• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

#281 Lahav

Lahav

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Glyph selection is fluid and should reflect the current fight. Maloriak favors Blood Boil and Pestilence whereas Chimaeron for instance favors Dark Succor which should allow you to stay alive in phase two until Double-Attack. Keep adjusting your glyphs according to the current situation and you should be fine.

#282 Taiyoken

Taiyoken

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Using Glyph of AMS on Chimaeron also allows you to immune two Caustic Slime debuffs if used at the right time during Feud rather than only 1 with an unglyped AMS.

#283 tXCCCC

tXCCCC

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

WeaponDPS+Speed are one of the most important things. the t2 weapon also had increased Strength.
These factors outweight the secondary stat problem with resilience and it's better to have a t2 axe or something as an 359 sword :)

In my simulations of all DK DPS specs WeaponDPS places @ 1 with an average of 7,0. Other says its 9, other says its 6. But 2 of your important stats are increased, so u can say simple t2>359

A simple PvE to reach weapon is the mace which drops@magmaw hc. nice to have 4 unholy & BiS Frost 2h

greetz toxiQ

#284 optional22

optional22

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

I encountered a weird bug today while doing HM Chimeron.

http://i.imgur.com/bPDUQ.jpg

I noticed this when they called to stop DPS. My pet had been both transformed and had a stack of shadow infusion on him. The time left on each buff appear to be equal implying that the last shadow infusion and dark transformation occurred at roughly the same time. I was a bit distracted by the fight to open up my pet tab and look at the damage range to confirm this bug. If you look carefully, both the buff bar on the pet's target and my tell me when addon is detecting a stack of shadow infusion.

Mainly wondering if anyone has seen this as well. I haven't been able to replicate it on a dummy.

#285 Cabal

Cabal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

I noticed this when they called to stop DPS. My pet had been both transformed and had a stack of shadow infusion on him. The time left on each buff appear to be equal implying that the last shadow infusion and dark transformation occurred at roughly the same time. I was a bit distracted by the fight to open up my pet tab and look at the damage range to confirm this bug. If you look carefully, both the buff bar on the pet's target and my tell me when addon is detecting a stack of shadow infusion.

Mainly wondering if anyone has seen this as well. I haven't been able to replicate it on a dummy.

Noticed this several times, always discounted it as a power auras bug!

#286 naliel

naliel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

Cast 5deathcoils and instead of morphing your pet you cast another deathcoil. Right before it acually hits the target you dt your pet and viola dt with 1stack of shadow infusion. This is only possible if the boss is large enough, that means the flighttime of your deathcoil is long enough. You can easily test it on a boss dummy.

#287 Kulgoss

Kulgoss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Cast 5deathcoils and instead of morphing your pet you cast another deathcoil. Right before it acually hits the target you dt your pet and viola dt with 1stack of shadow infusion. This is only possible if the boss is large enough, that means the flighttime of your deathcoil is long enough. You can easily test it on a boss dummy.

Using this train of thought would we therefore be able to do something like the following?
Thoughts?

#showtooltip Dark Transformation
/cast [target=harm,nodead] Death Coil
/cast Dark Transformation

#288 Squalltheonly

Squalltheonly

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

DT is part of the GCD, so the only way that "bug" works is if the DC missile takes longer than 1 sec to reach the target. So if you are meleeing the boss right on his hit box, it won't work. I guess we have to either shoot the DC at a target far away or move far from the boss ourselves, or tell the ghoul to move far then shoot the DC to heal it ad then DT it.

Fights would get more complicated IMO.

#289 zarusa

zarusa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

The above mentioned method is quite easy to pull of on bosses with big hitboxes like Al'Akir with a high "attachment point". By attechment point i mean the point where projectiles are flying at.

#290 Murdoque

Murdoque

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

One thing I did notice with the Dark Transformation, is that if you cast a Death Coil right when a 5stack Shadow Infusion buff expires, so that your pet will lose his 5 stack and gain a new 1 stack buff, the server doesn't recognize this as a new stack and the popup graphic will stay (if you are using Blizzard default power auras substitute). Also on your hotbar it will still show up as if DT is castable even though your pet has only 1 stack (this causes it to interfere with 3rd party addons as well, which are typically programmed based on a "is castable" trigger). Attempting to cast DT in such a scenario will do nothing but waste a GCD depending on latency.

Though this situation occurs only rarely it can really throw off your concentration and waste a few GCDs on trying in vain to cast DT. The issue resolves itself when you get a new 5stack buff and cast a legit DT.

#showtooltip Dark Transformation
/cast [target=harm,nodead] Death Coil
/cast Dark Transformation

Your conditional statement is off on the second line. [target=harm,nodead] will try to cast it to a nearby target with a name that starts with Harm. You can leave that out and just use [harm,nodead] to do what you want it to do.

That being said, what are you trying to accomplish with this macro? At the moment it looks like it will interfere with DT casting at best, and waste RP on DCs with a 5 Shadow Infusion stack at worst. If anything I would place them in opposite order (that is, /cast DT before /cast DC) so you will never give up potential DT uptime (it will attempt to cast DT, and only if that fails it will do a DC). Seems like the more logical choice to me.

#291 Nemain_cB

Nemain_cB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hello everyone, the past few days I been testing out gargoyle to see how much it is affected by haste, but there seems to be a problem once my gargoyle's strike reaches 2 sec cast it seems not to benefit from haste giving a very constant number of 15 casts per summon.

This 15 casts did not vary from 35% haste, I was able to get 15 casts, I even tried having 150% haste and it was still only 15 casts. Is this supposed to happen?

Another thing I was wondering if it would be probably be more beneficial to have the gargoyle melee with higher haste than to actually cast, is it possible to force your gargoyle to melee?

Any feedback is welcome thank you

#292 Consider

Consider

King Hippo

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

So, yeah. To be completely honest, I simply don't care enough about the game and its eternally transient balance to give this thread (and the Frost one, for that matter) the upkeep they deserve. Although I'll continue to theorycraft and what have you for my own sake, it just takes way too much time and energy to put all that information here: typing it all up, formatting it all, spelling out every last little detail such that anyone and everyone can understand it. I mean, the information - what spec is best, what rotation to use, what's best in slot, and so on - are easy to figure out (for me anyways). It's simply then putting all of it into the post which is a large bother. I just don't have the motivation to continue to do that latter part (although I'll continue with the first, of course!).

As such, I will no longer be updating the OP, and respectfully request that this thread be locked and that someone start a new one (so as to prevent any confusion as time goes on).

#293 Tehax

Tehax

Pretty Pony

• Moderators
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

Unlocking this for general Unholy discussion until a suitable replacement available. See the sticky thread if you are interested.

#294 Matron Heartless

Matron Heartless

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

While it doesn't immediately help with the aforementioned need in this forum, I thought this might be somewhat related.

I made a guide thread Tuesday on our official class forums at BNET and it was recommended to me that I also post of its existence here. Currently there is a Tanking guide and their equivalent of the 'Simple Q/A' thread stickied, but nothing is pinned for PVE Unholy or Frost. I thought it was interesting that there wasn't one anymore, but kind of understandable. Trying to write something cogent given the expectations and caliber of players who participate on EJ/BNET is definitely a challenge. I have tried very earnestly to organize the information accurately and neatly, despite the limitations of Blizzard's BB code.

BNET: Unholy PVE Guide (4.0.6)

#295 Wheva

Wheva

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

If anyone is interested in an Unholy guide that will be kept up to date until our dear Consider's replacement comes there is a pretty nice one on Ensidia/For the Horde's website Manaflask
The one issue with it is that its in German. So I suggest you get google chrome which will automatically translate it into English for you. The english may be a bit rough and you may need to read it over 1-2 times to understand it, but its a very well done and pretty accurate guide. The link is below

Manaflask - Unholy DPS - Cataclysm 4.0.6 - posted by Sheya
I would favorite it because it isnt exactly the easiest to find :(

If you wish to download google chrome here is the link:
Google Chrome - Download

#296 miracool

miracool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

.. but its a very well done and pretty accurate guide. The link is below

Manaflask - Unholy DPS - Cataclysm 4.0.6 - posted by Sheya
I would favorite it because it isnt exactly the easiest to find :(

Sorry, but this "guide" is just a translated and outdated version of considers guide. A shame that the author even
didn't mentioned that this guide is just a "Copy & Paste".

#297 Wonderbrah

Wonderbrah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

For fights like heroic halfus and Maloriak is anyone going with the AoE guide lines(DnD and IT glyphs with frost presence)? I'm doing decent DPS on those encounters but I think I could squeeze out some more numbers.

#298 Thalden

Thalden

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

Well for Maloriak yes, but for Halfus it really depeneds on how your guild really does it.
Another thing...think about it, your dps will be loss when you single target Halfus down..because of the glyph changes and such. But thats my opinion. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users