• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 Kaigami

Kaigami

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:42 AM

How on earth did it take you weeks to farm Kurenai rep? I did Argent Dawn, and *that* took weeks (3 or so, 3-4 hours daily). I think it took most of my guildies a few days. Rep grinds are quite friendly IMO, compared to say AD or even worse, CC.

I think he was referring to other people as the goon squad.

As in every stupid orgrimmar jockey was farming nagrand for kurenai rep over the early few weeks of BC.

And yes i can imagine these area's will be absoultely SWAMPED if most of this is outdoor content. Especially solo rep grinds.

<3 PvE server

#22 Sapp

Sapp

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:30 AM

I think he was referring to other people as the goon squad.

He was referring to <Goon Squad>, an absolutely tremendous guild system with numerous splinters and so on, derived from www.somethingawful.com forums membership.

It is also the sort-of guild collective that Elitist Jerks itself was distilled from in the distant past.

#23 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:36 AM

goon squad is horde they cant farm kurenai rep!

#24 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,801 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:40 AM

It is also the sort-of guild collective that Elitist Jerks itself was distilled from in the distant past.

Formed in parallel to!

#25 Vhex

Vhex

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:45 AM

I think you should post all the apps you get and let us choose the finalists for you. EJ Idol we could call it. With a talent and swimsuit competition.

#26 sovelis41

sovelis41

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:54 AM

This patch is going to be on PTR for three months

Seriously, it willl probably take a week to get the bugs straightened out after it's released as well.

#27 Northerner

Northerner

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:00 AM

Seriously, it willl probably take a week to get the bugs straightened out after it's released as well.

If that isn't optimism, I don't know what is!

Cynicism aside though, I will be intrigued to see if they can learn from past mistakes and develop more small group content along these lines. Apart from the way that 2.1 is bloating into a nightmarish size, it is good to see them continuing to expand content at all levels.

#28 torrent495

torrent495

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:50 AM

I was wondering what Skettis was for! Now I have to say that Blizzard surprised me... three new level 70 quest hubs. That's pretty damn nice, even if collectively they're just on the level of, say, Silithus. And it sounds like the content is significantly more expansive than that.

I suspect 2.1 is the dump for everything that the devs didn't finish in time for the release date--unfinished level 70 content, Black Temple, high-end raid balancing, general profession polishing. That's probably why it's so bloated, a "one-and-done" sort of patch. Perhaps even the last major content patch for The Burning Crusade. I wonder what happened to Zul'Aman...

#29 hellsoap

hellsoap

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:53 AM

I imagine the netherdrake questline is going to be ridiculous, so everyone doesn't have one. Like jedis in SWG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] >>> http://www.lightdecay.com <<<

#30 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:56 AM

I was wondering what Skettis was for! Now I have to say that Blizzard surprised me... three new level 70 quest hubs. That's pretty damn nice, even if collectively they're just on the level of, say, Silithus. And it sounds like the content is significantly more expansive than that.

There had better be an instance in there because there is no way those three tiny little areas in Skettis, Nagrand (the eastern ogre area) and the consortium area in Blades Edge is going to be able to support a whole server population of lvl 70s as "quest hubs".

#31 Vontre

Vontre

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:08 AM

It wouldn't bother me honestly, I miss world pvp. Bring on the chaos!!

Wow, I had no idea all this 5-man content was planned. This is the best news I've heard in a while! Don't even care about the raiding scene after hearing this, at least I won't until it's once again the only thing left to do =p
Raiding is full of challenge. Sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire.

#32 RK

RK

Such a Cassandra

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:22 AM

They're putting lots and lots of eggs into the 2.1 basket. Time will tell.

Although three separate "new flying mount" teasers (druid, skettis, nether drake) makes me think more of Pokemon ("gotta catch them all!").

Good on Blizzard for continuing to support the casuals who support them, which they failed to do in 1.x most of the time. Definitely hope its more interesting a grind than CC or AD, though. "Bring me 10 scaled draenic leggings and you may have a pretty badge!", no, rack off, I'm killing world-menacing threats for you: you should be tripping over yourself to give me your stupid gear, not making me churn out green trade goods.

Edit: The teaser doesn't suggest to me that instances are involved- and dare I say, if they were introducing new instances, there'd be no reason for the epic flight form quest to go into Sethekk Halls. It sounds to me like they're quest-imizing some of the flying areas which people have previously said "what are thoe for?" about.

#33 Umph

Umph

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

Formed in parallel to!

Elitist Jerks is/was the Goon Squad guys from WoW closed beta.

#34 torrent495

torrent495

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:29 AM

There had better be an instance in there because there is no way those three tiny little areas in Skettis, Nagrand (the eastern ogre area) and the consortium area in Blades Edge is going to be able to support a whole server population of lvl 70s as "quest hubs".

Maybe, though Skettis for example is pretty big. Also this is in addition to all the existing instances, Halaa, Arenas, battlegrounds, etc. Probably you'll have some overcrowding right after 2.10 is released, but my sense is the "quest hubs" are going to have a lot of RRQ and faction grinding stuff, so it won't be TOO attractive.

#35 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:42 AM

Maybe, though Skettis for example is pretty big. Also this is in addition to all the existing instances, Halaa, Arenas, battlegrounds, etc. Probably you'll have some overcrowding right after 2.10 is released, but my sense is the "quest hubs" are going to have a lot of RRQ and faction grinding stuff, so it won't be TOO attractive.

I don't know... imagine the entire crowd from Shatt suddenly pouring into Skettis. Its not *really* that big of an area. The ogre area over on the west side of Nagrand (which is where I imagine they're planning to put the ogre hub, it has named elites, etc) is even smaller, perhaps half the size of Skettis? If there aren't instances there, its going to be a larger version of a PvP arena - without the arena points.

#36 arioch

arioch

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:19 AM

All they have to do to limit availability of the netherdrake mount is to put heroic quests in the line that require the likes of shattered halls.

#37 Ziggurat

Ziggurat

oop dat me

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:21 AM

I don't know... imagine the entire crowd from Shatt suddenly pouring into Skettis. Its not *really* that big of an area. The ogre area over on the west side of Nagrand (which is where I imagine they're planning to put the ogre hub, it has named elites, etc) is even smaller, perhaps half the size of Skettis? If there aren't instances there, its going to be a larger version of a PvP arena - without the arena points.

There's also a cave entrance up top, inside Skettis. I can see that being expanded pretty easily.

#38 Tipme

Tipme

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:28 AM

Skettis...you mean people are going to be intruding on my Rich Adamantite Vein secret spot =(

Anyways, they said solo and 5-man content. With all the hype(at least for me) built up on Terokk, I certainly hope he's not one of those 5-man content bosses. Should be an outside raid boss like Doomwalker/Kazzak

#39 Speeder

Speeder

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:35 AM

Skettis...you mean people are going to be intruding on my Rich Adamantite Vein secret spot =(

And i thought i am the only guy who knows this spot :)
peace MK

#40 Casual

Casual

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

My biggest annoyance with Silithus is lets have random badge quests, some will be really fast, some will be really annoying hard to get to low spawn count mobs, and be forced to watch that down syndrome NPC fight that bug every 5 minutes. Thats fun.

I had to grind about 120 Tactical Badges before I got the quest for Mark of Cenarius, back when I farmed for Earthstrike on my warrior.
Even got so frustrated I ticketed a GM, "TRADING 100 BADGES FOR MARK OF CENARIUS QUEST ". (Didnt work, heh)
Yeah random stuff like that is so lovely. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users