name> please bring us level 18 crafted swords so that we may battle the level 60 elite bugs"

At that point I quit my earthstrike farming immediately and didn't partake in another stupid rep grind such as that until BC

You didn't like that?

/sarcasm.

God i hope it really isn't silithus MKII. I'd QQ because this content sounds oh-so good as i farm KZ and gruul over and over.

2 new types of flying mounts, lots of quests, new epic rewards. I dont particularly see how it could be bad though.

#17 Dozer

Dozer

I know a dead parrot when I see one

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:16 AM

This patch is going to be on PTR for three months

#18 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:16 AM

At first I didn't think it was such a bad thing, no cynical/negative thoughts went through my mind except that I would have to do more Setthek Halls for my epic flying form, now that Silithus has been mentioned I cant help get rid of the dread in my mind about things.

I am curious where exactly these things will be located however (except Skettis), and the size of the places, because on a PvP server... and the itemization of all these new rewards, outdoor boss drops, and factions, is it really a good idea to build an extension on an unstable house?

#19 Gauss

Gauss

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:25 AM

The entirety of goon squad was farming kurenei rep in nagrand for weeks to get talbuk mounts. I can only imagine what this will be like.
Noobing it up on Mal'Ganis since '06

#20 Teenee

Teenee

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

How on earth did it take you weeks to farm Kurenai rep? I did Argent Dawn, and *that* took weeks (3 or so, 3-4 hours daily). I think it took most of my guildies a few days. Rep grinds are quite friendly IMO, compared to say AD or even worse, CC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users