123 replies to this topic

#121 Cth

Cth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:14 PM

And such rants anger me ;)

Whats an achievement worth when you reduce all the effort to meaningless?

Timesinks are not just there to anger you ... they serve an implicit purpose.

maybe the effort of $$ every month isnt enough. lets have customers clean toilettes before we let them see a the movie they paid for.

after playing X amount of time to be able to raid , people want to raid. not waste their time with cleaning up. dont know whats wrong with this idea. if endgame is raiding , why do players have to "waste" their (paid) time with farming ?

#122 BeeLz

BeeLz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

maybe the effort of $$ every month isnt enough. lets have customers clean toilettes before we let them see a the movie they paid for.

after playing X amount of time to be able to raid , people want to raid. not waste their time with cleaning up. dont know whats wrong with this idea. if endgame is raiding , why do players have to "waste" their (paid) time with farming ?

you can perfectly raid without having to farm, it will just take longer and you won't be able to beat everything. Just like you will be able to play a sport but you won't be good at it if you don't prepare well and put a lot of effort in it.

#123 Cth

Cth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

you can perfectly raid without having to farm, it will just take longer and you won't be able to beat everything. Just like you will be able to play a sport but you won't be good at it if you don't prepare well and put a lot of effort in it.

ofc you can. atm i think in wow the balance between time vs. risk vs. reward is way off and from my own experience players quitting left/right.

#124 Elsia

Elsia

Banned

• Banned
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

There is an imbalance and people are leaving, and hence we see hotfixes on stuff and you see posts that state that they are looking into things and that people's concerns are heard. R&J for example where originally Tigole said it wasn't overly hard. People quit left and right indeed and now there is some retuning.

But from what I hear the real issue is not so much that top end guilds haven't seen untuned/overtuned content all vanilla long, but rather that by the reset TBC introduced, a lot more people faced content that wasn't completely polished/tuned yet.

The polish was very good up until and I'd say including 5-man heroics and early Karazhan. Later Karazhan is still being modified (and certainly was post release) giving an indication that the shoeshine polish just hadn't gotten that far. But a lot of people ran around expecting comfortable and fairly tuned raiding and got surprised, because a lot hadn't see this before.

The consumables dilemma is exactly that. I don't think Blizz expected that potting would be widely disliked as much as it has been and now with the feedback it's being retuned. To be seen how exactly. It really does feel like Blizz wants to have consumables play some bigger roles in raiding than it has in most of vanilla still, reading the announced changes so far. For a lot of folks that never got to the heavy potting of late naxx, this will, it seems even with the changes, require some adjusting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users