Photo

[Enhancement] Unleashing Elements, a Cataclysmic discussion (Now with more Fire Nova)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#41 Ruga

Ruga

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

I guess this puts an end to the Caster Weapon > regular weapons discussion:

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

* We want to make sure Enhancement shaman avoid caster weapons.

Source: Upcoming Class Changes - World of Warcraft

Seems like they really want to fix this sooner rather then later for us.

#42 SentinelBorg

SentinelBorg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

I guess this puts an end to the Caster Weapon > regular weapons discussion:
Source: Upcoming Class Changes - World of Warcraft
Seems like they really want to fix this sooner rather then later for us.

They wrote the same thing months ago. Until they do the real change (and I think we gave them more than enough suggestions), caster weapons will stay hot for us.

#43 Low Life

Low Life

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

Call of Flame doesn't affect the Searing Flames DoT, it affects Searing Totems damage.

One application of Searing Flames does damage equal to Searing Totem's bolt damage, so surely Searing Totem doing 20 % more damage with each bolt will also increase Searing Flames' damage by an (almost) equal amount? That'd be the correct way for the talent to work, and if it doesn't then it clearly is a bug.

#44 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

One application of Searing Flames does damage equal to Searing Totem's bolt damage, so surely Searing Totem doing 20 % more damage with each bolt will also increase Searing Flames' damage by an (almost) equal amount? That'd be the correct way for the talent to work, and if it doesn't then it clearly is a bug.

It was bug reported a few times in the Beta but if you want to bug report it again, feel free. That's just how the ability/talent interact in-game so that is what we work with; not with what should be the correct way for them to work.

#45 Zewbs

Zewbs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Right now I'm unable to log in so I can't give exact values, but Elemental precision was giving me ~1% spell hit just from my 150 or so base spirit according to the character sheet. If our base spirit spirit is giving us spell hit from Elemental Precision, then the value would go up.

#46 PDXMarcos

PDXMarcos

ME

• Allied Members
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

Right now I'm unable to log in so I can't give exact values, but Elemental precision was giving me ~1% spell hit just from my 150 or so base spirit according to the character sheet. If our base spirit spirit is giving us spell hit from Elemental Precision, then the value would go up.

Base spirit does not give contribute to Elemental Precision. Look at my profile, I have 1777 total spirit (157 base, 1620 from gear) and only have 1744 hit rating.

Edit: That 1% spell hit is because you're a Draenei.

#47 Zewbs

Zewbs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

Base spirit does not give contribute to Elemental Precision. Look at my profile, I have 1777 total spirit (157 base, 1620 from gear) and only have 1744 hit rating.

Edit: That 1% spell hit is because you're a Draenei.

I was looking at my character sheet as I respecced and my spell hit changed. I figured the tooltip was wrong or the effect was bugged. My 1% from being a Draenei wouldn't have left and then come back.

Have you tried taking off all of your gear and looking at your hit rating as you respec? You'e probably right and I was just seeing things, but just to be sure.

On a somewhat different note, I didn't have time to test if what it displayed actually worked on a dummy because I had to leave right after.

#48 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

Just look at his profile.

He has 124 hit rating on his gear between gems and reforging. He has 1777 spirit, 1620 of which is from his gear. His hit rating is 1744. 1620 + 124 = 1744 = Elemental Precision does not work on base spirit.

#49 Delsin

Delsin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

The PTR is up according to MMO-Champion, and if they are correct then there is no new changes to shaman.

Just a few additions of Glyph in spell tooltips to properly reflect their effects when you use them. Nothing new.

It seems a bit odd, but it looks as though they are in fact not fixing caster mainhands, or at least not yet.

#50 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

The PTR is up according to MMO-Champion, and if they are correct then there is no new changes to shaman.

It seems a bit odd, but it looks as though they are in fact not fixing caster mainhands, or at least not yet.

Wait till we get some actual numbers from the PTR. Neither the bugged FT that didn't scale with mastery nor the bugged FT that had no direct damage nor the current bugged FT where it is scaling with spellpower and then separately with AP have showed up on MMO-Champion's notes nor on the patch notes. If their fix was just something internal with FT we won't know about it until someone gets on the PTR and starts hitting things.

#51 Israfel

Israfel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:40 AM

New meta gem changes in upcoming patch:

* Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
* Added new meta gems: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.

Looks like the Agile SSD will be the Meta to use, provided your stat weights Agi>Mastery
Source

#52 Burka

Burka

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Wait till we get some actual numbers from the PTR. Neither the bugged FT that didn't scale with mastery nor the bugged FT that had no direct damage nor the current bugged FT where it is scaling with spellpower and then separately with AP have showed up on MMO-Champion's notes nor on the patch notes. If their fix was just something internal with FT we won't know about it until someone gets on the PTR and starts hitting things.

Dear Rouncer, will you please advise the best method for checking if there is any changes with FT was implemented or not on PTR. Thank you.

#53 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Here are the two possible formulas for FT on the PTR

Current live formula - double-dipping on AP
((305 + (spellpower * 0.1539) + (attackpower * 0.04611)) * (base weapon speed / 4)) * (1 + (mastery * 0.025))

Formula if they have removed the double-dip
((305 + (spellpower * 0.1539)) * (base weapon speed / 4)) * (1 + (mastery * 0.025))

Just be in an Enhancement spec with normal gear but only 1 weapon and no trinkets or anything that might proc additional stats. Then go hit a training dummy a few times with FT on the weapon. Plug in your stats and see which formula gives you the correct damage values. Then post your AP + Spellpower + base weapon speed + mastery rating and FT damage values here so we can confirm your results.

EDIT

Got on the PTR. No changes in FT that I can see.

#54 death_Phobos

death_Phobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Has somebody tested the new version of Unheeded Warning - Item - World of Warcraft on the PTR?
It seems that it has been changed to 680 Weapon Damage. Since it is cheap now it would be interesting to see if its a good trinket for us.
No amount of balancing can fix playing like a moron.

#55 MihaiBreaz

MihaiBreaz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Has somebody tested the new version of Unheeded Warning - Item - World of Warcraft on the PTR?
It seems that it has been changed to 680 Weapon Damage. Since it is cheap now it would be interesting to see if its a good trinket for us.

First I want to ask want changes has the trinket on PTR?

I already have the trinket on live and I see the increase of my overall dps.
I think is not the best trinket in the game, but if it drop for your group and you still have a 346 ilvl or lower try to take and use it.

#56 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

We're asking for people to test the trinket and post their results in the EnhSim thread. So if you have the trinket and were willing to devote time to help test it that would be most appreciated.

#57 SentinelBorg

SentinelBorg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

Flametongue Weapon damage now scales from attack power instead of spell power (for Enhancement shaman only).

While that is exactly what I called for, we need real numbers from the PTR first, before we can make a verdict. At least I don't see any buff to our melee based abilities, which makes me worry.

Other changes that affect us:
  • "Hex now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds." -> Straight nerf for PvP
  • "Purge now dispels a single effect instead of two." -> Straight nerf for PvP
  • "Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown." -> Double edged sword, but considering the high value of SoE and EB for us, that could be called a PvP buff for Enhancement.
  • "Purge no longer has its mana cost reduced by Mental Quickness." -> I wrote about the impact of Enhancement Purge spamming in the Beta, but I hoped they would find a better solution for that, like adding a cooldown to Purge when Enhancement.
  • "Greater Healing Wave mana cost has been increased by 10%; healing done has been increased by 20%." -> That is actually a nice buff to Enhancement self-healing capabilites.
Edit: Another thing that worries me is our AoE damage. With the switch away from caster weapons it will drop even further. I got benched at Maloriak HM 10 because I can't keep up with the other dps in that department. In the black phase you have the classic moving AoE situation, where I need to redrop Magma Totem like every 10 seconds. In the green phase your raid needs to deal in sum ~10.8 million damage on 6 targets in 15 seconds with a 100% damage increase buff up. But even with a spell power weapon, double Flametongue, the CL Glyph and a perfect AoE rotation that includes hard-casting Chain Lightning, I can only do around 700k. That is not even close to enough and less than half of what for example Fire Mages, Arms Warriors or Demonology Warlocks can achieve. With Fire Elemental I could reach maybe a full million, but even glyphed it is not available every time and it is currently so bugged, that it often just stands there and attacks nothing at all.

#58 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

Since it looks like the next PTR build is going to have changes to our mechanics, you might want to wait doing any testing until a new build shows up. At the very least any Flametongue Weapon testing.

#59 Asirae

Asirae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

re: [Figurine - Demon Panther] (Supposedly the Panther doesn't drop while spec'd Enhancement)

It does drop for Enh shamans now.
I picked it up today in Tol Barad daily killfest.
- A

#60 Throm

Throm

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

New PTR notes posted

Public Test Realm Patch 4.0.6 Notes - Updated Jan. 12 - World of Warcraft

FT dmg reduced by 20%
WF now 3 additional attacks instead of 2

This certainly shifts the focus to the MH weapon, interesting to see how this pans out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users