11 replies to this topic

#1 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

Dear World of Warcraft players!

Me and my friend were bored with existing combat log analysis software and we decided to write a new one so it will match our requirements. There is still a lot of work to do, however it seems the first version is ready to be tested. I hope it will become a useful tool in improving your raiding skills and you will like it.

MMO Combat Logs is a combination of offline combat log analyzer and a web server, which you can use to upload your reports from the program.

A short tutorial video can be viewed on:
* our web site http://mmo-logs.com/
* or on YouTube youtube.com/watch?v=32MCz44he5s.

Offline part (the client):
  • is used to parse WoWCombatLog.txt file. Currently you must select the file and parse it each time you need to view the statistics. In the future we will add an option to automatically process your WoWCombatLog.txt file, save raids and combats so you will not need to process the file again, compress your combat log and keep it small.
  • produces general statistics on damage done, damage taken, healing done. All these reports can be filtered by actors and by targets by clicking appropriate checkboxes
  • shows spell details for selected actors (several actors can be selected to compare values) for damage done, taken and healing done
  • shows events report with damage and healing hits for selected actors, health deficit for selected actors and the whole raid
  • can upload combats to web server to share and view statistics in the internet
  • can only be run on Windows (maybe it will change in the future)

Some screenshots of the offline part:
Posted Image.Posted Image.Posted Image

Offline version don't require internet connection at all unless you want an auto-update feature or to upload combats to server.

Online part (the server):
  • provides statistics for combats uploaded via the client
An example reports:
Raid: 4 combats, 2 bosses killed, 2 tries
Combat: Professor Putricide 25H kill

Server part don't have all the reports from the client, but we will try to catch up before raids in Cataclysm.

You can download the program and find some more information on our web site: mmo-logs.com. It is on the cheap shared hosting at the moment, so if it will not work, please try again later. We will try to find something more powerful if there will be problems with it.

Thank in advance for your comments and suggestions.

#2 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:48 AM

A new version of MMO Combat Logs is ready:

1.1 (26-Nov-2010)

Client Changes
  • Added min/avg/max values for all spells in the details reports
  • Added hot/dot/other auras uptime tracking in the details reports (it is based on aura events, not on actual ticks)
  • Added auras cast and auras gained reports
  • Fixed wrong numbers in some reports (dtps for pets in damage taken report, parry and dodge in damage taken report)
  • A button in the main menu can be used to upload selected combats or view uploaded ones along with the context menu
  • "Open uploaded reports in the browser" option now enabled and should work

Online Changes
  • Added actor details reports (damage done or taken and healing done)
  • Improvements in site navigation (menu, combat selection...)
  • Fixed error pages for non-existing raids, combats, actors
  • Fixed some wrong numbers in reports

The two screenshots below should illustrate changes in the client: screenshot of damage done by spells report for shadowpriest with min/avg/max values and aura uptime and auras cast report:

Posted Image.Posted Image

You can see changes in the online version by visiting links to reports in the previous post.

Thanks and hoping for your feedback.

#3 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

A new version of MMO Combat Logs is ready:

1.2 (06-Dec-2010)

This new version contains spell tooltips database for 5 languages (EN,DE,FR,ES,RU) and shows them when you move your mouse over any spell in reports. Also we added advanced tooltips to actor details reports, more will be added in the future.
It should work ok with Cataclysm, however if you have problems parsing logs or viewing reports, do not hesitate to contact us on our web site ( MMO Combat Logs : Measure Your Character ) or write here.

Client Changes
  • Added spell tooltips in 5 languages
  • Added tooltips in actor details reports
  • Many minor fixes

#4 bonkobon

bonkobon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

I parse the log file, it goes to 100% and then nothing happens. No display, no result.

#5 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Can you send me a log file you are trying to parse? Or upload it somewhere and send me a link via PM.

#6 Hotcooler

Hotcooler

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Well it's a bit of a stretch to post in this thread, but after all it's related so here it goes.

My question is about absorbs and how are they calculated, basically every log parser seems to disagree on how much they absorb and actually how much they were cast, and the disparity is quite disturbing. I am quite sorry that logs are in Russian but I cant really do much about that.

For example let's take the council fight from BoTW and a priest.

Here's the WoL log for that , WMO log , EHFS parse , RaidLogs and MMO-Logs.

Basically every log parser out there agrees that Glyps of PW:S healed 64 times in this fight, so one can assume that PW:S was used 64 times. But that's where interesting stuff happens. Here's a small breakdown for the number of PW:S\GoPW:S : WoL - 191\64 , RL - 156\64 , WMO - 190\64 , MMO-L - 182\64 and only EHFS makes sense with 64\64 since there it now way a priest can cast 150+ PW:S and 83 PoH and do other stuff in the course of a six and a half min fight.

Also the values of absorbs wary and sometimes dramatically. Also no one except EHFS count shaman Ancestral Fortitude as an absorb\damage negation mechanic along with DK's shields and Bear absorption shields that proc whe you crit. Basically I want to know why they do not count this mechanics and what's up with absorption counts.

BTW Here's the actual log for this parses - http://openpandora.i...iles/WCL_EJ.zip

#7 edd

edd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Basically every log parser out there agrees that Glyps of PW:S healed 64 times in this fight, so one can assume that PW:S was used 64 times. But that's where interesting stuff happens. Here's a small breakdown for the number of PW:S\GoPW:S : WoL - 191\64 , RL - 156\64 , WMO - 190\64 , MMO-L - 182\64 and only EHFS makes sense with 64\64 since there it now way a priest can cast 150+ PW:S and 83 PoH and do other stuff in the course of a six and a half min fight.

Also the values of absorbs wary and sometimes dramatically. Also no one except EHFS count shaman Ancestral Fortitude as an absorb\damage negation mechanic along with DK's shields and Bear absorption shields that proc whe you crit. Basically I want to know why they do not count this mechanics and what's up with absorption counts.

The basic method for tracking shields is that every time a shield on someone changes, the log reports the new value. Going from 0 to x is a shield being applied. Going from x to y where y<x is an absorb. Going from x to y where y>x is a shield increase (e.g. Divine Aegis accumulating). A shield aura expiring is the shield timing out. Usually it's simplest in terms of merging this mechanic into combat logger frameworks to count every absorb as a separate heal, and any timing out shield as overhealing. There's no obligation to report things this way - you could add every Power Word: Shield absorb to the previously cast application if you wanted, but then you might run into trouble trying to deal with Divine Aegis repeatedly being applied to a target and the shield total moving up and down without reaching zero for a period. It's generally assumed that if you want to know how many shields were cast rather than how many times shields absorbed you can find that some other way - number of glyph heals is an obvious route, but cast numbers can be separately reported (this is also a sensible thing to do if you want to look at casts of hots, versus ticks of hots as an example).

Mitigation mechanics are never reported this way. I don't know how EHFS chooses to calculate it, but if you have the buff (Inspiration or Ancestral Healing) applied you could simply work out how much damage must have been mitigated if the damage caused was physical. Basically a mitigation mechanic will act more like armor - it means you get hit less hard, not that some damage is absorbed.

Bear and DK shields just aren't reported right. As an example - here's some lines for a Blood Shield application:
1/12 19:12:54.891 SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,0x0100000002507FF9,"Fred",0x40514,0x0100000002507FF9,"Fred",0x40514,77535,"Blood Shield",0x8,BUFF
1/12 19:12:58.126 SPELL_AURA_REFRESH,0x0100000002507FF9,"Fred",0x50514,0x0100000002507FF9,"Fred",0x50514,77535,"Blood Shield",0x8,BUFF
1/12 19:13:02.138 SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x0100000002507FF9,"Fred",0x40514,0x0100000002507FF9,"Fred",0x40514,77535,"Blood Shield",0x8,BUFF

As a comparison, here's some PW:S lines:
1/12 19:33:05.701 SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x0100000000029AC2,"Asclonus",0x511,0x0100000002163F70,"Fred",0x512,17,"Power Word: Shield",0x2
1/12 19:33:05.884 SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,0x0100000000029AC2,"Asclonus",0x511,0x0100000002163F70,"Fred",0x512,17,"Power Word: Shield",0x2,BUFF,8234,0,0
1/12 19:33:13.972 SPELL_AURA_REFRESH,0x0100000000029AC2,"Asclonus",0x511,0x0100000002163F70,"Fred",0x200512,17,"Power Word: Shield",0x2,BUFF,7207,0,0
1/12 19:33:14.755 SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,0x0100000000029AC2,"Asclonus",0x511,0x0100000002163F70,"Fred",0x200512,17,"Power Word: Shield",0x2,BUFF,0,0,0

The first is the cast of the shield - these are the events you count to figure out how many times it is cast by a priest. The second is the shield value application - note how after the BUFF there's three more values. The first is the new value of the shield and the second two are unused (as far as I know). These values just aren't reported for bear and DK shielding. Nothing we can do about that as log parser authors I'm afraid, just as there's nothing we can do about shadowy apparitions not being linked to their parent shadow priests (I assume that one's not been fixed still as well). After that comes one update showing a partial absorb, and finally it falling off with everything being absorbed (if it had still got some left it would have a value at the end like the refreshes).

Essentially how you report a PW:S heal is a personal choice by the log parser authors - all the logs are reporting the same info, just not in the same format (except EHFS doing Ancestral Healing calculations). Bear and DK shield info isn't given to us by Blizzard. As far as I can tell it's basically impossible to calculate Power Word: Barrier's effects too.

#8 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the clarification, edd!
In short:
* Currently the only way to calculate absorbs is to monitor AURA_APPLIED/REFRESHED/etc events and do some math with the numbers.
* An absorb event appear when incoming damage is absorbed, not when the shield is applied. Therefore the number of actual absorbs is the number of absorbed (or partially absorbed) hits, not the number of shield applications. This is how MMO Combat Logs calculates it.
* Some events are not in the log or not reported properly. This includes feral absorb shield and dk absorbs. Unfortunately it is not possible to calculate these values indirectly because they depends on values such as mastery or attack power.
* Regarding Ancestral Healing/Inspiration: I think it is more related to incoming damage for tanks rather then to healing. So the report about aura uptime during incoming damage might be more useful.

#9 edd

edd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification, edd!
In short:
* Currently the only way to calculate absorbs is to monitor AURA_APPLIED/REFRESHED/etc events and do some math with the numbers.
* An absorb event appear when incoming damage is absorbed, not when the shield is applied. Therefore the number of actual absorbs is the number of absorbed (or partially absorbed) hits, not the number of shield applications. This is how MMO Combat Logs calculates it.
* Some events are not in the log or not reported properly. This includes feral absorb shield and dk absorbs. Unfortunately it is not possible to calculate these values indirectly because they depends on values such as mastery or attack power.
* Regarding Ancestral Healing/Inspiration: I think it is more related to incoming damage for tanks rather then to healing. So the report about aura uptime during incoming damage might be more useful.

Yep.

With Ancestral Healing I like that EHFS can handle these buffs but I'd hate to have to implement such a thing properly myself. It's nice to parse the generic information in the combat log, but it's a lot less nice to parse based on knowledge of what a buff must be doing. The old Recount guessed absorbs module used to have lots of really cunning hard coded stuff to figure out absorbs from all kinds of items and abilities. It's a nice feature to be able to get more out of logs but becomes nightmarish when someone, say, only puts one point into a talent or any time Blizzard changes the ability. It makes my life a lot easier when I can parse thing blindly with no a priori knowledge of abilities or talents, and no having to make even educated guesses about a players spellpower, mastery or whatever.

I can only suggest bugging Blizzard to add more info to logs :-)

#10 Onyki

Onyki

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

My question is about absorbs and how are they calculated, basically every log parser seems to disagree on how much they absorb and actually how much they were cast, and the disparity is quite disturbing. I am quite sorry that logs are in Russian but I cant really do much about that.

Well, I guess every author of parsers will run into this question.
Coincidence?, I just pushed an update for my WowCardioRaid parser, where I try to provide accurate Absorbs-numbers.

For real "Heal Absorbs" (the one with data in the logs) I am using the following rules for to count the "absorbs applications":
Are counting as a 'real' application
-aura_apply, if casted in combat
-aura_refresh only if the new absorb pool is lower than the previous one.
-aura_remove and aura_refresh if the related aura apply/refresh is casted out of combat
and so far that seems to produce good numbers, with accurate average shield.

"Mitigation Absorbs" (the one without data in the logs) are still estimated.
In fact, I don't think they should be sorted in Healing statistics, and should stand in a specific stats beside Blocks, but I am sticking on that way since it's a kind of legacy system that everyone is using.

#11 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

We updated online part of MMO Combat Logs:
  • Actor details reports improved (more precise information)
  • Combat details improvements: spells and targets filters
  • Speed improvements
  • Fixed some wrong numbers in reports

Also we released a short tutorial video. You can view it on:
* our web site http://mmo-logs.com/
* or on YouTube youtube.com/watch?v=32MCz44he5s.

#12 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

New release of MMO Combat Logs: Version 1.3 build 189 (18-Nov-2011)

Client Changes:
Updated mobs and spells databases
Fixed parsing issues for 4.2 patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users