• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#1 Scorned

Scorned

Punched in Face Repeatedly

• Moderators
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Welcome to the Warrior Simple Questions thread. This thread is for all your simple questions which you expect to have simple answers and thus do not require their own thread.

Note that all forum rules still apply: we said simple questions, not stupid questions (which have no place on these forums). You're still expected to make a reasonable effort to find the answer yourself by searching and reading the threads and making use of spreadsheets and any other tools that may be available. If, however, you're fairly confident that your question is not easily answered with available information, but don't think it will generate sufficient discussion to require it's own thread, this is the place to ask.

#2 Valtiel

Valtiel

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Just wanting to double check this assumption: as far as pve is concerned, is it safe to say that it's possible to keybind MS and CS to the same key, putting CS on priority, at no dps loss? I can't think of a single instance where you would want to cast MS over CS, and you'd still be able to use MS when CS is on cooldown.
12 weeks without a Sigil of the Vengeful Heart drop and counting.

#3 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

You don't want to cast CS when your CS debuff is still on the target, like a Sudden Death proc right after you used CS.

#4 Asdilo

Asdilo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Is it possible to make a macro for slam with inner rage use? something like

#showtooltip slam
/cast Inner Rage
/cast Slam
/cancelaura Inner Rage

For now the macro works....but you have to use it 2 times. And if it is possible...Is it possible to get the flash effect of the procc to get shown on the macro button?

EDIT: Ok the flash effect isn't realy needed because of the Blizzard version of the power aura proccs.

#5 Tacitus

Tacitus

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:47 AM

Is Rude Interruption still better than other talents given that it (currently) is consumed on your next yellow swing?

E: for Arms PvE that is

Ex2: After some slight testing, only MS and OP will consume it. Slam, CS, Rend or HS won't consume it, haven't tested execute yet. Most likely a bug, but still wondering if I should spec out of Rude Interruption for the time being.
Brotherhood, Peace, Unity

#6 Kecke

Kecke

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:59 AM

Having only recently come back to the game after a long break I only got experience from Fury side of things so far, but Rude Interruption isn't supposed to work like that. Instead it's a general 5% damage buff for 15/30 seconds like the tooltip states.

Perhaps it's bugged and gets overwritten by Lambs to the Slaughter?

#7 Smoodog

Smoodog

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:47 AM

After testing it in heroics today I'm quite sure that Lambs to the Slaughter is overriding it, not sure if it's intended to be that way or it's currently bugged. For PvE arms this frees up two points for either Executioner or Blood and Thunder.

#8 Baconataur

Baconataur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

What should we be using in our ranged slot? I can't find a single strength non-tank 333+ blue item for us on wowhead.

#9 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

There is none. The best is probably the Vortex Pinnacle ranged tank weapon.

#10 olgilly

olgilly

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

There is crossbow available with STR by doing one of the Uldum quests,I belive its 67 or 69 Str

#11 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Well, Thundercall has 95 Str, 68 mastery and 56 parry rating(40% reforge), so this should be the pre epic BiS ranged.

#12 Themess

Themess

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

At the moment the ilvl restriction on [Eternal Belt Buckle] is not working correctly, but this will be fixed soon

Also the current gemming situation seems to be a bit odd. There are no green gems with str on them (which are required should the meta activation req stay in place) and the "best" available is mastery / hit. Needless to say the loss of DPS from gemming these stats instead of pure str outweighs the loss of one meta, especially when the bonus effect is critical damage. Just wondering if it would be worth going for the runspeed increase meta (1red, one blue, one yellow activation) and chanting boots for something a little more DPS friendly is the way forward at the moment. With hit as well i'm finding the benefits from gemming out for it thanks to the amount required per % are not as prolific as going pure str, but again these are only my observations and currently I have no figures to back this up with.

#13 gorybobcat

gorybobcat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

So what weapon enchantment do we use until landslide is available?

#14 Bickins

Bickins

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

if you need to use something, just use berserking. The materials are extremely cheap since the expansion.

#15 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

Avalanche is also a good enchant for its price. It's 2% from my damage at >10k dps.

#16 Jackaran

Jackaran

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

My question: Fury spec - "Deep Wounds 3/3 vs Incite 3/3"

This probably will be a back and forth as gear progressively gets better.

My theory:
Incite gives a 100% chance to give a crit on next HS and 15% crit on HS (additional), but Deep wounds does 48% of your weapons *average damage* over 6 seconds.

I'm thinking Deep Wounds 3/3 and Incite 2/3.

As we get more gear, that 15% crit would be mute because we'll have so much crit anyway. So rather than go for the crit go for the direct damage. Furthermore, Incite has a 6 sec (Internal or Regular?) Cooldown.

Thoughts or comments?

#17 Ssateneth

Ssateneth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

Is Rude Interruption still better than other talents given that it (currently) is consumed on your next yellow swing?

E: for Arms PvE that is

Ex2: After some slight testing, only MS and OP will consume it. Slam, CS, Rend or HS won't consume it, haven't tested execute yet. Most likely a bug, but still wondering if I should spec out of Rude Interruption for the time being.

Execute will also consume the RI buff as arms. Some fury warriors have also reported that RI gets consumed with execute (No Lambs to the Slaughter buff) so I did some testing. I talented OUT of Lambs to the Slaughter and got 2/2 Rude Interruptions and had an 85 duel me to test out MS, Overpower, and Execute. Even without the LttS talent, Rude Interruptions -still- got consumed after casting any of those 3 abilities. It might be one of those funky bugs where part of the LttS talent isn't unlearned properly, along side with already causing conflict with RI to begin with. I also ticketed a GM about this bug, but he believes that it is not "broken".

#18 Bogdan

Bogdan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

For tanks:

At what % do parry & dodge become to show diminishing returns?

#19 Mirdan

Mirdan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

How does Shield Block convert overflow avoidance into critical block? I have 68% avoidance + block, and 93% with Shield Block up, but the tooltip for the buff is reporting that I have 18% additional chance to critical block, with no overflow.

#20 Feylna

Feylna

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

As of today Rude Interruption is no longer consumed by Lambs. It is now a viable talent investment again.

I humbly submit there's a difference between kicking someone when they're down and kicking someone when they're :downs:

Movie Making Goodness:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Danienn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users