• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

#1 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Cataclysm is upon us and the world is burning. EnhSim will be here to help you choose the gear to best put out those fires. Please see the second post to see what Ziff would like tested and if that seems out of date then please check the last page of the thread.

What is EnhSim and what can it do for you?

EnhSim is a World of Warcraft utility for simulating shaman combat. EnhSim tries to accurately replicate combat and it's mechanics inside WoW to generate useful data to enhance your playing. In damage dealing role, this means maximizing your DPS. EnhSim helps you to:

• Find the best rotation for max DPS.
  • Optimize your talents.
  • Choose the best equipment, enchants, consumables etc. available.
  • Calculate your personal EP values.

Information for using EnhSim can be found at About EnhSim

The latest version can always be found at EnhSim

Current Version Notes

EnhSim 2.6.7 BETA

Download from EnhSim 2.6.7 BETA

This release supports WoW patch 4.3 for level 85.
To use this release, you must have the Microsoft Visual C 2010 Redistributable Package installed. This can be downloaded from Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
To use the GUI, you must have the .NET 4.0 Frameworks installed. This can be downloaded from Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

Changes
- No'Kaled's proc can no longer miss
- No'Kaled's proc now uses fire/shadow/frost spell crit rate instead of yellow melee crit rate
- Vial of Shadows' attack proc can now be dodged
- Vial of Shadows' AP coefficient varies for RF/Normal/Heroic version at 0.797, 0.9 and 1.016 per AP respectively
- Added the Arrow of Time trinket

EnhSim 2.6.6 ALPHA

Changes
- Implemented an initial stab at No'Kaled.

It's implemented as a 7% chance to proc off of white hits, Stormstrike and Lava Lash. I treat it as a yellow attack without the ability to dodge and the damage can crit. It is effected by all buffs to fire, frost and shadow. It is also effected by our mastery bonus. We still need alot more testing with this axe to confirm exactly how it works, but this should be a start.

- Switched to using the RF designator for Raid Finder gear instead of LFR since it seems that's what people are starting to abbreviate it as.
- Fixed a problem where our mastery bonus was mistakenly effecting Arcance and Shadow damage.
- Removed the old necrotic plague switches in the config file and just standardized on selecting a special weapon just like selecting an Axe or Fist weapon.
- Make sure that the AP raid bonus is taken from the best buff between the raid buff and the one from Unleashed Rage
- Added in the new trinkets for 4.3 with initial models, when more data is gathered I'll update them to match when 4.3 goes live. Below is a more detailed breakdown.
- Added in Kiroptyric Sigil. Only added in the normal version, since the heroic version doesn't seem to exist in game
- Added in the Starcatcher Compass, the lfr version, normal version and heroic version. Modeled it with a 10% chance to proc, with a 80 second ICD initially.
- Added in the Vial of Shadows, the lfr version, normal version and heroic version. Modeled it with a 15% chance to proc, with a 25 second ICD initially. The damage is effected by AP at a 100% coefficient, and it is effected by damage mitigation via armor and physical damage buffs like Savage Combat. It uses the yellow attack combat, with the ability to crit at a 150% bonus. I'm treating it like DMC:H, where it is a ranged attack so it can miss but not dodge.
- Added in the Wrath of Unchaining, the lfr version, normal version and heroic version.

EnhSim2.6.3 ALPHA

Changes
- Added new priorities so we can test out the new T13 4P bonus. They are for casting Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning with Maelstrom Weapon stack when the Spirit Wolves are active. They follow the form MWxyySW, where x is 1-5 and yy is either LB or CL

EnhSim 2.6.0 RELEASE

Changes
- Updated Unheeded Warning to a 1926 Attack Power buff

EnhSim 2.5.2 ALPHA

Changes
- The Mixology option wasn't giving the proper boost to the Cataclysm flasks and elixirs.
- Properly track haste rating so I can have the Matrix Restabilizer trinket trigger between haste rating and mastery rating. The sim still doesn't track crit rating properly, so crit rating isn't accounted for with the Matrix Restabilizer. This should enable a common sim option of using The Hungerer with the Matrix Restabilizer trinket.
- Updated Unheeded Warning to not only effect melee auto-attacks, but also Windfury and Stormstrike

Since I forgot to post the 2.5.1 ALPHA build, here's the changes from that
- Added a new stat in the Maelstrom section called 'proc eaten' that tracks the number of Maelstrom procs that get unused if they proc while hard casting LB or CL.
- Added in a proc delay for the damage swings from Windfury to better simulate the delay on Live. Mainly focused on delaying how Maelstrom procs occur from Windfury.
- Changed the time output for the combatlog to be in a more structured format to allow easier comparisons
- Also cleaned up some of the combatlog entries

EnhSim 2.5.0 RELEASE

Changes
- Removed the heroic version of Ancient Petrified Seed since it doesn't seem to be possible to use in game
- Changed the default config file to the gear and rotation setup from the BIS thread

Project Coordinators
Levva
joenievelt
Ziff
Rouncer

Project Developers
Alandovos
Arbreng
Cryolithic
Eralun
Mcdrewski
tortugapir8
Ziff
Extenze

This project is a continuation of the excellent work already done by Tukez and the original EnhSim project at EnhSim.

#2 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Check list of Outstanding Issues

We are in the testing stages. Now we are looking for confirmation that the sim is properly modeling in-game conditions and asking for people to post when their results from the sim show significant discrepancies when compared to say WoL parses.

On the PTR it appears that Unheeded Warning is being redesigned. Need someone with the trinket to copy over and test the new design.

Unheeded Warning
Binds when equipped
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
+321 Agility
Requires Level 85
Item Level 359
Equip: Your melee attacks have a chance to increase your weapon damage by 680 for 10 sec.

Need to know how that 680 weapon damage is applied.
Need to know if the 680 weapon damage is affected by the offhand penalty.
Need to know if it applies to all melee attacks or just to auto-attacks.

#3 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

EnhSim 2.2.0 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.0 ALPHA

This release adds in the changes for 4.0.3a for level 85.
To use this release, you must have the Microsoft Visual C 2010 Redistributable Package installed. This can be downloaded from Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
To use the GUI, you must have the .NET 4.0 Frameworks installed. This can be downloaded from Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

Changes
- Updated EnhSim to start using the level 85 set of talents/coefficients
- Updated Blood Fury with the level 85 numbers
- Updated Elemental Precision to the 4.0 version

#4 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:15 PM

I just tossed up a new alpha version of EnhSim so people can start playing with the level 85 numbers. I'm assuming that there are problems with the sim for level 85 talents/equipment/buffs, so this should be a way that we can sort out the issues. If you find any problems, make sure you enter in a issue up on the codeplex site. Some items that I think are outstanding:

1) What are the feral spirits stats at level 85? Since feral spirits don't get buffed directly anymore, how does it gain stats from us?
2) What should be the new EP settings for each of the stats?
3) How accurate is the sim against what we are seeing on live? Do we have any major discrepany against live?
4) What are the big missing trinkets from level 85?

#5 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Don't use the current alpha version of the Sim (EnhSim 2.2.0 ALPHA) for any gear testing or EP valuations at level 85. It is still running the old armor DR formula so it is giving a much higher amount of damage reduction for that armor then actually occurs in-game.

#6 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

EnhSim 2.2.1 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.1 ALPHA

Changes
- Updated the armor constant to the correct value for level 85

#7 SentinelBorg

SentinelBorg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

is still missing and as I already got mine, here are the tested facts about the proc:
  • it hits for 3750 to 6250 nature damage
  • our Mastery increases the damage (also in the tooltip)
  • it uses our spell crit chance and crits for 50% bonus damage (no Stormstrike bonus)
  • it has no or a very small internal cooldown (got procs as close as 3 seconds)
  • its procrate is the usual 1 ppm, scaling with haste
  • it does around 5% of my damage in current single target fights

#8 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

is still missing and as I already got mine, here are the tested facts about the proc:

• it uses our spell crit chance and crits for 50% bonus damage (no Stormstrike bonus)

I'm not quite getting what you are saying above. In one line, you are saying that you get procs almost back to back. So the trinket does not have an ICD and is strictly a proc chance per attack. The next line says it is a 1 ppm (proc per minute), which implies it uses the blizzard standard 45 second ICD. So which is it? Or are you trying to say that you are getting procs almost immediately after the ICD expires? This seems just like an updated version of the , which had a 35% proc chance and a 45 second ICD.

#9 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

I'm trying to get the T11 set bonuses into the sim and have a couple of questions about it.

1) For the 2 piece bonus, is the 10% bonus to Lava Lash and Stormstrike additive or multiplicitive? For example, will Stormstrike go from 125% weapon damage to 135% weapon damage or 138% weapon damage?
2) For the 4 piece bonus, I'm assuming that the crit bonus to Lightning Bolt is additive to your current spell crit percentage. Is this correct?

I know some of these data points might be hard to confirm since people are either just getting to 85 or just starting raiding, but I want to make sure these are accurate. For right now, I'll do the 2 piece bonus as a multiplicitive effect and the 4 piece bonus as a additive effect. But I'd like to get confirmation since I currently don't have access to these pieces yet. Maybe somebody remembers doing this research during the beta?

#10 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

I'm not quite getting what you are saying above. In one line, you are saying that you get procs almost back to back. So the trinket does not have an ICD and is strictly a proc chance per attack. The next line says it is a 1 ppm (proc per minute), which implies it uses the blizzard standard 45 second ICD. So which is it? Or are you trying to say that you are getting procs almost immediately after the ICD expires? This seems just like an updated version of the , which had a 35% proc chance and a 45 second ICD.

In that instance the standard 1ppm that he is referring to is the one that applies to enchants like Berserking and Mongoose. Question really is whether it is a flat percentage or a ppm mechanic. Easiest way to tell is combat logs with a single slow 2hander and then one with a fast dagger.

#11 SentinelBorg

SentinelBorg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

PPM has nothing to do with internal cooldowns. Actually most trinkets that have that 45 sec internal cooldown, work with flat percentages and not with the PPM mechanic. I got 54 procs in 1348 hits in my small test. In our raid today our fury warrior with his much slower weapons got 134 procs in 2433 hits. So I assume a PPM rate of 1.

#12 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

We need information on the new trinkets and on the weapon enchants.

- nature damage
- can crit
- affected by enhancement mastery
- No cooldown - had it proc off both hits of a windfury proc
- 205 procs on 1000 melee swings with a 2.6 speed weapon
- 1.8 speed dagger. 104 procs took 676 melee attacks which is a 15.4% proc rate.
- Averaging everything out it all seems to be generally consistent with 5 ppm.

- procs from melee attacks at what appears to be the same rate as mongoose/berserking. No ICD, can refresh itself
- procs from spell attacks at a 15% rate with a 36-45 second ICD. ICD shared between weapons when dual wielded
- both procs can be up and effective at the same time (able to get 2 active buffs from one enchant)

Questions about Hurricane
- does the proc chance for spells increase when it is dual wielded?
- can we still get 3 active buffs when it is dual wielded? (was able to get three in the Beta)

- need confirmation testing that current implementation is accurate

Trinkets

See Jaffnar's post for how to give information about any of the above trinkets. Including WoL combat parses is always appreciated as is elaborating on your testing methods and results. Also if you find information on any of them elsewhere (rogue forums are always a great place to look) please provide a link here.

#13 Erysha

Erysha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Questions about Hurricane
- can we still get 3 active buffs when it is dual wielded? (was able to get three in the Beta)

According to my rogue friend with double Hurricane, he can still proc 3 at once.

#14 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

According to my rogue friend with double Hurricane, he can still proc 3 at once.

Very helpful, thank you, I updated the check list with your confirmation of the triple buff possibility. Now we just need someone with hurricane on both weapons to cast LBs at a dummy until it procs and then wait 45 seconds (ICD) and do it again to see what happens to the proc chance on spells when it is dual wielded. Guessing it checks mainhand and then offhand for procs on each spell cast but confirmation would be appreciated.

#15 Grumpf

Grumpf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

In the main Enhance thread, there is a discussion whether the hit cap is 1742 (as stated in Cochise's roll-up) or if the 6% hit from spec counts for spell hit. In running my sims I'm using average gear at just under 11% spell hit (1054 rating) Straight export from Shock & Awe with no number tampering. Included is one of the many results showing a zero miss rate (other than white).

Is this because of....
A) The 6% from spec DOES count towards spell hit and we don't actually need 1742?
B) The sim isn't calculating hit properly?
C) I'm not using the sim properly?
D) All of the above

### Saved by v2.2.1 of EnhSimGUI

config_version                  2.2.1
simulation_time                 5000
simulation_time_combatlog       300
combat_length                   7
report_count                    80
threads                         1
combat_length_rng_factor        0.35
min_lag                         250
max_lag                         350
simulate_mana                   0
cast_sr_on_cooldown             1

ep_precision                    2
ep_base_stat                    ap
ep_ap                           80
ep_crit_rating                  40
ep_hit_rating                   40
ep_expertise_rating             40
ep_haste_rating                 40
ep_mastery_rating               40
ep_spellpower                   46
ep_dps                          7.5
ep_mana                         600
ep_spirit                       40
ep_mp5                          40
ep_intellect                    40
ep_agility                      40
ep_strength                     40

mh_auto_attack                  1
oh_auto_attack                  1
use_bloodlust                   1
always_bloodlust_wolves         0
cast_lvb_only_if_fs_active      1
cast_fs_only_if_dots_left       0
cast_magma_only_if_ticks_left   2
cast_searing_only_if_ticks_left 1
cast_sr_only_if_mana_left       0
use_mana_potion_if_mana_left    1000
necrotic_touch                  0
necrotic_touch_heroic           0

gloves_enchant                  -
cloak_enchant                   -
ring_proc                       -

rotation_priority_count         10
rotation_priority1              SW
rotation_priority2              MW5_LB
rotation_priority3              SS
rotation_priority4              LL
rotation_priority5              FS_UEF
rotation_priority6              UE
rotation_priority7              ES
rotation_priority8              FE
rotation_priority9              ST
rotation_priority10             SR

aoe_rotation_priority_count     0

fight_name                      standard_single_target
miss                            8.00
dodge                           6.50
glancing                        24.00
armor                           11977
spell_miss                      17.00
nature_resistance               0
fire_resistance                 0
frost_resistance                0
arcane_resistance               0
shadow_resistance               0

additional_targets              0
additional_target_percent       0.00
additional_target_level         85

armor_debuff                    12.0/12.0
physical_vulnerability_debuff   4.0/4.0
melee_haste_buff                10.0/10.0
crit_chance_buff                5.0/5.0
attack_power_buff_multiplier    10.0/10.0
spell_haste_buff                5.0/5.0
spell_crit_chance_debuff        5.0/5.0
spell_damage_debuff             8.0/8.0
spellpower_buff                 10.0/10.0
percentage_damage_increase      3.0/3.0
stat_multiplier                 5.0/5.0
agi_and_strength_buff           155/155
mana_buff                       600/600
mana_regen_buff                 92/92

replenishment                   1
water_shield                    0
mixology                        0

flask_elixir                    flask_of_endless_rage
guardian_elixir                 -
potion                          potion_of_speed
food                            fish_feast

###############################################################################
### Everything in the section below can be replaced by information obtained ###
### from your paper doll stats or exported by the ShockAndAwe addon         ###
###############################################################################

race                            tauren
mh_speed                        2.60
oh_speed                        2.60
mh_dps                          362.8
oh_dps                          362.8
mh_crit                         20.23
oh_crit                         20.23
mh_hit                          14.79
oh_hit                          14.79
mh_expertise_rating             0
oh_expertise_rating             0
ap                              7433
melee_haste                     7.13
str                             151
agi                             3233
int                             150
spi                             173
mastery_rating                  702
spellpower                      3856
spell_crit                      9.79
spell_hit                       10.40
spell_haste                     7.13
max_mana                        25400
mp5                             1171

mh_imbue                        windfury
oh_imbue                        flametongue

mh_enchant                      berserking
oh_enchant                      berserking

mh_weapon                       fist
oh_weapon                       axe

trinket1                        66969
trinket2                        65805

set_bonus1                      -
set_bonus2                      -
set_bonus3                      -

metagem                         -

glyph_prime1                    feral_spirit
glyph_prime2                    stormstrike
glyph_prime3                    lava_lash

glyph_major1                    chain_lightning
glyph_major2                    lightning_shield
glyph_major3                    -

armor_type_bonus                1

primary_talent                  enhancement
elemental_weapons               2/2
focused_strikes                 3/3
improved_shields                2/3
elemental_devastation           3/3
flurry                          3/3
static_shock                    3/3
improved_fire_nova              0/2
searing_flames                  3/3
frozen_power                    0/2
shamanistic_rage                1/1
unleashed_rage                  2/2
improved_lava_lash              2/2
maelstrom_weapon                3/3

convection                      0/2
concussion                      2/3
call_of_flame                   2/2
reverberation                   0/2
elemental_precision             3/3
elemental_focus                 0/1
elemental_oath                  0/2
lava_flows                      0/3
storm_earth_and_fire            0/3
elemental_mastery               0/1
feedback                        0/3
lava_surge                      0/2

resulting in:
MH:
miss                1367858        12.23%
dodge               502724         4.49%
glancing            2684176        24.00%
hit                 3326982        29.75%
crit                3302715        29.53%
average ap          8976.82
clip                0              0.00%

MH Windfury:
procs/hits          15.50%
procs/swings        13.20%
miss                0              0.00%
dodge               156579         4.49%
hit                 2249709        64.52%
crit                1080578        30.99%
average ap          8975.39

MH Storsmtrike:
dodge               90881          4.49%
hit                 1308698        64.67%
crit                624172         30.84%
average ap          8965.50

MH Unleashed Weapon Windfury:
dodge               47102          4.52%
hit                 672704         64.48%
crit                323420         31.00%
average ap          8974.14

OH:
miss                1365924        12.21%
dodge               501722         4.49%
glancing            2682574        23.98%
hit                 3333746        29.81%
crit                3300743        29.51%
average ap          8975.44
clip                0              0.00%

OH Flametongue:
hit                 9723917        80.20%
crit                2400319        19.80%
average sp          6299.91

OH Stormstrike:
dodge               86935          4.50%
hit                 1244585        64.39%
crit                601350         31.11%
average ap          8980.28

OH Unleashed Weapon Flametongue:
hit                 837092         80.24%
crit                206134         19.76%
average sp          6299.03

Earth Shock:
hit                 578820         45.18%
crit                702343         54.82%
average sp          6304.40

Flame Shock:
hit                 620248         80.23%
crit                152859         19.77%
average sp          6302.20
dots hit            3813464        80.22%
dots crit           940250         19.78%
average dot sp      6302.97

Lava Lash:
dodge               68889          4.49%
hit                 990636         64.58%
crit                474417         30.93%
average ap          8975.61

Lightning Bolt:
hit                 972014         45.38%
crit                1169706        54.62%
average sp          6305.67

Lightning Shield:
hit                 1067080        45.23%
crit                1292140        54.77%
average sp          6305.92

Spirit Wolves:
dodge               0              0.00%
glancing            1747982        23.99%
hit                 4939582        67.80%
crit                597800         8.21%
average ap          8986.52

Searing Totem:
hit                 5606205        80.22%
crit                1381899        19.78%
average sp          6299.49

Searing Flames:
hit                 2461540        80.23%
crit                606532         19.77%
average sp          6299.33

Fire Elemental Melee:
miss                148559         8.01%
dodge               83616          4.51%
glancing            444415         23.95%
hit                 1123311        60.54%
crit                55718          3.00%

Fire Elemental Fire Shield:
hit                 1569645        92.01%
crit                136277         7.99%

Fire Elemental Fire Nova:
hit                 374083         92.03%
crit                32405          7.97%

Fire Elemental Fire Blast:
hit                 374519         92.02%
crit                32459          7.98%

Fire Elemental stats:
average ap          9009.20
average sp          6318.26
MPS                 38.24
MPCooldown          4588.89
Out of mana time    41.88%
MRPCooldown         0.00
MRPS                0.00

Maelstrom Weapon:
PPM                 39.30
efficiency          90.82%

flurry uptime                  70.08%
elemental devastation uptime   89.66%
UW Windfury uptime             16.63%
UW Flametongue uptime          26.02%

mh enchant uptime              41.22%
oh enchant uptime              37.09%
stormstrike debuff uptime      99.54%
flame shock uptime             68.35%
lightning shield uptime        100.00%
searing totem uptime           64.41%
searing flame uptime           63.23%
fire elemental uptime          28.54%

MRPS without overregen
mana regen          0.00      0.00%
mp5                 0.00      0.00%
replenishment       0.00      0.00%
unrelenting storm   0.00      0.00%
primal wisdom       0.00      0.00%
shamanistic rage    118.34    100.00%
mana potion         0.00      0.00%
misc                0.00      0.00%

DPS                 PPM       MPS
white               1959.97   17.4%     74.56
windfury            898.36    7.98%     5.81
flametongue         1168.06   10.37%    40.41
searing flames      275.99    2.45%     10.23
stormstrike         757.70    6.73%     6.75      0.00      0.00%
lava lash           1217.52   10.81%    5.11      15.27     12.42%
searing totem       849.44    7.54%     0.72      4.90      3.99%
earth shock         459.38    4.08%     4.27      58.98     47.97%
flame shock         377.53    3.35%     2.58      34.16     27.78%
  direct damage     40.07     0.36%     2.58
  dot tick          337.46    3%        15.85
lightning bolt      1202.43   10.68%    7.14      0.00      0.00%
lightning shield    551.62    4.9%      0.14      0.00      0.00%
spirit wolves       292.19    2.59%     0.57      6.43      5.23%
fire elemental      647.30    5.75%     0.14      3.20      2.61%
  melee             474.77    73.35%    6.19
  fire shield       19.77     3.05%     5.69
  fire nova         102.37    15.81%    1.35
  fire blast        50.40     7.79%     1.36
unleashed elements  603.77    5.36%     3.48      23.76     19.33%
  MH Windfury       255.41    42.3%     3.48
  OH Flametongue    348.37    57.7%     3.48

DPS                 11261.29
MPS                 122.95
MP2min              14753.87
MRPS                118.34
Out of mana time    0.00%

elapsed simulation time: 5000.00h
elapsed real time: 17.31s
simulation speed: 1039621x

#16 Lumb

Lumb

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

The 6% hit we get from the spec does not count towards spells. I tested this last night with 14% spell hit (according to character sheet) and was getting the expected 3% miss rate with my flametongue attacks.

So probably B or C.

#17 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

It's something to do with Elemental Precision. When you have points in that talent, no spells miss but without any points in that talent the miss rate is as expected.

EDIT - That is an issue inside of the current build of EnhSim, not something that happens in game.

Ziff, just pull the whole spell hit aspect from Elemental Precision and make it just a flat 1% additional fire/frost/nature nature buff per point. If someone has points in the talent and they have gear with spirit on it then the spell hit will show up on their paper doll anyway.

Ticket - Issue #7684: Elemental Precision Talent

#18 Delsin

Delsin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

I apologize if someone has posted this already, but I didn't see it in anyone of the threads here.

The Engineering tinker Tazik Shocker is affected by our mastery. I did a couple of tests, and it's damage is directly increased by our mastery, as well as the talent Elemental Precision.

Naked and with no spec the tooltip for Tazik Shocker said it would deal 4800 damage. With my gear on and at 15.22 mastery (38.05%) the damage was increased to 6626. Which works out exactly because 4800*0.3805=1826.4. So 4800+1826.4=6626.4 as the tooltip stated. I also tested if it scaled with Spellpower by switching out gear without mastery on it and the tool tip did not update. The talent Elemental Precision has the same effect and increases it's damage by 1, 2 and 3 percent respectively.

#19 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:08 AM

It's something to do with Elemental Precision. When you have points in that talent, no spells miss but without any points in that talent the miss rate is as expected.

EDIT - That is an issue inside of the current build of EnhSim, not something that happens in game.

Ziff, just pull the whole spell hit aspect from Elemental Precision and make it just a flat 1% additional fire/frost/nature nature buff per point. If someone has points in the talent and they have gear with spirit on it then the spell hit will show up on their paper doll anyway.

Ticket - Issue #7684: Elemental Precision Talent

OK, something weird is going on here. I specifically took out the spell hit component in changelist # 53575 and switched it to 4.0 mechanics, and that change made it into version 2.2.1. Let me track this down, since this might indicate some other kind of interaction going on.

EDIT: Think I found the issue. Ended up the calculation of how spirit was effecting spell hit was botched. I'm cleaning it up right now.

EDIT #2: Should be fixed now. I'll push out another build with the fix.

#20 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

EnhSim 2.2.2 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.2 ALPHA

Changes
- The spirit bonus to hit for elemental precision was incorrectly calculated
- Added in the Hurricane weapon enchant. It is currently implemented with a 15% proc chance on each spell cast and melee damage. It will give a 450 haste buff for 12 seconds with a 45 seconds internal cooldown.
- Also fixed up the deathfrost weapon enchant to use the new cooldown mechanism.
- Added in the Power Torrent weapon enchant
- Rewrote the Black Magic weapon enchant to make a common spell proc chance weapon enchant
- Fixed weapon enchants from leaking across combat runs.
- The Black Magic weapon enchant is now described in the config file as black_magic to be more consistent with other options.
- Added in the Landslide weapon enchant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users