Photo

[Elemental] Power Auras priority helper (Updated 11/26 - PowerAuras 4.9)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cyfir

Cyfir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

If anyone cares for it, I made a fairly logic-heavy PowerAuras set for the elemental priority system. It works off the following assumptions where YMMV:

-You have the same brain-to-finger delay I do of about a second.
-You have 1 point in Reverb.
-Your decsion point to preemptively discharge LS stacks is 7. See the spreadsheet at http://rapidshare.co.../Fulminate.xlsx to determine your decision point. The post immediately below covers the math of why we'll need to do this.

Reading it:
-Lava Brackets means LvB is up, or will be in less than .75 sec.
-Green Stormstrike means you have 7-9 stacks of LS, and you have less than 3 sec to dump it before it interferes w/ FS.
-Yellow Stormstrike means you have 9 stacks of LS and no time constraints.
-FS Icon flashing in your screen means you have 2 sec or less remaining on FS.
-Flashing Searing icon means you're missing a fire totem.
-The blue line graphics create a frame for the other auras - brackets means you have LS, bottom curve is FTW.

It should also do a couple prioritizations:
-It will not tell you LvB is avail if you have 2sec or less left on FS.
-It will not tell you to ES if it will interfere w/ FS, or if FS is not on the target.

Finally, some of the more annoying and less useful notifications are disabled for soloing (Flame Shock, Fire Totem, green ES warning).

WARNINGS: 1. Whatever page of auras you are on when you import this set will be wiped and replaced by these.
2. You may have to update some settings manually. Power Auras is not perfect when it comes to imports, and sometimes bugs occur. If your auras are not behaving as expected, start by entering the command "/reload" in order to reload your UI. If that does not resolve the issue, please contact me by PM and I will try to help you out.

Set=Page 1@
Aura[1]=Version:4.9; anim1:4; Instance25ManHeroic:true; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_FlameShock; buffname:Flame Shock; bufftype:2; Instance10ManHeroic:true; InstanceBg:true; owntex:true; speed:2; Instance5Man:true; InstanceArena:true; Instance25Man:true; Instance10Man:true; Instance5ManHeroic:true; combat:true; size:0.33; inverse:true; finish:3@
Aura[2]=Version:4.9; InvertAuraBelow:2; anim1:4; Instance25ManHeroic:true; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_FlameShock; buffname:Flame Shock; begin:3; bufftype:2; Instance10ManHeroic:true; InstanceBg:true; owntex:true; speed:2; Instance5Man:true; InstanceArena:true; Instance25Man:true; Instance10Man:true; Instance5ManHeroic:true; combat:true; size:0.33; finish:0@
Aura[3]=Version:4.9; InvertAuraBelow:7.5; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_FlameShock; buffname:Flame Shock; begin:3; bufftype:2; alpha:0.1; speed:2; combat:true; size:0.02; finish:0@
Aura[4]=Version:4.9; InvertAuraBelow:9.5; anim1:4; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_FlameShock; buffname:Flame Shock; begin:3; bufftype:2; alpha:0.1; speed:2; combat:true; size:0.02; finish:0@
Aura[5]=Version:4.9; g:0.7137; icon:Spell_Nature_LightningShield; buffname:Lightning Shield; r:0; texture:60; mine:true; stacksOperator:>@
Aura[6]=Version:4.9; b:0; anim1:4; Instance25ManHeroic:true; stacksLower:7; icon:Spell_Nature_LightningShield; buffname:Lightning Shield; r:0.0235; stacks:9; Instance10ManHeroic:true; texture:167; alpha:1; InstanceBg:true; multiids:4/8/!3/!1; Instance5Man:true; stacksOperator:-; InstanceArena:true; Instance25Man:true; Instance10Man:true; Instance5ManHeroic:true; combat:true; y:39@
Aura[7]=Version:4.9; b:0; anim1:4; icon:Spell_Nature_LightningShield; buffname:Lightning Shield; r:0.9922; stacks:9; texture:167; alpha:1; multiids:8/!4/!1; combat:true; y:39@
Aura[8]=Version:4.9; icon:Spell_Nature_EarthShock; buffname:Earth Shock; bufftype:7; alpha:0.1; combat:true; size:0.02@
Aura[9]=Version:4.9; anim1:4; icon:Spell_Shaman_LavaBurst; buffname:Lava Burst; begin:1; x:-45; bufftype:7; texture:148; multiids:!1; speed:2; combat:true@
Aura[10]=Version:4.9; anim1:4; icon:Spell_Shaman_LavaBurst; buffname:Lava Burst; begin:1; x:45; bufftype:7; texture:148; symetrie:1; multiids:!1; speed:2; combat:true@
Aura[11]=Version:4.9; InvertAuraBelow:0.75; anim1:4; icon:Spell_Shaman_LavaBurst; buffname:Lava Burst; begin:1; x:-45; bufftype:7; texture:148; multiids:!9/!1; speed:2; combat:true@
Aura[12]=Version:4.9; InvertAuraBelow:0.75; anim1:4; icon:Spell_Shaman_LavaBurst; buffname:Lava Burst; begin:1; x:45; bufftype:7; texture:148; symetrie:1; multiids:!9/!1; speed:2; combat:true@
Aura[13]=Version:4.9; anim1:4; Instance25ManHeroic:true; icon:Spell_Fire_SearingTotem; buffname:1; bufftype:19; Instance10ManHeroic:true; InstanceBg:true; owntex:true; Instance5Man:true; InstanceArena:true; Instance25Man:true; Instance10Man:true; Instance5ManHeroic:true; combat:true; size:0.25; inverse:true@
Aura[14]=Version:4.9; icon:Spell_Shadow_ManaBurn; buffname:Clearcasting; texture:16; symetrie:2; mine:true@
Aura[15]=Version:4.9; g:0.9176; icon:inv_weapon_shortblade_103; buffname:Flametongue; r:0; bufftype:5; texture:64@

#2 Cyfir

Cyfir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

EDIT: This information pertains mostly to Level 80 numbers. More accurate information about level 85 mechanics are located in the Elemental thread.

I did some modeling and math to decide how many stacks of Lightning Shield you should preemptively discharge with an Earth Shock before the ES cooldown would interfere with reapplying FS.

BLUF: It is always a DPS loss not to do this (e.g. to only discharge at a full 9 stacks,) and it is always a DPS loss to ES with only 4 charges. Other than that, it depends on haste and spell damage. Plug your stuff into the spreadsheet, find the line that correlates to your number of LB casts per lockout, pick the charge number that has the greenest number. Never go into a lockout period with that number or more charges on LS.

The excel can be found here: http://rapidshare.co.../Fulminate.xlsx.

Boxes with bold borders are designed to be played with. Sorry; it's an ugly, ugly spreadsheet.

It models DPS loss based on the minimum number of charges you will discharge preemptively. To determine what your "magic number" is, plug your haste in, and a number that is representative of a non-crit LB and one of a non-crit LS charge. These numbers don't have to be especially accurate.

Every time you discharge at less than 9 charges, you incur a DPS loss of [LB Damage]*(9-[number of charges])/([LB Cast Speed]/[ES Global Cooldown]*6)

Every time you cast LB, and would have gained a charge, but are capped at 9, you incur a DPS loss equal [LS Charge Damage].

If you decide to always discharge at X or more charges before entering a lockout period (defined as twice your shock cooldown - the time in which ES would interfere w/ FS + the cooldown after FS is cast,) then we would total the probabilty and magnatude of both scenarios to get a theoretical "DPS loss." As there would be no way to get that number to 0, it's simply a hypothetical reference number. The lower the number, the better.

It's not a perfect model - it doesn't factor in how your decision point will affect the likely number of charges you have right before a lockout period, for example - but since our output is a whole number between 4 and 8, we're more interested in trends than exact numbers. When I play with the numbers in the spreadsheet, I see the following effects:

-The number of LB casts you get in during the lockout period is the most significant factor in determining where your decision point is. As you gain haste, the decision point drops, down to 5 charges when approaching the haste soft cap.

-Increases in overall dps do not affect your decision point - but increases in the LB:LS damage ratio do. This scaling will occur due to talents and specialization passives that affect LB but not LS, and of course Elemental Overload. EO is also not factored into this spreadsheet, but if you want to include it multiply your typical LB by (1+([EO chance]*.75). Increases in the ratio push you to a higher decision point, but it isn't until a stupidly high ratio of around 15:1 that it changes the basic premise of "discharge preemptively." At that point premptively discharging is always a dps loss - only discharge at 9 stacks. The more haste you have, the lower your ratio would need to be. With no haste, it is 24:1. At haste soft cap, it's 48:1. I don't think those ratios are possible, so I'm comfortable saying we'll always be concerned with preemptive discharges.

EDIT: I fixed the spreadsheet to unstupid one calculation. I was modeling ES's cooldown to be reduced by Reverberation. I played with it; it didn't affect any of my conclusions.

#3 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4803 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

This is just the same file as in the above post, without the hassle of rapidshare free downloads. The bugs in earlier versions of Power Auras have been fixed, so there's no need to download the screenshot pack anymore. Just import the aura set as listed above, and it should work. If you want to make extra sure, do a /console reloadui before testing.

Attached Files

#4 ThiefMaster

ThiefMaster

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

The import bug has been fixed, right? Just looked at a few screenshots and haven't found any differences to the imported data.

#5 Cyfir

Cyfir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

The import bug is applying inconsistently. It appears to be an issue if you already had a copy of the set before 4.9 was released. This issue has been resolved in 4.10, which Smacker is still finishing up. Once he releases it, I'll clean the import bug references out of the original post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users