Photo

SimulationCraft for Warlocks (Cataclysm Edition)

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

#21 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

I apologize for having to ask, but is there any attempt to model the clipping on channeled spells (drain life)? My logic is that shadow bolts can use the cast que, but drain life damage ticks are interrupted by restarting the channel (and it's very hard to time that perfectly).

This leads me to believe that the shadow bolt affliction simulation will perform better under real world conditions, and I'm curious if there is any way to model this.

The channel_lag option models an average delay which is applied every time the actor clips a channeled spell (or casts another spell after the last tick of a channeled spell). The default value for this option is 250 milliseconds.

#22 randa

randa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Blizzard armory is down or that site has been abolished, so those links to talent builds don't work.

#23 necro_potence

necro_potence

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

Since I see in the simcraft comments that the bis arent final, I've run my own app that determines the best combo of items.

This is the test I've just made:

Class: Warlock
Hit Cap: (taken from here) 102.446*17
Scaling values: (taken from the first post as a test subject) Warlock_AffDrain_T11_372 Sta=0.0425 Int=3.0638 SP=2.4029 Hit=1.6689 Crit=1.1232 Haste=1.3069 Mastery=1.4186
Gems considered: Brilliant Inferno Ruby, Rigid Ocean Sapphire, Fractured Amberjewel, Quick Amberjewel, Smooth Amberjewel, Veiled Demonseye, Lightning Dream Emerald, Piercing Dream Emerald, Sensei's Dream Emerald, Artful Ember Topaz, Potent Ember Topaz, Reckless Ember Topaz, Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond
Items: basically all epic lvl 85 items equippable by a Warlock

Here is the output:

Spoiler

Let me know if you are interested in the bis lists for the other specs.

#24 jeffason

jeffason

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

Blizzard armory is down or that site has been abolished, so those links to talent builds don't work.

Yes, can we get updated talent links for builds used in these results please? On wowhead or something?

#25 chiyeuk

chiyeuk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

trinket2=Darkmoon_Card:_Tsunami,heroic=0,stats=321int

Healing trinket?

Head: Crown of the Twilight Queen (Heroic)
Neck: Valiona's Medallion (Heroic)
Shoulder: Shadowflame Mantle (Heroic)
Back: Shroud of Endless Grief (Heroic)
Chest: Shadowblaze Robes (Heroic)
Wrists: Bracers of the Dark Pool (Heroic)
Hands: Shadowflame Handwraps (Heroic)
Waist: Belt of Arcane Storms (Heroic)
Legs: Shadowflame Leggings (Heroic)
Feet: Einhorn's Galoshes (Heroic)
Finger: Signet of the Fifth Circle (Heroic)
Finger: Ring of the Boy Emperor (Non Heroic)
Trinket: Theralion's Mirror (Heroic)
Trinket: Bell of Enraging Resonance (Heroic)
Main Hand: Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan (Non Heroic)
Ranged: Theresa's Booklight (Heroic)

Don't we want our four piece bonus?

#26 necro_potence

necro_potence

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Healing trinket?

Don't we want our four piece bonus?

Maybe, the simulator outputs what the input numbers point as best. For an accurate evaluation if we want it or not, it needs a weight for the 2p and 4p tier bonuses too.

#27 Saufsoldat

Saufsoldat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

The 4p bonus does nothing for the simulation, because we don't cast fel flame in patchwerk fights. I still doubt the utility of fel flame in any the vast majority of boss fights anyway.

#28 Ehvyn

Ehvyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Is there any common consensus on best racial(s) for each faction yet?

I'm fairly certain the only changes to racials for 4.0.3a are from Trolls and now Goblins.

That said, 585 Spellpower + 5% Increased Pet Damage is safe to say much better then 20% haste on use or 1% static haste.

#29 Tremloc

Tremloc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

I noticed a possible error in the Pre-Raid destruction simc linked in the OP.

The enchantment on the shoulders is listed as:

shoulders=mantle_of_the_eastern_lords,heroic=1,type=cloth,stats=205int_337sta_150mastery_130hit_870armor,reforge=mastery_haste,gems=40int,enchant=130int_25haste

when the highest enchantment I've found is Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone, which is 50int_25haste

Edit:
Ah, thanks to Nartas. It's an inscription only item.

#30 Nartas

Nartas

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

professions

#31 Melkor

Melkor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

I've figured out what the talents are in the OP and plugged them into wowhead.

Warlock_Destruction_PreRaid
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

warlock=Warlock_Affliction_PreRaid

warlock=Warlock_AffDrain_PreRaid

Warlock_Demonology_PreRaid

Where enough talents points weren't spent in the affliction builds to fill the tree I took what seemed appropriate.

Hope someone finds it useful.

#32 Maconi

Maconi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

Warlock_Destruction_PreRaid

(this question isn't directed specifically at you, more so the talent tree)

Why is Improved Searing Pain taken when it isn't used in the sims at all from what I can see? Not that any of the other talents are particularly useful, but still better than 2 points into a talent we don't ever use?

#33 Melkor

Melkor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

I think it's just used as a filler, there comes a point where you are left with a choice between Imp SP, Aftermath, Shadowburn, Backlash and BoH. Out of those Imp SP and BoH seem like the only raid useful talents, why one point wasn't spent in each though I'm not sure.

#34 Khloros

Khloros

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:38 AM

It was discussed before no matter where you put the points the spec dps wont change

#35 Saufsoldat

Saufsoldat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:51 AM

so im seeing a lot of things with these builds im curious about, the one that stands out, is why take Emberstorm, if the only time were casting SF is after a soulburn? wouldnt the points be better in something like Dark Arts to get the pup 10% more damage?

also, is there no point to cast that initial SB before the haunt anymore?

Every spec hardcasts SF to refresh the 15% haste buff, regardless of Soulburn.

#36 getsdead

getsdead

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

This is a minor detail, but I think the Destro profile is missing the second yellow gem required to activate the meta.

Also, I created a WowHead profile using the data from the Destro profile. It doesn't support much of anything, but it might help some of you more visual people. Profiler - Wowhead

#37 gherkin

gherkin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

I found the following, numbers are for Spell Haste: Raid Buffed, Unbuffed, Gear Rating

PreRaid:
Spell Haste 33.67%, 10.25%, 1312
BIS T11:
Spell Haste 31.21%, 21.33%, 2731

How can BIS T11 have a lower Raid Buffed haste value than a PreRaid player, using the same spell rotation? Shouldn't this number be 1.2133 x 1.05 x 1.15 = 46.51% ?

#38 Nartas

Nartas

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

I found the following, numbers are for Spell Haste: Raid Buffed, Unbuffed, Gear Rating

PreRaid:
BIS T11:

How can BIS T11 have a lower Raid Buffed haste value than a PreRaid player, using the same spell rotation? Shouldn't this number be 1.2133 x 1.05 x 1.15 = 46.51% ?

It should be 1.2133x1.05x1.15x1.03 (Dark Intent)= 50.90% haste for another immolate tick.
PreRaid is 1.1025x1.05x1.15x1.03 (Dark Intent)= 37.12% haste

#39 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

PreRaid:
BIS T11:

It's a reporting problem - the PreRaid profile has a haste trinket that happened to get activated before we recorded the "Raid Buffed" numbers.

#40 Cangiz

Cangiz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

What is causing these haste dips(aka more haste is actually lowering your dps)? This is a destruction profile, with a standard spec/glyphs etc.

Posted Image

This particular sim was at 1814 haste rating(14.17%) and raid buffed at 23.47%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users