886 replies to this topic

#881 IInox

IInox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Sorry, i have another question:

When we have Envenom Buff, we must pull circa 90E to do another Envenom wihout, if is possible, no clipping it; but if the buff go down and we have for example, 50E (and we have 4CPs) we must pull energy anyway?or we must do quickly Envenom?

It's strange to do nothing for some seconds :asd:

Other question, the amount of dps that I see on shadowcraft, how much is different from the real dps in game?
How can know if I'm playing good or not? I dont have any reference. (cause, yes, I can be first on recount but it's possible that i can do better or the raid/party is not very good.)

ty another

#882 Maleficius

Maleficius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Sorry, i have another question:

When we have Envenom Buff, we must pull circa 90E to do another Envenom wihout, if is possible, no clipping it; but if the buff go down and we have for example, 50E (and we have 4CPs) we must pull energy anyway?or we must do quickly Envenom?

It's strange to do nothing for some seconds :asd:

Other question, the amount of dps that I see on shadowcraft, how much is different from the real dps in game?
How can know if I'm playing good or not? I dont have any reference. (cause, yes, I can be first on recount but it's possible that i can do better or the raid/party is not very good.)

ty another

Ok, I will give this a shot since this thread does not get much attention. Also, I appreciate your efforts to communicate, but some of your posts are hard to follow (I know you mentioned that English may not be your best).

First when you say "pull" you are meaning to say "pool" - that is to allow energy to go back up to 90. You do have the right idea. Normally when the envenom buff is active, you would like to pool (store) energy until about 90 and then envenom again. This assumes that rupture is already up and not about to expire.

Clipping envenom, that is repeating envenom when the buff is already active, is a dps loss, but not a huge one and compared to the other possibilities is the least thing to do wrong so I do not worry about it much. As for the other scenario, where envenom buff is not up, there is no need to pool. The whole concept behind pooling to my understanding is to be able to get off more mutilates with the envenom buff up to create more poison procs. So bottom line, if envenom buff is not up, envenom when you can (again assuming that rupture is already up).

Yes like you mention it may seem odd to wait for a few seconds, but that is just part of the assassination rotation. It is slower than combat or others.

As for your comment about dps and shadowcraft, the numbers shadowcraft produces assume ideal situations for encounters like no down time on boss, etc. I think it is best to think of them as best case scenarios although then again they do not reflect some buffs like boss specific buffs. For example, your numbers on Hagara will likely be much less than shadowcraft predicts based on the large amounts of down time and target switching, while conversely your numbers on Madness of Deathwing should be far greater than shadowcraft due to the buffs you get from the aspects.

Everyone has their own thought, but mine is to use shadowcraft as a tool to determine upgrades. That is, this item is better for my dps than that item and a rough indication of damage I can do. Comparing numbers on an absolute basis is more problematic.

If you want to gauge how well you are doing, just compare to yourself. Are you numbers going up as you perfect your rotation or get more gear (make sure you are comparing the same fight)? You can also look at World of Logs, but even that will be difficult because the numbers there are very inflated (not artificially inflated, but getting ranked in WoL is quite hard now with all of the time in this expansion). So my recommendation is compare to yourself and see if you can improve.

Another great way to view World of Logs is to look at how well you are keeping your buffs up. Ideally look at a fight with near 100% boss uptime (like Ultraxion on any difficulty, Zonnoz on LFR, or Yorsahj where you stay on the boss). You should have SnD at as close to 100% as possible with only 1 cast. You should be able to keep rupture at about 90% uptime. It is impossible to keep Envenom at 100% but should be somewhere in the 50-70% range. Perfect your rotation and the numbers will follow.

Hope this helps.

#883 IInox

IInox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Oh thank you very much! Sorry another for my english, next time I will do better.

All of stuffs that you said about Envenom and pooling (i'm sorry confused the word pull. sorry ^^' i know the differnece between them :P) energy i'm doing them on right way (i think).

But to be sure in this moment i'm uploading a video on utube with some seconds of "fight" of my rotation, so you can see what I wrong etc.

Btw, yes sometimes I have low energy without envenom buff and i must wait 4/5seconds, so i think i wrong on some phases.

I will upload a second video with second try, when i think i did a bit better.

About improving, yes I see each fight (dungeons too (lol) ) if I do better than last time with emproved gear.

Thank you for responses

:)

#884 IInox

IInox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

ok this is first try:

Try1 - YouTube

I think I wrong at these times:

00.19 wrong, must to do rupture before and do mutilate with envenom buff
00.37 better to do rupture with 4CPs
00.44 and 1.05 is too long pool time?

#885 Maleficius

Maleficius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

ok this is first try:

Try1 - YouTube

I think I wrong at these times:

00.19 wrong, must to do rupture before and do mutilate with envenom buff
00.37 better to do rupture with 4CPs
00.44 and 1.05 is too long pool time?

I took a look at your video and I think you have the right idea and I would say you are executing the rotation pretty well. You can always debate small details, but I can see the things you are looking at and your are at least looking at the right things.

I also looked at the spots you pointed out and maybe there are small issues there, but nothing that is huge or requires overhaul. Yes, maybe you could have got a little more rupture uptime in the 2 spots you mention. For the 44 and 1.05 mark, yes it seems like an eternity to do nothing, but I do not really see a problem. As your haste goes up your energy regen will also go up so that down time will go down.

Maybe my critique does not meet the rigid expectations that everyone has all the time, but I think you look fine.

Edit: So Inox, I was doing some stalking to maybe help you out and there are some things I can not figure out. I see that your guild has not posted a WoL in a while and when you did you were combat. Your numbers as combat do look like they need some improvement, but more notably, looking at your profile now, your stats do not make sense. Your expertise is way too high, your hit is too low, and I am surprised that your haste is above mine even though I am pretty far past you in ilvl (conversely my mastery is much higher). It almost looks like you have a combat reforge for an assassin spec. I think you need to go back to the basics of reforging and see if you have issues. I know that shadowcraft has been up and down so maybe you need to go another program (such as askmrrobot).

It has been a while since I have gone through all of the basics so it is possible I am wrong, but I think it is worth checking your stats against the recommendations. So bottom line, go back to basics of this thread and check your hit, expertise, haste, and mastery and make sure you are correctly aligned.

#886 IInox

IInox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

thnkas you :)

nono wait, dont see WoL are old stats. (I played with my actual guild the first raid of WoW :asd: cause before I were on Another server^^ )

And no ok ok i know, i know I must reforge :P dont worry I'm only waiting ^^ When i have time I will reforge.

About WoL, I hate Combat, and I will play Assassination always for now, and you must know I play WoW from 2/3mounths, so I must improve to min/max the dps when I'm raiding. (I hope you understand what I mean ^^)

You are right, the reforge hasn't senses because 2/3 weeks ago I played Combat and I changed 3/4 items 410 ^^ but I had low golds to reforge :(

So now I make some money, and I will reforge. dont worry about it :D

(if you see: http://elitistjerks....heet_4_0_a/p40/ I posted for some issues on reforge^^ )

Thank you very much :)

#887 IInox

IInox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Try2 - YouTube

second and last video :)

ps: reforged :D

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users