Photo

2.1: Graveyards, Flight Paths and Trinkets!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Dendory

Dendory

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

More and more stuff for 2.1:

http://forums.worldo...=94959528&sid=1

With the approach of the next content patch, we thought we would share a few more new additions with you.

Trinkets: New Darkmoon cards

You will now have the chance to find additional Darkmoon cards (Lunacy, Storms, Furies and Blessings) on high level creatures in Outlands, which you can turn in to the Darkmoon Faire to make powerful new Darkmoon card trinkets.

New Graveyards

Two new graveyards have been added to Blade's Edge Mountains.

New Flypaths
New flight points:
Felwood, Emerald Sanctuary (Both)
Ashenvale, Forest Song (Alliance)

New flight paths:
Stormwind <-> Thorium Point
Grom'gol Base Camp <-> Flame Crest
Ratchet <-> Gadgetzan, Astranaar, Brackenwall Village
Brackenwall Village <-> Ratchet, Camp Taurajo, Freewind Post
Thunderbluff <-> Zoram'gar Outpost
Evergrove <-> Toshley's Station
Honor Hold <-> Shattrath

In addition, many flight paths have been adjusted to be shorter, faster flights.

#2 Bryne

Bryne

The Treachery of Forums

•  Patrons
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

Those new decks are straight out of those leaked patch notes from a few days ago, interesting. The Blade's Edge graveyards, too.

I wonder if they'll just be upgraded versions of the existing Darkmoon decks or what?

#3 Nite_Moogle

Nite_Moogle

I prefer the term treasure hunting

• Allied Members
  • 11,288 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Bringing back the Darkmoon cards is a nice touch, and it's hard to complain about improved flight paths. They really are cramming a lot in this patch.

Edit: Good catch on the Darkmoon cards in the shit heaped notes. http://elitistjerks....ead.php?t=10899 if you're wondering.

#4 castille

castille

μ

•  Patrons
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

Crap, that means

-Shadow Word: Death cooldown increased to 12 seconds

might be real. Not a fan >.<

#5 Jitka

Jitka

Bless me, Father. I ate a lizard.

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

Crap, that means

might be real. Not a fan >.<

as may be the illumination nerf.

As may be bigfoot, but until I see it in blue...

#6 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18,079 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

Very cool, thanks for passing it along. I've been hoping for Darkmoon upgrades; I'm glad to see that someone was "listening" :)
See you, auntie.

#7 Kody

Kody

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:43 PM

Those notes are probably real after seeing a lot of these recently announced 2.1 changes/additions. It wouldn't surprise me either; if you read the FoH forums there's a lot of disregard for respecting privacy between developers and players that they communicate with.

#8 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

Nice notes, I am glad their are new Darkmoon Trinkets, trinkets in general are lacking in general so it is nice to have other options. Plus it gives the causal player something else to do in between the new quest zones.

Decreasing flight path time is always something I wanted put in, that is great, especially with the auto-unstuck fix.

#9 Keline

Keline

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

as may be the illumination nerf.

As may be bigfoot, but until I see it in blue...

That nerf would be extremly stupid, all it would do is make us chain mana potions (like everyone else). It would do nothing about our healing ability, it would just drive us to consumables.

I don't even get it - why NOW? Now that our crit rating is actually down to <25% unbuffed - and that's with insane gear

When 2.0 came out and Nax paladins sported 45% HL crit with the new it would have made more sense.

#10 Grogzor

Grogzor

Huntard Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

That nerf would be extremly stupid, all it would do is make us chain mana potions (like everyone else). It would do nothing about our healing ability, it would just drive us to consumables.

I don't even get it - why NOW? Now that our crit rating is actually down to <25% unbuffed - and that's with insane gear

When 2.0 came out and Nax paladins sported 45% HL crit with the new it would have made more sense.

There was obviously a problem with Paladin Healing in relation to Holy/Disc Priests. Is this the correct answer? I dunno, my highest pally alt is 24. But I think Holy/Disc Priests should be the better straight up healer whereas pallies would bring more utility and stuff.

#11 Trouble

Trouble

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

There's definitely a high chance those are legit but I'm pretty sure they are extremely incomplete. Anyway if that's ALL the priest changes then holy priests are dead forever. Here's hoping.

#12 Hozz

Hozz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

So three Warrior nerfs inc. All of them probably based on the Arena. How long do you think the MS debuff is going to last in its current state? Why are there not separate rulesets again?

#13 Merple

Merple

King Hippo

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

Once again, Blizzard chooses to nerf a class instead of fixing another. The Illumination nerf isn't necessary, but a serious look at the Priest class is.

I still don't see anyone dropping Divine Spirit for Circle of Healing. They really need to make that trainable, or drop it bring it up a level so that you can get both.

And I'm ecstatic about the Darkmoon Faire stuff. I loved it before and I'm glad it continues! They really seem interested in maintaining a high level of 5 man content and solo play :D

#14 Siddown

Siddown

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

You guys have jumped to some massive conclusions here. So because there are some new Darkmoon Cards, suddenely everything else in some possible fake patch notes are real?

How about waiting until real Patch Notes come out, then start complaint mode.

#15 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18,079 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:27 PM

So three Warrior nerfs inc. All of them probably based on the Arena. How long do you think the MS debuff is going to last in its current state? Why are there not separate rulesets again?

*IF* those heaped notes are correct - the change to commanding shout is clearly on the "bugfix" side of things. I wonder if the DW/Enrage change just means that if both are active, you only receive the benefit of the stronger effect? Not a big deal to me, personally, but it is interesting since this is the first instance I recall where a buff and a debuff don't stack.
See you, auntie.

#16 Mizerok

Mizerok

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

Ooooo, wonder which one's will be shortened. Nice change though.

#17 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

They won't nerf MS, as if they did you'd lose any and all reason to bring a Warrior to the arenas if you did.
What is the most important thing to you? Won't you grant me the pleasure of taking it away.

#18 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

but until I see it in blue...

I think that sums it up rather well. I figure they've got a long list they're working on, and as they get the code working properly (hopefully) they're letting us know what will be in the next patch. At least I certainly hope that's what is happening, I for one am tired of having a thread discussing the patch notes, and a thread discussing the 20 hidden changes they didn't bother telling us about.

#19 Tierce

Tierce

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

OMFG, they're going to put those flight paths in now after I just leveled the last characters I'll ever level through those zones. Super time saver for anyone else who will level if there is such a thing this late in the game. I wish I understood the priority they put for evaluating travel times and why this wasn't dealt with earlier.

EDIT: can someone post a link to these spoofed patch notes everbody is referring to, I feel out of the loop.

#20 Fiola

Fiola

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

Shadow priests and Vampiric Touch.

The total mana regen available to a Holy paladin is bordering silly. "lol, I don't run out of mana anymore"

This mana regen comes from other classes (VT, VE + SA), consumables, and talents/abilities. Consumables are being nerfed/changed in 2.1; S-Priests were slightly nerfed a few patches ago (slightly reduced coefficients and VE, I think), but I think Blizzard seems mostly happy with where S-Priests are in utility/power. That leaves talents/abilities.

IF the change happens, it doesn't affect your healing power, just your endurance. It makes other healing spec'd classes relatively more desirable (maybe), and might change the tendency of raids to stack Holy paladins as healers. (which is kinda ironic, considering paladin complaints in WoW 1.0 and various changes made to the class then)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users