Flametongue Weapon damage now scales from attack power instead of spell power (for Enhancement shaman only).
While that is exactly what I called for, we need real numbers from the PTR first, before we can make a verdict. At least I don't see any buff to our melee based abilities, which makes me worry.
Other changes that affect us:
- "Hex now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds." -> Straight nerf for PvP
- "Purge now dispels a single effect instead of two." -> Straight nerf for PvP
- "Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown." -> Double edged sword, but considering the high value of SoE and EB for us, that could be called a PvP buff for Enhancement.
- "Purge no longer has its mana cost reduced by Mental Quickness." -> I wrote about the impact of Enhancement Purge spamming in the Beta, but I hoped they would find a better solution for that, like adding a cooldown to Purge when Enhancement.
- "Greater Healing Wave mana cost has been increased by 10%; healing done has been increased by 20%." -> That is actually a nice buff to Enhancement self-healing capabilites.
Edit: Another thing that worries me is our AoE damage. With the switch away from caster weapons it will drop even further. I got benched at Maloriak HM 10 because I can't keep up with the other dps in that department. In the black phase you have the classic moving AoE situation, where I need to redrop Magma Totem like every 10 seconds. In the green phase your raid needs to deal in sum ~10.8 million damage on 6 targets in 15 seconds with a 100% damage increase buff up. But even with a spell power weapon, double Flametongue, the CL Glyph and a perfect AoE rotation that includes hard-casting Chain Lightning, I can only do around 700k. That is not even close to enough and less than half of what for example Fire Mages, Arms Warriors or Demonology Warlocks can achieve. With Fire Elemental I could reach maybe a full million, but even glyphed it is not available every time and it is currently so bugged, that it often just stands there and attacks nothing at all.