• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#21 Sylvand

Sylvand

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

I played around with today, trying to figure out what causes it to proc. Some quick tests show that auto attacks always refresh it, as do Stormstrike and Lava Lash. Windfury Attack and Flametongue Attack do not trigger it, and neither do any of the Unleash Elements attacks (or any spells).

The WF thing confused me a bit, so I started playing with weapon imbues and unleash elements. The first interesting thing that I found is that Unleash Wind can proc Flurry (this is missing from the sim). Second, it doesn't look like they changed any of the old stuff (admittedly I don't have other trinkets like this to check), and I can e.g. get a triple Maelstrom stack from a single WF proc swing. Third, If you put FT on MH and WF on OH, UE grants a free FT attack in addition to the Unleash Flame attack (I'm not sure that this is worth simming though).

I also found a few miscellaneous things; maybe they should be discussed offline but the sim still references Storm, Earth and Fire which was removed in 4.0.1. In addition to this, many of the Elemental talents in the sim are now unavailable to Enhancement Shamans; it may make sense to get rid of them.

Lastly, it's not directly EnhSim related but I ran into two issues with the ShockAndAwe (6.20 r370) EnhSim export: when I copy and paste there are no line breaks, and unenchanted weapons show up with enchant "0" instead of "-".

#22 Erysha

Erysha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

Very helpful, thank you, I updated the check list with your confirmation of the triple buff possibility. Now we just need someone with hurricane on both weapons to cast LBs at a dummy until it procs and then wait 45 seconds (ICD) and do it again to see what happens to the proc chance on spells when it is dual wielded. Guessing it checks mainhand and then offhand for procs on each spell cast but confirmation would be appreciated.

Ok, I have double Hurricane at this point and want to figure out exactly what kind of test we're looking for. Are you saying to do the first LB'ing till proc with 1 weapon equipped? Also, how large of a sample size are we looking for?

#23 Frontier

Frontier

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

I ended up with an tonight. What do you need me to do to go about testing it for sim purposes? I'm not sure I'll have much time until Friday or Saturday but if you can give me instructions on what you need I'll run a combat log.

#24 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

From the Rogue thread.

38. Left Eye of Rajh has a 30% proc rate and a 50 second ICD Credit: Zeyue, sp00n
39. Key to the Endless Chamber has a 10% proc rate and a 75 sec ICD.
40. Essence of the Cyclone has a 10% proc rate and a 50 second ICD. Credit: nelalas
41. Unheeded Warning has a 10% proc rate and a 50 second ICD. Credit: nelalas
42. Prestor's Talisman of Machination has a 10% proc rate and a 75 second ICD. Credit: Caffeine
43. Grace of the Herald has a 10% proc rate and a 100 second ICD. Credit: Zeyue, sp00n
46. Avalanche does not benefit from Bandit's Guile. It seems likely that DMC does not either. Credit: nelalas
48. Swordguard Embroidery has a 15% proc rate and a 55 second ICD.

Hothgor also picked up a last night and he said it looked like a much high then 10% proc rate. If you could just check on the proc rate (similar to the procedure for Hurricane testing but with melee attacks) and the ICD that would be great.

Hurricane is going to be casting lightning bolts outside of the ICD to get a decent sample to see how many casts it takes to get a proc when wielding one enchant versus dual wielding. So chain cast until a proc, mark down how many, wait 50 seconds, chain cast until a proc, mark it down, wait 50 seconds, etc.

We also need to try and get an idea for all of these of which attacks will proc what. Does LL count as a melee attack? Will flametongue damage proc the spell portion of Hurricane? FT and Hurricane shouldn't be too bad. Just use one weapon and look for a double stack off just straight auto-attacking.

#25 Frontier

Frontier

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

I did some quick testing on the training dummy and can confirm Lava Lash will proc both and . I also spent about 15 minutes of testing Unleash Wind and found that it would proc both Flurry and but I did not get a single trinket proc in that time so it does not appear to count as melee or ranged for trinket purposes.

I won't have time to do an auto-attack log until sometime later in the weekend. I'll try to get you an update in a couple days.

Edit: I did about 15 minutes of a rough rotation on the dummy and the fastest refresh on was 50 seconds. That's not really long enough to be conclusive, but seems in line with the rogue findings. Longest refresh was about 70 seconds.

#26 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:40 AM

EnhSim 2.2.3 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.3 ALPHA

This release adds in the changes for 4.0.3a for level 85.
To use this release, you must have the Microsoft Visual C 2010 Redistributable Package installed. This can be downloaded from Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
To use the GUI, you must have the .NET 4.0 Frameworks installed. This can be downloaded from Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

Changes
- Added in the Cataclysm trinkets (Darkmoon Card Hurricane, Essence of the Cyclone, Essence of the Cyclone Heroic, Figurine Demon Panther, Fluid Death, Grace of the Herald, Grace of the Herald Heroic, Heart of the Vile, Key to the Endless Chamber, Key to the Endless Chamber Heroic, Left Eye of Rajh, Left Eye of Rajh Heroic, Prestors Talisman of Machination, Prestors Talisman of Machination Heroic, Schnotzzs Medallion of Command, Skardyns Grace, Skardyns Grace Heroic, Tias Grace, Tias Grace Heroic, Unsolvable Riddle)
- Added in the Synapse Spring engineering tinker
- Added in the new ranks of tailoring embroideries
- Added in the Avalance weapon enchant. It is a 5 PPM enchant that does 500 nature damage per proc. It can crit and is effected by Mastery.
- Added in the Tazik Shocker engineering enchant
- Added in the Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond and Ember Shadowspirit Diamond metagems
- Removed the intellect multiplier from Ember Skyflare Diamond
- Cleaned up some of the outsdated talents that were left over from the switch to the 4.0 talent set.
- Updated the ep ratings to values more matching the current lvl 85 blue gems.
- Updated the mana buff, mp5 buff and strength/agi buff to their level 85 values
- Switched over the gear stats to the pre-made level 85 character from the beta to more match the stats for a current level 85 character.

#27 Low Life

Low Life

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

I played around with 2.2.3 a little bit, and noticed that double Hurricane is giving really little DPS. Using my current gear (which is very much work in progress), without any enchants on weapons my DPS is 14687, with double Hurricane it's at 14777 (so only 90 DPS more) and double Avalanche beats Hurricane at 14823 DPS. Landslide seems to be way ahead of the cheap alternatives at 15320 DPS, as expected. Is Hurricane really that awful or is there something dodgy going on?

Also, it seems Engineers' Tazik Shocker really is as bad as it sounds - it is beaten by Synapse Springs, the caster tinker giving intellect, although by only a small margin.

#28 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Don't use Hurricane yet in the Sim. Ziff has it working properly for the procs from spells but hasn't sorted out how to get the spell procs to play properly with the melee procs.

#29 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:43 PM

Don't use Hurricane yet in the Sim. Ziff has it working properly for the procs from spells but hasn't sorted out how to get the spell procs to play properly with the melee procs.

It's a little bit wacky the way it currently is working in live. It looks like it will proc one buff per weapon it is enchanted upon proc'd by melee attacks. In that way, it's pretty much like Berserker where if you have it enchanted on both weapons you will see two separate buffs stacking on your toon. But it also seems to proc a separate buff from direct spell attacks that isn't linked to the melee proc. But this spell proc is also linked between the weapons where you only get a single buff per character. So if you enhcant both weapons you can get a total of three separate buffs. It's just taking me abit to figure out the right way to code it.

#30 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

Also, it seems Engineers' Tazik Shocker really is as bad as it sounds - it is beaten by Synapse Springs, the caster tinker giving intellect, although by only a small margin.

Well if you just look at Tazik Shocker without any effects from Mastery or crits, it gives you an average of 4800 damage every 120 seconds. That's 40 dps. No way will Mastery, raid buffs or crit rate buff it up that much. So it does seem pretty weak.

#31 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:40 AM

Ziff, I would probably code them as three separate buff. Hurricane_MH, Hurricane_OH and Hurricane_S.

The spell one should check any weapon enchanted with hurricane per spell cast but only allow one stack no matter how many weapons are enchanted. Melee part would just work like berserking but giving 450 haste rating instead of 400 AP. So when a spell procs have it check if there is already a Hurricane_MH or Hurricane_OH active and if there is then it should just refresh it's timer. If there is no Hurricane_MH or _OH active then it should apply Hurricane_S. Then just have melee attacks proc Hurricane_MH or _OH just like berserking works now.

#32 Ruga

Ruga

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

I have a small annotation for the weapon enchant Hurricane:

It also procs off of heals. Healing Rain or Gift of the Naaru both seem to proc it.
If you need, I can provide log data for it but you'd have to tell me how/what you exactly want and how you want me to do it.

#33 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have a small annotation for the weapon enchant Hurricane:

It also procs off of heals. Healing Rain or Gift of the Naaru both seem to proc it.
If you need, I can provide log data for it but you'd have to tell me how/what you exactly want and how you want me to do it.

Doesn't matter. EnhSim doesn't simulate using MW stacks for heals.

#34 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:01 AM

EnhSim 2.2.4 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.4 ALPHA

This release supports WoW patch 4.0.3a for level 85.
To use this release, you must have the Microsoft Visual C 2010 Redistributable Package installed. This can be downloaded from Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
To use the GUI, you must have the .NET 4.0 Frameworks installed. This can be downloaded from Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

Changes
- The Unleash Flame buff wasn't being correctly applied
- Updated the info box's combat ratings to the level 85 ones

#35 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:23 AM

EnhSim 2.2.5 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.5 ALPHA

Changes
- Added in the new food items for Cataclysm
- The Unleash Flame buff was getting consumed before the Flame Shock dot could lock in the damage multiplier
- Updated the Hurricane enchant to better match Live. It now will proc off of melee attacks at a 1 proc per minute basis. Each weapons will be able to proc this independent of each other. It will also be able to proc a separate buff from spell casts. This buff will have a proc chance of 15% per spell cast with a 45 seconds internal cooldown. So this will allow Hurricane to have two independent buffs if enchanted on one weapons, or three independent buffs if enchanted on both weapons.

#36 furbydentarg

furbydentarg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

This is downloading on MAC by any chance? the C++ stuff doesn't agree with my mac. If I have no work around for it are there other possiblities that I can look into? If I can make this program work on my mac somehow I would be happy to give it a whirl.

Thanks!

#37 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

This is downloading on MAC by any chance? the C++ stuff doesn't agree with my mac. If I have no work around for it are there other possiblities that I can look into? If I can make this program work on my mac somehow I would be happy to give it a whirl.

Thanks!

There currently isn't anybody working on EnhSim that can build for the Mac. Until somebody is able to do that, EnhSim will only be supported as a Win32 executable.

#38 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

EnhSim 2.2.6 ALPHA

Download from EnhSim 2.2.6 ALPHA

Changes
- Fixing up some reported memory leaks
- Added in Xcode updates from hempel.
- Added in the Unheeded Warning trinket
- Added in all of the potions, elixirs and flasks from Cataclysm
- Unleashed Weapon - Windfury was getting incorrectly buffed by the Elemental Weapons talent

#39 ziff

ziff

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

I'd like to switch EnhSim out of the Alpha stage to get the broader enhancement shaman community looking at it. That I know of the only large outstanding issues are feral spirits and fire elemental still uses pre-4.0 mechanics. EnhSim should have all of the level 85 mechanics, along with all sensible trinkets and consumables.

Are there any other issues that people are aware of that would keep me from switching EnhSim out of Alpha? I don't think the feral spirit/fire elemental issue would keep me from doing it.

#40 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

What information do we need for the feral spirits?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users