• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#541 Bladekeep

Bladekeep

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hey all. Need any and all constructive criticism to help increase my dps.

Please bear in mind some things, I don't have 4 piece yet cause I main switched for my guild. And my gear isn't super well itemized on some items. But still want to know what I can do to make my dps go up.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

#542 DrSnuggles13

DrSnuggles13

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I have a short question:
Is it possible to see in what stance a warrior is fighting?

#543 Mà stý

Mà stý

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

What are some of the most useful and used prot warrior macros ? thx

#544 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Does someone know if the 4 yards of Glyph of Whirlwind is enough to hit another wall at durumu hc?

#545 tschaka

tschaka

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

yes its enough

#546 W00tgnome

W00tgnome

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

What is the general consensus about fury stat priorities after the haste buff (including weapon DPS)? I'm not asking for 2 decimal weights, but it'd be nice to know if haste has moved up the ladder and if stuff like tanking weapons of higher ilvl will beat out lower ilvl weapons (I'm assuming it's better due to the high amount of weapon damage based attacks).

So far the best info I've found is Collisions post in the all specs thread: http://elitistjerks....33/#post2260482

Also - ever going to change this thread title to MoP?

#547 TLMLÃ rry

TLMLÃ rry
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Has anyone ran the numbers on the best Off Tier Piece for Protection warrior?

#548 jsterr1

jsterr1

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yay or nay? Its usefulness seems somewhat situational to me. I would appreciate some thoughts on whether other warriors out there have found it very useful or if I'm better off just using whatever gear has the best itemization once I have achieved my 2 piece.

#549 Jeremy

Jeremy

reckless mortal

•  Patrons
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Fury's design feels contradictory to me, in this way: we're asked to pool rage for Colossus Smash windows, but at the same time, we're asked to fill GCDs with Wild Strike while Bloothirst is on cooldown. I feel like in order to have a nearly-full rage bar to dump into Colossus Smash, I have to sacrifice a ton of potential Wild Strikes. How is this balanced? By delaying Colossus Smash? Every guide I've read about Fury says to "Colossus Smash as often as possible." Can some great Fury warriors shed some light on this mystery for me?

#550 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Fury's design feels contradictory to me, in this way: we're asked to pool rage for Colossus Smash windows, but at the same time, we're asked to fill GCDs with Wild Strike while Bloothirst is on cooldown. I feel like in order to have a nearly-full rage bar to dump into Colossus Smash, I have to sacrifice a ton of potential Wild Strikes. How is this balanced? By delaying Colossus Smash? Every guide I've read about Fury says to "Colossus Smash as often as possible." Can some great Fury warriors shed some light on this mystery for me?

HS in the CS window is better damage per rage than an un-bloodsurged WS outside the CS window. So it would be more accurate to say that wild striking sacrifices a HS, rather than pooling rage sacrificing wild strikes.

#551 Jeremy

Jeremy

reckless mortal

•  Patrons
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for the clarification. But the problem I perceive still exists: I feel like in order to pool "enough" rage to dump into a CS window, I have to spend way too many globals autoattacking while Bloodthirst is on cooldown. Is this normal? If I "use Colossus Smash" as often as possible, like pretty much every guide tells you to, I will enter many CS windows with like 30 rage or something.

#552 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for the clarification. But the problem I perceive still exists: I feel like in order to pool "enough" rage to dump into a CS window, I have to spend way too many globals autoattacking while Bloodthirst is on cooldown. Is this normal? If I "use Colossus Smash" as often as possible, like pretty much every guide tells you to, I will enter many CS windows with like 30 rage or something.

You shouldn't be that low going in if you're not overly using HS/WS between CSs. The only thing that costs rage otherwise is RB, and the enrage you get to proc a charge pays for its use, so it's not possible to go 20s and only generate 30 rage from all your autos and BTs. Your empty globals will fill up a bit eventually with gear upgrades giving you higher crit and then more RBs to go through.

#553 Jeremy

Jeremy

reckless mortal

•  Patrons
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

I think "overly using HS/WS" is the operative concept, here. I figure HS should only be used in the 100-120 rage range, but what about Wild Strike? Fill all non BT/CS globals with it? Therein lies the problem, maybe.

#554 chymera

chymera

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Outside of CS windows you should only use non-proc WS (and HS respectively) if your rage pool 'allows' it; 'allows' means you still have enough rage to burn into HS within the next CS window.

Personally I tend to fill open GCDs more offen the longer CS is still on CD. Say at 12 seconds till next CS and 50 rage I would cast a non-procced WS while I wouldn't cast it at the same rage level with only 5 seconds left till next CS window.
The exact rage threshold is something you need to find out for yourself as many factors can come into play here (e.g. hit & haste rating or even wether you play SMF or TG [to a degree]). With 1 BT (+10), 3 RBs (3x -10) & 3 HS (3x -30)within one CS window you would require 110 rage. As you also autoattack during the 6 second window 110 would be a to high threshold. Personally I'm aiming for ~80 rage when casting CS.

#555 Wyrmslayer

Wyrmslayer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

How does Fury Mastery actually work? If we have 30% mastery, should we be expecting 140% normal damage while enraged (10% + 30%), 143% (10% * 30%), or 113% (30% stronger enrage, so 13%)?

#556 LockeKAF

LockeKAF

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

How does Fury Mastery actually work? If we have 30% mastery, should we be expecting 140% normal damage while enraged (10% + 30%), 143% (10% * 30%), or 113% (30% stronger enrage, so 13%)?

Just check tooltip with "raw" damage (execute, dragon roar) with and without enrage (you can use berserker rage skill for this)...

#557 pulshu

pulshu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Is there any idea how the arms/fury DPS scales later on with BIS gear?

I've been still going on with SMF and another warrior in our guild has gone arms. In most of the figts my DPS is round 20-40k more than the arms unless the fight is some crazy AOE where arms can make so much more dmg than fury. I'm just a bit confused should I also need to be looking for some 2h weapon to go arms later or what is the future of fury?

#558 Khadarim

Khadarim

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Has anyone tried out some new Prot tanking builds with Riposte?

Currently I'm reforging 7.5% hit > 15% expertise > parry > dodge > mastery to boost my dps while tanking. It's been working great on fights like Corrupted Protectors where I'm always tanking something, but my damage drops on fights where there are taunt swaps - which are pretty common. Just look to see if anyone else has tried and logged some fights with the prot changes.

#559 Rystrave

Rystrave
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Has anyone tried out some new Prot tanking builds with Riposte?

Currently I'm reforging 7.5% hit > 15% expertise > parry > dodge > mastery to boost my dps while tanking. It's been working great on fights like Corrupted Protectors where I'm always tanking something, but my damage drops on fights where there are taunt swaps - which are pretty common. Just look to see if anyone else has tried and logged some fights with the prot changes.

I recently have just to see how it would affect my performance, but haven't really noticed that my DPS dwindled that much after the taunt swaps. I think it might be due to the fact that with the fights in SoO, there's still tanking going on even if you're not on the boss, or the swaps are rather quick. But even on the fights where the swap is usually longer, I think the change has allowed for vengence to stack faster, and with riposte = crit mania /drool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users