• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Incoherence

Incoherence

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

The entirety of goon squad was farming kurenei rep in nagrand for weeks to get talbuk mounts. I can only imagine what this will be like.

I'm expecting a flurry of activity for about a week, then the people who actually care about it will be finished and no one will bother with it ever again. See also: a good chunk of the Dungeon Set 2 quest line.

I can just hear the wheels turning in Irvine: "You know what this expansion doesn't have enough of? Reputations!" I mean, I like it better than the alternative of "run Heroic Slave Pens over and over again until my stupid belt drops", but reputation grinds can mean anything from soul-sucking like Argent Dawn/Cenarion Circle to relatively painless like Tranquillien, and I'm not holding out a whole lot of hope for the latter when it's very clear Blizzard is trying to give people something to do.

#42 Dothorio

Dothorio

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:47 AM

I think you should post all the apps you get and let us choose the finalists for you. EJ Idol we could call it. With a talent and swimsuit competition.

Oh god best idea I've heard in a while.

I even have a kickass swimsuit picture of myself that I occasionally meance my guild forums with.

#43 Sapp

Sapp

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1514 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:08 AM

Formed in parallel to!

Embarassed of your heritage, I see. How sad!

Edit: I still have my mark of cenarius in my bank. Earthstrike!!!! :argh:

#44 arioch

arioch

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:29 AM

I ground out the last bits for my Earthstrike about 3 weeks before the expansion hit. I knew about Bladefist's Breadth but I finished it anyway. I was also server 2nd (behind a rogue who's even more of a machine than I am) to complete my t0.5 :P

Netherwing should be right up my alley ... (barring some hideous long sequence of heroic quests, of course)

#45 Teez

Teez

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:54 AM

I imagine the netherdrake questline is going to be ridiculous, so everyone doesn't have one. Like jedis in SWG.

I imagine the netherdrake questline to be a joke, so everyone can have one. Like PVP epics. D:

In all seriousness though, I hope they limit it with something that'll actually keep the average idiot from completing it, and by that I don't mean ridiculous material farming or gold spending, or a Winterspring mount kind of grind, but something Shattered Halls heroic-esque. Hell, even if it was something similar to how the Hunter or Priest epic quests at 60 were designed, I'd be happy. I just don't want to see it being something that can be brute-forced by mass farming or by outnumbering an elite or whatever.

#46 PsiVen

PsiVen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:26 AM

Requiring even one tough Heroic clear would make the Netherdrakes fairly rare, to be honest. I suspect that it will involve a very long questline, high mats cost, and 2-3 Heroic tasks.

As nice as it is to have some more 5-man content, I haven't really finished what's on my plate yet. Every new feature announced about this patch succeeds at making me more convinced that raid changes won't be going in until there are literally dozens of guilds screaming about Lady Vashj.

#47 Keline

Keline

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

I hope that Netherdrake quest is actually difficult, not "throw another 5000 gold at it" difficult. I'd love to run through a good series of quests for it and some instances, but it better not require 50 of each primal to make a saddle for my new mount, if you catch my drift.

I'm more inclined to believe that the quest won't be difficult at all, rather you'll get a netherdrake that says "requires riding 300" and you have to shell out the dollars anyways. Just like the arena netherdrake. That's so incredibly cheap =(

and what would difficult be? Shattered Halls in 40 minutes? Congratulations, you rolled the wrong class for the nether drake :X

#48 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4054 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:07 AM

You will have to shell out the gold for the 300 riding skill, the same as the Druid epic mount quest will require.

I dont get why people are fazed over that point, nor the fact that its only 280% speed and only the very best Arena teams will get a 310% speed 3-4x per month and the PvE one will take an age to find and will most likely result in a v.low drop rate.

#49 IceBox

IceBox

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:09 AM

Why I got that damn feeling that the Netherdrake requires another 3 weeks of massive furbolg decimation? :>
Some Heroic Quest Chains as the Trial of the Naaru ones would be quite fine.

Those engineering headpieces sound quite interesting maybe they are even worth crafting!

Hope they finish 2.1 soon, WTS 360° CLEAVES!

#50 Rane

Rane

King Hippo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

I'm more inclined to believe that the quest won't be difficult at all, rather you'll get a netherdrake that says "requires riding 300" and you have to shell out the dollars anyways. Just like the arena netherdrake. That's so incredibly cheap =(

and what would difficult be? Shattered Halls in 40 minutes? Congratulations, you rolled the wrong class for the nether drake :X

Oh I've got my epic riding skill already, hence the "another" in there ;). And fortunately, I've rolled the perfect class for Heroics, at least on my server!

#51 Keline

Keline

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

You will have to shell out the gold for the 300 riding skill, the same as the Druid epic mount quest will require.

I dont get why people are fazed over that point,

I'm getting annoyed because I finished EVERY single quest there is and only have 3600 gold. I'm a holy paladin, I can farm maybe 10 gold an hour. I can't compete at any hot spots because I can't tag shit at 30 yard. If I want an epic flying mount ever, I'll have to buy the gold for it.

#52 Samelina

Samelina

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:29 PM

I'm getting annoyed because I finished EVERY single quest there is and only have 3600 gold. I'm a holy paladin, I can farm maybe 10 gold an hour. I can't compete at any hot spots because I can't tag shit at 30 yard. If I want an epic flying mount ever, I'll have to buy the gold for it.

Thats another thread on it's own. One where all healing spec classes and prot warriors get to bitch about this like they have done for the past 2 years. Best advice I can give, level a dps alt and farm your gold with them.

#53 BeeLz

BeeLz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

tradeskills / instances / respeccing for a few days / alt / herbing. Plenty of options

#54 songster

songster

Chief Passenger

• Members
  • 3613 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

I hope they haven't put in any easysauce way to get Consortium rep. Not until they fix the gem mailouts so the nutters among us get *some* payback from having ground to Exalted the tough way :-)

If I never kill another Zaxxis again it will be too soon.

#55 Cathela

Cathela

Still Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1707 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

While a Holy paladin is certainly not an optimal class/spec for farming, you're making it out to be far worse than it is. I was able to farm 20g an hour as a Holy spec at level 60, so I very much doubt you're really limited to 10.

If you were to go to Death's Door during non-peak hours, farm the demons, and sell the mark/armament drops, I'd be very surprised if you came in at less than 40g/hour.
My comrades are my weapons, and I am their shield.

#56 Keline

Keline

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

tradeskills / instances / respeccing for a few days / alt / herbing. Plenty of options

So I should level up another class so I can farm an epic mount for my main? That's what you consider a valid option?
Herbing is a joke without an epic mount,
respeccing for a few days is also out of the question because I can't come to raids as a retri spec and those specs don't farm that well anyways. Also doesn't have the "this one's mine" button so I still couldn't compete at hotspots.

As for instances, I'm looking at 150 heroic badges. I made 300g in that process and I'm pretty fucking tired of looking at these badges, knowing that my class was completly forgotten when Badge rewards were made. When you contemplate taking caster stuff because it's a minimal upgrade over the blue healing ring you have for 25 BoJs, something is wrong.

As for Alchemy, I'd have to invest a huge amount of time to get high enough to transmute stuff. I know I Can print 20g a day (that would still mean I'd have to wait 3 months until I could buy the epic mount, assuming I wouldn't have to pay through the nose for all the herbs I can't farm cause epic flyers beat me to the spawns most of the time.

during non-peak hours

Unfortunately I am not unemployed and can chose my playtime like that.

My point is pretty much that when people said that gold isn't a problem cause quests give so much, I knew that quests aren't repeatable and that they were wrong. I ran dry on quests a long time ago and since then my income has come to a complete hold.
5k gold for the epic mount imho is the very worst design decision Blizzard made in BC, it's even worse than 30 minute respawn trash.

#57 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4054 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

I made alot of money in instances.. normal ones.. I didn't even sell all the greens I got which could of made me a mint too. Granted back then BoEs were worth more than now but I never utilized my Mining that much early on either.

I did however make sure I had a 'money making' profession to help me there if needed, heck my old main even had tailoring that I ended up leveling so I could sell the transmutes off however this was after I got my mount :P

Being a Druid saved me 1000g or so for the 225 skill, but I never touched SMV back then so even without that freebie it would of at most taken me an extra week or two to get.

You shouldn't expect the money for an epic flying mount just from questing alone, it requires extra work however you decide to do it but I'ld not say its not that big of a challenge, you just have to adapt the ways you make the money based on your role.

PS: I started off with 1,000g~ on my account before TBC came out which went into the mount fund. If you didn't put much effort into preperations back then, then ofcourse you will be slower than those who did, heck I even knew people who made sure they had 5,000 ready and waiting before TBC came out so they could get the mount ASAP.

Anyway I digress, the mount thing is moderatly fine to me, people that want it bad enough find ways to make it happen, those that dont end up having to wait. They are something you earn, not a reward for just playing the game :)

#58 mmartinx

mmartinx

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I enjoyed getting exalted with CC/Earthstrike (server second, server first that didn't buy gold though :\ ) I'm all for rewards that everyone isn't going to get just by sort of, being around. With CC you definitely needed to make a conscious decision you were gonna go for earthstrike. In TBC its like hey wow I'm exalted with cenarion exp, who knew? Aldor is a good example, took me maybe 6-8 hours one day of farming in Legion Hold to get exalted, bleh.

#59 Brissa

Brissa

Not enough rage

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

Maybe I'm a masochist

Yes :P

#60 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

There's also a cave entrance up top, inside Skettis. I can see that being expanded pretty easily.

Its already filled, it goes back a ways and there's a big elite named cat. I'm sure its part of the quests they're doing already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users