Photo

Redcape's Ret DPS Spreadsheet 5.21 - 4.3 ready (Updated 01/31/12)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

***Note*** I have retired from WOW. I will continue to make updates to the spreadsheet for patches or new set bonuses but no major new releases will happen going forward. For any updates please do not post in this thread as I will not be checking it, PM me on these boards and I will reply.

It is time once again for a new installment of my Ret Paladin DPS spreadsheet. It is set to go for patch 4.3.

->here<-

Newest - 5.21 Adding in 4.3 mechanics changes and set bonuses.

5.20 Adding in 4.2 mechanics changes and set bonuses.

5.19 Fixed crit total from enchants, was slightly too high.

5.18 Fixed '50 crit' to back enchant, fixed '10 mastery' socket bonus. Added DMC:H support on gear page.

5.17 - Added new options to priority list - TV (DP) and Inq (DP). Minor bugfixes.

5.16 - Added 50 crit to cloak. Bugfixes regarding hit/expertise valuation. (Only affects those below hit cap, not relevant for real gear evaluation.)

5.15 - Added Reverberating Meta. A few tiny bugfixes. Updated gearset and reforging to new standard.

5.14 - updated for new mechanics in patch 4.06. Removed Consecrate haste, a couple tiny bug fixes.

5.13 - several small bug fixes. Racial expertise, Consecrate glyph, Consecrate haste.

5.12 - several small bug fixes. Crit suppression fixed. Herbalism support added.

5.11 - corrected minor bug in glancing blow calculation. Minor bug fixes with Avalanche calculations.

5.1 - Added Engineering support, Avalanche modelling, new Zealotry behaviour, many minor tweaks and fixes.

5.01 - fixed issues with "Swap" buttons on the Main page.

Special thanks to Exemplar, tlitp, sjogren and theck for supplying lots of data and bug reports.
My Ret paladin spreadsheet: ->here<-

For questions regarding my spreadsheet or otherwise please contact me via PM on the EJ boards and not in game. Thanks.

Philosophy, Psychology and other fun stuff:

WOW and gaming in general:

#2 Nätion

Nätion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

Looks pretty solid, thanks a ton for all the hard work you did putting it together for the community.

#3 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

Notes:

I have not been able to test exactly how the t11 TV bonus stacks so currently it is modeled as just being a straight up 1.10 multiplier. If anyone finds differently please speak up.

Engineering is not modeled yet. I know about this and I will work it in asap and get a new release with Engineering included.

For questions regarding my spreadsheet or otherwise please contact me via PM on the EJ boards and not in game. Thanks.

#4 Handled

Handled

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:31 AM

When attempting to switch rotation priorities around I get the following error.

Variable not defiled.

Visual Basic is showing the error in Module4.

Sub Swap 1 through 7 on the Tempstore line.

Excel 2007, Experiencing the same issue with Excel 2010.
"They thought bosses just fell over the first night because of the tag over their head, and the most important thing was how much damage they could do at all times. Newsflash - it doesn't work like that."

#5 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

Thanks, found it.

For anyone who wants to fix the bug themselves, add

Public Tempstore as String

to the top of Module 4 and remove every copy of MakeRotation from the file. Or you can just redownload the sheet, with these fixes I called it 5.01

Sorry for that, it was just an issue with variable declaration, I didn't retest my buttons after adding Option Explicit.

The other easy workaround is you can just copy/paste the attacks in the rotation list yourself. The buttons are convenient but just moving the items manually works just as well.

#6 Handled

Handled

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

I'm curious on your spreadsheet you have us sitting at about a 98% uptime on Inquisition which I'm finding in Raids that my uptime varies between 65-80 and 80 is very hard to get mainly a stand still fight with very very little movement.

Is the uptime factored into the spread sheet internally I didn't see a simple way to change it which I'd like to get a little better idea of actual DPS based on my logs as well as theoretical DPS based on best case scenario.
"They thought bosses just fell over the first night because of the tag over their head, and the most important thing was how much damage they could do at all times. Newsflash - it doesn't work like that."

#7 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

Well, if you have only 65% uptime then you are either waiting 10 full seconds after Inq drops to renew it, which means you are playing really badly, or you are moving around and dealing with fight mechanics (more likely). Remember the settings on the sheet are currently simulating a rotation where you renew Inquisition if it has 1 second or less remaining and you hit Inquisition again as soon as you have even a single HP once it falls off. You are also being modeled on doing this with 200 ms latency, zero mistakes and against Patchwerk. Real raids simply aren't like that, and modelling a real fight just isn't feasible.

You can just edit the Inquisition uptime box yourself if you want to get the % to what you want and the rest of the sheet will update accordingly, but you would want to update all your other casts too to make sure they match. Feel free to step in and edit the Total Casts column to match your fight particulars.

#8 Handled

Handled

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:16 AM

Ya I knew you were simulating perfect conditions but I wanted to simulate more raid related conditions. Thank you for the information.

#9 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

I'm trying to make heads or tails out of how the spreadsheet works since I'm curious if you've modeled Censure scaling with haste.

Am I to interpret the "/3" in the number of uses row for Censure as that you're not modeling that? Last time I tested, the exorcism glyph DoT didn't scale with haste, but Censure did scale with haste (or rather, with haste effects you had up before you started applying it)

The reason I'm curious is that I read in the other thread that you get crit > haste, and that doesn't correspond to what I see in simulationcraft.

#10 Exemplar

Exemplar

The One-Eyed Man

• • Guide Author
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Ya I knew you were simulating perfect conditions but I wanted to simulate more raid related conditions. Thank you for the information.

In my (not yet released) spreadsheet I have found that Inq is best served being used at 3 HP. Since we rarely have GCD to spare, using 1 HP Inq always wound up being a DPS loss due to dropping fillers or CS over the course of a fight.

My settings (will) allow you to select how many seconds before it drops you would refresh, if you could. Timing may be gear dependent, but in L80 gear at L85 Inq should be refreshed at no more than 5 seconds prior to the buff dropping. Worst case you have 0 HP at 5 seconds and build up to 3 and refresh 9 seconds later, or after it has dropped for 4 seconds. The majority of the time you would have very small down-time.

Waiting to 0 seconds or when the buff drops entirely you are frequently not going to be at 3 HP, so have larger periods of down-time. More than 5 seconds before it wears off and your bonus ramps back down (less effective gain). Anything up to 8 seconds early is a buff, 9 seconds early and it's worse than no Inq use at all. Again, with the gear I had set up, different gear could change the break points.

As with Redcape, all of this is in a 100% time on target scenario. Obviously extended time off target would prevent earning HP for a fresh Inq. This is not necessarily horrible, as you would not be proccing AoW or standing still, so not casting Exo. HW has a limited range, and Cons is point blank. In short little Holy damage will be dealt during time off target. The major loser would be HoW under 20%. At best Inq is an overall 2.5% DPS boost. Losing it during high movement will not cripple your overall numbers (the inability to CS and TV will do that, instead!).

Just realized on the good side - we'll want to pop Inq as fast as possible, which means we skip the first TV. This should help avoid fight starting threat pulls, since in my experience by the 2nd TV I've been safe to pop Zealotry or AW.

In general a 60% up-time sounds remarkably low unless you are waiting for it to wear off before re-applying or there is ridiculous time off target (Nefarion magma phase? Video looks like melee twiddle their thumbs).

sjogren, yesterday I did a quick check (I do model haste on Censure) and also found Crit > Haste at 85. However, I hadn't turned on the use of Inquisition in that test. When I toggle on Inq usage, Haste outpaces Crit. Possibly due to the +20% to Censure ticks, as you're intimating.
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

#11 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

Censure scales with haste appropriately in my spreadsheet. You can easily test this by simply adding a bunch of haste to your toon and checking the overall damage done by Censure.

Note that the relative value of haste changes dramatically when you change the latency settings, your overall amount of haste and other factors. I can get the value of haste from 50-100 depending on how I set up the variables but it generally sits around 70 or so with the majority of setups.

The conclusion of whether or not to use Inq at only 3 HP depends on your usage of T11 as far as my sheet shows. If you use T11 4P then it is optimal to use Inq with any amount of HP and to refresh early with 3 HP only and within 1 second of it falling off.

If you don't have T11 4P then it is optimal to refresh at 3HP only and to refresh somewhat sooner, more like 5 seconds early is acceptable.

However, every single setting option I came up with was within 100 dps of the optimal one. Refreshing at 1,2,3, refreshing early, it is all within 100 dps. As long as you do put Inq back up once it falls you can't go very wrong. Seems like our rotation isn't going to be very sensitive to screwups or bad strategy.

#12 sjogren

sjogren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

I have not been able to test exactly how the t11 TV bonus stacks so currently it is modeled as just being a straight up 1.10 multiplier. If anyone finds differently please speak up.

I tested this yesterday. Crusade, Glyph of TV and 2T11 all stack additively, so a maximum multiplier of 1.55.

#13 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks, T11 now fully implemented for next release.

#14 Guest_Alensia_*

Guest_Alensia_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

So, uh, I'm 99% sure that you're aware of this

Zealotry (in Cataclysm) does not consume Holy Power and is not on the GCD.

This seems to be a common misperception, probably because this is a change from how it works on live, so I wanted to clear it up and maybe nudge the theorycrafting towards some more accurate numbers.

and will be implemented somehow in the next release of your spreadshet, but is there a quick workaround for the time being?

#15 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Yes, but you need to be comfortable changing the macro code itself.

If you want to do this, go into the sheet and hit alt-F11.

On the left side you should be able to see a folder called Modules and a file in it called Modules4. Open up Modules4.

Then ctrl-f search for "CSBonusHP = 2"

A couple lines below that will be a line that contains "NextCast = NextCast + Latency + MeleeGCD" Delete this line, but leave everything else. There are other copies of this line in the code, do not delete them. Only delete the copy that is just below "CSBonusHP = 2".

That is it. I will push out a new release fairly shortly that has this built in, but I want to fix just a couple other things first.

#16 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:15 AM

I have uploaded the most recent version of my spreadsheet 5.1. It now includes engineering glove enchants, avalanche enchant and has numerous small fixes and tweaks. There are also more combat options to choose from on the Main page. I have updated it to the latest version of Zealotry also, to remove Zealotry from the GCD.

The one hole is the lack of GoAK modelling. I don't have any reasonable amount of data for that so there isn't any point in trying to model it yet. Once servers go live I will try to get data and get that modelled asap.

The sheet is probably done until live hits but if you do find bugs or have good suggestions let me know and I will work on getting them out asap.

#17 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

I just uploaded version 5.11 this morning. It is identical to 5.1 except with a very minor calculation correction for glancing blows and a display correction for avalanche which did not affect the final damage number. Thanks to tlitp for catching these for me. No other changes.

#18 KyrosKrane

KyrosKrane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

The Target Level values on the Main sheet currently show as Boss(83) and Trash(80). Those should probably be updated to 88/85 respectively. Not sure if it's a label issue only, or whether this actually affects calculations, though.

#19 Redcape

Redcape

King Hippo

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Ah, indeed. It is a labelling issue only, no effect on calculations. I will get that fixed for the next update.

#20 Handled

Handled

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Something you might consider getting added on the profession side is the Engineering Cogwheel Sockets, I think not having them devalues Engineering to much and as long as Blizzard keeps an off-set piece in the instance that is equal item level as the Engineering item with Cogwheel sockets Engineering will remain top.

Cogwheels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users