• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#41 KopiG

KopiG

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

So incite works like this:If u have only 2/3 and u make a critical hit then every single critical hit which u do besides the talent has a 66% chance to make your next heroic strike a guaranteed crit.
So mathematically in average from 100 critical hits which werent done by incite aproximately 66 will be a guaranteed critical heroic strike the rest will be calculated via the normal hit/crit rules.

Back to my question so if i have 22.18% mastery then the 0.18 is wasted then and wont get converted to like 44.x% chance to proc SoO strikes (which the UI cant/doesnt show)Anybody knows for sure so if that mastery works like hit/crit and just the UI is shit wont show decimals on a mastery like mine or it works like expertise and till i reach 22.5 that 0.18 i have "extra" is wasted and basically a useless stat.

#42 Melufa

Melufa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

Going back to weapon enchants for arms, and excluding Landslide. Hurricane is better than Avalanche or any of the pre-Cata enchants right?

#43 hikarodesu

hikarodesu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

While playing around in org I realized something kind of strange, and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on this matter. Commanding shout gives 585 stamina, my character health is 140.8k health unbuffed. After I use commanding shout I get up to 150.7k health. That's almost double the amount of health I should be getting? Did they change the amount of health that each point of stamina gives? If not, I should be getting 585x10x1.2 (15% from prot spec and 5% from plate spec) = 7020 + 140.8k = 147.8k, where am I getting this extra 3k health?

#44 Reejerey

Reejerey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

PVE: It's situational - This will always be the response you get. Some fights you'll need it while others you won't. It's your call if you want to keep running back to the Trainer to respec your arms tree.

The idea and purpose behind Rude Interruption is to give incentive and reward for interrupting a target. That 1 GCD may cost you a HS or MS however, you gain 5% increased damage to all attacks for the next 15/30 seconds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked pummel and shield bash are off the gcd.

On interrupt fights my guild now has me and our other dps war trade off on the interrupts instead of an enhance shaman or a rogue so that we can get the RI uptime and the extra damage.

#45 Shan

Shan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

Did they change the amount of health that each point of stamina gives?

Stamina is 14 health per point now.

#46 Powerslave

Powerslave

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

I've noticed that the level 80 trinkets with armor on them () have more armor (actually almost double) than 85 level trinkets with armor.My question is, is overpowered or are items like totally useless with the reduced armor on them?
Authoritah!

#47 Shan

Shan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

I've noticed that the level 80 trinkets with armor on them () have more armor (actually almost double) than 85 level trinkets with armor.My question is, is overpowered or are items like totally useless with the reduced armor on them?

The old items are overpowered.

#48 Woede

Woede

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

I'm not sure if this has been stated anywhere before but I have been working through gearing and gemming my Fury Warrior (I am a JC) and I'm trying to figure out what the best Meta gem would be at this point. The Chaotic (CSR and Damage) seems to be the obvious choice but with needing more blue gems (Hit and Stamina being the only choices) over Reds (Strength) would the Impassive (CSR and Fear reduction) be more viable as it only requires one blue gem and one yellow so as to not limit your Strength gemming.

I'm not sure if I'm completely wrong, I have tried to look through the Fury warrior topics and have not really seen any discussion on gemming or stat priority of late.

#49 Vorkannis

Vorkannis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

I'm not sure if this has been stated anywhere before but I have been working through gearing and gemming my Fury Warrior (I am a JC) and I'm trying to figure out what the best Meta gem would be at this point. The Chaotic (CSR and Damage) seems to be the obvious choice but with needing more blue gems (Hit and Stamina being the only choices) over Reds (Strength) would the Impassive (CSR and Fear reduction) be more viable as it only requires one blue gem and one yellow so as to not limit your Strength gemming.

I'm not sure if I'm completely wrong, I have tried to look through the Fury warrior topics and have not really seen any discussion on gemming or stat priority of late.

The is a better Meta gem to use over the . Even with reforging haste and wasted points of mastery, our hit/crit/expertise levels can be very low, so you shouldn't really be gemming all out strength. Gems to use at this point are , and (Depending on socket bonuses and what stats you are low on), which will activate the meta and also 'balance out' your stats.

#50 Bushstar

Bushstar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

A seemingly simple question hoping for a simple answer.

What would be the minimum parry and dodge rating for heroic dungeons?

I keep searching for an answer but no one is coming up with any actual number just stat prioritisation.

EDIT: Point to note I have 26 exp and 8% hit

#51 Glory

Glory

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

Heroic Dungeon are not difficult, just make sure you are hitting your buttons.

Use Spellreflect (-15k+), Shield Bash(-15k+), Thunder Clap(-20% dps of melee), Demoralizing Shout(-10%dps of melee), Shieldblock(-45% dps of melee), Shieldwall (-40% dps), Enraged Regeneration, Disarm (-80% dps of 1 melee), Shockwave (-100% dps for 3 sec) and Concussion Blow (-100% dps for 5 sec).
Using these will mitigate more damage than good gear, without using these, if you have the itemlvl requirement in your tanking gear you are absolutely fine to go. If you use them at the right times, you can aoe through every Heroic Dungeon without cc (group with good dps required).

Keep these abilities on cd/ try to keep Thunder Clap and Demoralizing Shout up as long as possible. Use Shield Block/ Spell Reflect on CD and use Shieldwall/Last Stand if no other CDs are available they will be up for you next boss fight anyways. You can also use Piercing Howl if specced and jump out of melee range if your threat is high -> 100% reduced melee dmg. And use Victory Rush if you kill something if your life is below 50%.

Reforge every Item to mastery, then parry.

Hit cap and Expertise soft cap are nice to have but not needed in the current threat situation. As a warrior you can put Vigilance on a high aggro group member and taunt on taunt global cooldown. Taunt miss has been removed (correct me if i am wrong on this one). Also do Dps member survive 2+ hits from heroic trashmobs so you have time to taunt.

#52 Synek

Synek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Just as a general question from someone who plays Prot Warrior as an alt:

I see that Parry is said to be better than dodge, due to them having the same conversion rate, DR's, and avoidance. I still see a lot of Prot Warriors in high end guilds reforging Parry to Dodge. Is there a need to get dodge to a certain amount, regardless of the fact that Parry is technically better? I also find it strange that these people gem for Parry, yet reforge parry to dodge.

I have heard about the "You need X amount of Y stat" situations, but I never understood it, nor could I find much information about it regarding Prot warriors. It seems counter-productive to me, but there must be a reason for top players to do this.

#53 kbk

kbk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:38 AM

How much should we be valuing the 4p DPS Set bonus. I'm wondering how it works exactly, as to whether once you get 3 stacks (Item - Warrior T11 DPS 4P Bonus - Spell - World of Warcraft) you then cant refresh it and it takes 30seconds to drop off before you can get another buff. Or whether, once you have 3 stacks it just continues to refresh itself if you hit Raging Blow every 30seconds, which is how I assume it would work.

Assuming one has around 10k ap raid buffed in mostly 359 gear the 4piece is only a 300ap buff which is less than as much ap that you would get from a 359 ring/neck. Given how much ap this is, pre full heroic gear, do we think its worth attempting to get the 4set instead of picking up the boot/trinket/ring from the vendor. 4 piece would give ~300ap whereas a 346 to 359 boot upgrade would be ~60ap and ~0.20% per green stat.

But also worth considering that the 4p would apply during uses of Golemblood potion and Trinket proc's that give ap/str and weapon proc's. I am interested in what people's thoughts are regarding the 4p bonus and gearing towards it.

#54 janaka

janaka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

Just as a general question from someone who plays Prot Warrior as an alt:

I see that Parry is said to be better than dodge, due to them having the same conversion rate, DR's, and avoidance. I still see a lot of Prot Warriors in high end guilds reforging Parry to Dodge. Is there a need to get dodge to a certain amount, regardless of the fact that Parry is technically better? I also find it strange that these people gem for Parry, yet reforge parry to dodge.

I have heard about the "You need X amount of Y stat" situations, but I never understood it, nor could I find much information about it regarding Prot warriors. It seems counter-productive to me, but there must be a reason for top players to do this.

Can you give an example where you are seeing this? General rule of thump is to keep Dodge and Parry at close levels, with Parry a little higher, but within 1%, due to the small (the defensive part is really rather small) bonus of Hold the Line.
If you achieve that with gemming Parry (red sockets?) and reforging to Dodge, that's fine. But there's no reason to get a higher Dodge than Parry chance on purpose, if you have a choice, afaik.

#55 ComMcNeil

ComMcNeil

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

How much should we be valuing the 4p DPS Set bonus. I'm wondering how it works exactly, as to whether once you get 3 stacks (Item - Warrior T11 DPS 4P Bonus - Spell - World of Warcraft) you then cant refresh it and it takes 30seconds to drop off before you can get another buff. Or whether, once you have 3 stacks it just continues to refresh itself if you hit Raging Blow every 30seconds, which is how I assume it would work.

Assuming one has around 10k ap raid buffed in mostly 359 gear the 4piece is only a 300ap buff which is less than as much ap that you would get from a 359 ring/neck. Given how much ap this is, pre full heroic gear, do we think its worth attempting to get the 4set instead of picking up the boot/trinket/ring from the vendor. 4 piece would give ~300ap whereas a 346 to 359 boot upgrade would be ~60ap and ~0.20% per green stat.

But also worth considering that the 4p would apply during uses of Golemblood potion and Trinket proc's that give ap/str and weapon proc's. I am interested in what people's thoughts are regarding the 4p bonus and gearing towards it.

As the set bonus is ~300AP increase in addition to the normal stats of a 359 epic item, I would gear towards it simply. Without a spreadsheet though it is not so easy to find a BiS gear list (as I do not trust RAWR here really).

#56 Lord Pendragon

Lord Pendragon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

It was mentioned upthread but not answered:

1. With Landslide still hard to come by, is Hurricane a significant dps increase over Berserker?

2. Is using Inner Rage a significant dps increase? If so, how/when exactly should we be using it? I've heard talk of using Cancel Aura to remove the buff after a period of time. Is there a slash command to remove it specifically, or are folks just using /cancelaura ?

Thanks for your time and help.

#57 ComMcNeil

ComMcNeil

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

I think Avalanche is a good alternative to Hurricane. Dual wielded, avalanche contributes at about 200-300 dps, about 2-3% overall damage. Hurricane only gives 3.51% haste at level 85 and haste does only really modify white damage directly. Both procs, as far as my testing goes, do not have any internal CD, hurricane can procc three buffs at the same time when dual wielded, when wielding in only the main hand, it has an uptime of about 50% of at least one stack.
Personally I think avalanche is better, but I do not have math at hand to support this.

Regarding your second question, the /cancelaura can be used normally, also inside a macro for HS for example.

edit:
In this warriors log World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis avalanche even nets for ~416 dps.

#58 Valdur

Valdur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

Hai!

I've noticed some misses/dodges/parries with my Shield Bash ability when I'm trying to interrupt a boss. I'm quite certain that Shield Bash wasn't affected by hit or expertise before Cataclysm. Has anyone else noticed something like this with their Shield Bash?

Thanks!

#59 janaka

janaka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

Hai!

I've noticed some misses/dodges/parries with my Shield Bash ability when I'm trying to interrupt a boss. I'm quite certain that Shield Bash wasn't affected by hit or expertise before Cataclysm. Has anyone else noticed something like this with their Shield Bash?

Thanks!

Shield Bash has always been able to miss and be dodged and parried. However, a mob, just like a player, cannot dodge or parry while he is casting.
You still need 8% Hit Chance to never miss a Shield Bash against a casting level 88 mob.

#60 Valdur

Valdur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

Shield Bash has always been able to miss and be dodged and parried. However, a mob, just like a player, cannot dodge or parry while he is casting.
You still need 8% Hit Chance to never miss a Shield Bash against a casting level 88 mob.

That makes sense. Much appreciated! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users